Broncos remain NRL's cleanest club

Yeah but compare this to the Storm situation of 2010. No one had any idea until the day before Gallop announced the penalties. If there was anything sinister they would have found it by now. Brisbane dobbing themselves in is just them getting out in front of it.

The Storm was big and obvious. Just because they haven't announced anything doesn't mean they haven't found it- they haven't finished yet. They have whatever the Broncos found.

To dob yourself in you have to have done something, no one goes to the police and takes the wrap for a murder they didn't do.

Last edited:
if they investigate the Broncos because Milford accepted less to play here, then:

they also have to investigate the Tigers for Tedesco accepting less
and the Storm for Proctor accepting less

Less is fine but it has always raised alarm bells when players accept much less than everyone knows they should be on. It has always been that way since the cap started in '90.

Players used to have an assigned value to them regardless of what you paid them.

The Storm was big and obvious. Just because they haven't announced anything doesn't mean they haven't found it- they haven't finished yet. They have whatever the Broncos found.

To dob yourself in you have to have done something, no one goes to the police and takes the wrap for a murder they didn't do.

Yeah, but plenty of people go to the tax office and say "Hey, I found something, and I need you to look into it to see if it's a problem and how I can fix it if it is".

Less is fine but it has always raised alarm bells when players accept much less than everyone knows they should be on. It has always been that way since the cap started in '90.

Players used to have an assigned value to them regardless of what you paid them.

Agree. But what most people have an issue with is this assumption the nrl are taking of 'because Canberra offered milf a mil he is worth a mil' he isn't. He is a great young player but he isn't worth anywhere near that.

I thought the club was tipped off by a third party about the salary cap anomalies??

Pretty sure the third party was the Leagues Club.

Read the book storm cloud (terrific book btw)

Word was around for a month or so before 22/4 that the Storm were in strife and was in major trouble salary wise. The CFO cried his way home the day before the penalties were announced after he saw a young smiling fan marvelling at the Storm mock lockers at their offices.
I ran into a guy and was speaking to him about a bet he put on the Storm at the end of the previous year for them to win the spoon the year they had their points stripped.
Suspicious
Well he worked in a business that a former Bronco partly owned at the time. You cannot tell me that there was not talk going around the players well before anything happened that year

I ran into a guy and was speaking to him about a bet he put on the Storm at the end of the previous year for them to win the spoon the year they had their points stripped.
Suspicious
Well he worked in a business that a former Bronco partly owned at the time. You cannot tell me that there was not talk going around the players well before anything happened that year

there had to be some talk of the Storm rorts around league circles. The bookies suspended betting on the wooden spoon after receiving large bets on the ladder leading Storm to get it (even though, at the time it would have been impossible without having their points stripped)

I am talking about previous year well before bookies suspended betting

And people do go to the doctor if they find irregularities.

Dunno what they're talking about... plenty of cap space there!

28k79s9.png
[/IMG]

Take away Stewart Mills as well, he's long gone. Another terrible signing

Take away Stewart Mills as well, he's long gone. Another terrible signing

He was signed on minimal money as a depth signing. .. hardly what I would class as terrible.

Kennedy ... now that was a terrible signing

Last edited:
Has been fairly quiet on the salary cap front,

You kinda get the feeling the NRL's waiting to see if we make the 8 before imposing any penalties,

Has been fairly quiet on the salary cap front,

You kinda get the feeling the NRL's waiting to see if we make the 8 before imposing any penalties,

I doubt they'd be waiting for that ...... more likely they're dotting their "I"s and crossing their "T"s to make sure they get it 100% correct.

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Redux
  • theshed
  • Pigskin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Confidor
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dexter
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • pennywisealfie
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.