Broncos remain NRL's cleanest club

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
That's a good thing in this case. You know he's not going to go easy on us.
He is not going to miss a chance on hitting the Broncos or Qld. The problem I have is the excessive twisting of facts to suit his agendas.
Most reporters do it but he is over the top

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I had to laugh at Peter Camerons article today. He was commenting on the Broncos investigation and the controversial signing of Brumbies star Anthony Milford. Excellent work there Pete, you really know your stuff.

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
He is not going to miss a chance on hitting the Broncos or Qld. The problem I have is the excessive twisting of facts to suit his agendas.
Most reporters do it but he is over the top

That's my point mate. If that's the worst that Buzz can dredge up, then it's not too bad at all.

He's still a wanker though ;-)

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I had to laugh at Peter Camerons article today. He was commenting on the Broncos investigation and the controversial signing of Brumbies star Anthony Milford. Excellent work there Pete, you really know your stuff.
tbf, the Raiders are easily forgotten.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Bahaha who is he and what article is that

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
You really think the Broncos would be cheating. Such little faith you have.

Faith is a good word isn't it? Like having faith in a god that probably doesn't exist just because it makes your life feel somewhat more meaningful?

While is is probably not going to be a situation where the Broncos have been systematically cheating the cap, there is still, at this time, a chance that they were.

Some people don't like cheating. It doesn't matter who did it, if it has happened, it was done by the club, or someone who represents the club. And I don't like that. It's your prerogative to not care, some people are different.

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Wasn't systematic rorting or multiple books though, from memory more a case of rep bonuses exceeding their expectations.

by the way mate if you are tied to the club you should've liked that post, here I am encouraging fans to stick by the Broncos no matter what instead of going for the troll etc.

Didn't need to be that sophisticated in 1990. The cap was only $800, 000 to $1.5 depending on what club you were and your financial situation. Wasn't anywhere near the clauses or rules relating to the cap. $150k over would allow you to have Stuart and Daley.

Raiders won the comp over the cap cheating to keep players, exactly the same as Storm.

Like I said only thing that saves the Raiders from being mentioned with the Storm and Dogs is time lapsed and ignorances to the cap at the time.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I know a lot of you disagree with my slant on it but I only consider it cheating if you went out and bought pre-existing superstars, not if you developed players who were then valued much higher, putting you over the cap. I know what the rules are but it makes no difference to me. Just the way I feel about it. Hopefully it's all just a storm in a teacup and like always I'll wait for the evidence. Not much point in anger generated by clueless conjecture.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
At the end of the day everyone has their own value systems and their own levels of they think is acceptable. Once this all comes out (however big or small this is) I won't begrudge anyone for the decision they make

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
I know a lot of you disagree with my slant on it but I only consider it cheating if you went out and bought pre-existing superstars, not if you developed players who were then valued much higher, putting you over the cap. I know what the rules are but it makes no difference to me. Just the way I feel about it. Hopefully it's all just a storm in a teacup and like always I'll wait for the evidence. Not much point in anger generated by clueless conjecture.

I agree with this completely.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
At the end of the day everyone has their own value systems and their own levels of they think is acceptable. Once this all comes out (however big or small this is) I won't begrudge anyone for the decision they make

Simply liking this post isn't sufficient , I respect it.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Didn't need to be that sophisticated in 1990. The cap was only $800, 000 to $1.5 depending on what club you were and your financial situation. Wasn't anywhere near the clauses or rules relating to the cap. $150k over would allow you to have Stuart and Daley.

Raiders won the comp over the cap cheating to keep players, exactly the same as Storm.

Like I said only thing that saves the Raiders from being mentioned with the Storm and Dogs is time lapsed and ignorances to the cap at the time.
Lmao accidentally going over the cap via higher than expected bonuses ain't the same as deliberate rorting. I'm guessing your knowledge on this issue is as biased and ill informed as it was about Milf not being able to use the round 13 rule if he desired.

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Lmao accidentally going over the cap via higher than expected bonuses ain't the same as deliberate rorting. I'm guessing your knowledge on this issue is as biased and ill informed as it was about Milf not being able to use the round 13 rule if he desired.

You said 24 hours ago you didn't even know of the Raiders' incident.

How do you accidentally give out money to players? McIntyre just walking along and cheques fell out of his pocket to be picked up by Lazo who kept it?

Nothing accident about it, they wanted to keep that team together and did it by deliberately paying over the cap to do it- they got busted and had to lose more than half the side- Martin, Gaffey, Todd, Lazo, Barnhill etc and what was left had to all take cuts.

The fact that terrible 'accident' nearly lost them the 90 premiership doesn't really indicate that the admin at the time viewed it quite as the hair ruffling and run along little scamp incident you claim it was.

I was 100% right about Anthony mate.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Deleted: Not here to troll or argue.

Last edited:
M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Gladly Nashy, my point I wanted to make is stand by your club no matter what. You don't support it because of the current crop of players/management, they aren't the club, the history and fans are what makes it,

The Storm don't have the same history yet it galvanized the fan base and club, if the club has done wrong then the innocents within the club would need the support of the fan base more than ever.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • BroncoFan94
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Foordy
  • Lozza
  • Shane Tronc
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.