Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Kevvie bites down and makes Kotoni five-eighth out of the season gate, it looks like 2022 will be another year of musical halves. If Staggs remains in the centres, Gamble with be 6. No question. With Albert next in line. Neither are premiership winning halves, but they can get us into the finals.

If Staggs does play 6, then Gamble will go to the bench, and be fashioned into an impact dummy half. Where he'll be a revelation. I'll be banging on about this a lot more, getting told to shut up, and then it will happen. You heard it here first. Again.

I'll go back to my corner now.
Rubbish, the halves merry go round was partially about injuries and suspensions, and partially about trying out options for the future

Rubbish, the halves merry go round was partially about injuries and suspensions, and partially about trying out options for the future
So remind us again who'll be playing five-eighth in 2022. List them all.

the courier mail have come up with a new way to get clicks without having to go to the trouble of writing another negative story about us ... keep changing the headline so people think it's a new story.

the courier mail have come up with a new way to get clicks without having to go to the trouble of writing another negative story about us ... keep changing the headline so people think it's a new story.
As long as it sells papers, digital subscriptions and gets advertisement negative stories are as good as good ones, perhaps even better for them.

If Taylor was available at base wage or close to, we’d be stupid not to sign him, it’s a risk worth taking at that low a price. Anything over 200k, nope.

Taylor hasn't really ever been the guy to light it up, I can't remember a single game where he tore the opposition to shreds. For me it was all hype, the Titans bought into it and he never delivered on it.

Staggs need to spend some time in the centres just so we can have him out there playing footy.

Gamble came on in leaps and bounds towards the end of the season, probably not something the coaching staff or even us fans were expecting. I'd be happy to have him outside Reynolds, they don't all have to be genuine superstars.

Taylor hasn't really ever been the guy to light it up, I can't remember a single game where he tore the opposition to shreds. For me it was all hype, the Titans bought into it and he never delivered on it.

his first couple of years at the Titans he was in the top 2 or 3 for try assists (possibly because they had nobody else) ... but they paid overs for him based on the inflated halves market created by the Dragons contract offer to Ben Hunt and the fact that we were circling.

Hence signing him only if he's cheap. He is a really good back up option if Reynolds gets injured.

Ash will have to take a year at least on a low contract to prove himself again. His hips are shot and they are becoming arthritic. I still think there is a good player in him if he can manage his fitness and injuries, i just cant work out where he could go. Storm on the cheap would be a good move as i think they would simplify his game again which would help him, and i think he would be a better backup option than Johns or Jacks.

He's meh, I don't think he was ever particularly great, even when he wasn't injured.

The only thing ash Taylor was good at was smashing Alex Glenn

Unless Kevvie bites down and makes Kotoni five-eighth out of the season gate, it looks like 2022 will be another year of musical halves. If Staggs remains in the centres, Gamble with be 6. No question. With Albert next in line. Neither are premiership winning halves, but they can get us into the finals.

If Staggs does play 6, then Gamble will go to the bench, and be fashioned into an impact dummy half. Where he'll be a revelation. I'll be banging on about this a lot more, getting told to shut up, and then it will happen. You heard it here first. Again.

I'll go back to my corner now.
Well I guess a positive way to look at it, is that in 2022 it won’t be musical halves it will be musical half

Hence signing him only if he's cheap. He is a really good back up option if Reynolds gets injured.
Yeah but the back end of the season has suggested that so is Kelly. I’d be taking Kelly, Gamble, Mam and Walters at 7 if Reynolds gets injured, suspended or whatever. Just a waste of time for me. We aren’t in a player project phase for mine. Give us another season to sort out the cap and hopefully make the 8 before we start wasting a position or two on cheap hail Mary’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • Lazza
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.