Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good move cutting the image off just below the shorts; bloke definitely needs to stop skipping leg day.
The Courier mail did that. Probably Badel.

You could be right there. His form would have to be exceptional to jump in front of Turpin early on I reckon which is why I think coming off the bench is his best option for NRL time next year. I think if he is consistently performing to a high standard he would oust Turpin from the team. If we had a Brandon Smith we could easily use Paix in tandem with him like the storm do.

If he was being eased in like Lockyer or Walker or needed a rest then 14 works but he’s not being eased in. He’s trying to break in, very hard to do that with 12 minutes that could be at half or dummy half or 60 minutes at centre.

It will show more to play 60 minutes for Souths at hooker influencing games. He’s done that this year. The energy level and middle defence goes out of Souths when he’s off the field. I thought it would cost them last week but Dolphins bombed two tries while Paix was off. That’s just luck though. Paix off the field will cost Souths sometime in the next three weeks.

Also working with James and Mam might prove beneficial in 12 months.

Could easily happen, he just needs football to give it a shake. Like I said nine games was enough to put pressure on him- 22 would be great.
He doesn’t even need that… he’s proven he is way more of a threat with the ball, just needs to back that up with some rock solid defence. If I’m him I’m getting Kevvie to send his front rowers right at him everyday for him to put them on there ass consistently. That’s how he will break that spot. Turps is in kevvies good books cause he consistently holds the middle together defensively. If his service is in the shit side he is willing to accept it. Showing Paix needs to have top notch defence to break the spot.

Paix is obviously dangerous from dummy half. He just needs some more coaching on his composure out of dummy half.. We really could use someone like Cam Smith helping this young lad improve in that aspect. I believe this is probably why he will be seen as a bench hooker for at least another year. I'd still really like to see him get a go at 6.. But now with our depth there, it seems highly unlikely that we will ever see it.

Paix is obviously dangerous from dummy half. He just needs some more coaching on his composure out of dummy half.. We really could use someone like Cam Smith helping this young lad improve in that aspect. I believe this is probably why he will be seen as a bench hooker for at least another year. I'd still really like to see him get a go at 6.. But now with our depth there, it seems highly unlikely that we will ever see it.

His composure and decision making have been his best asset this season. Steve Walters has been great for him.

Manu is just a quality footballer, we would be mad not to try for him. We showed improvement this year, and Arey and Capewell are good starts, but we still badly need some star power and i think Manu and Smith provide that and are both good ages with their best footy in front of them.
While I agree with you for the most part.. I think Cobbo and Staggs are going to be pretty good for us in the star power department.

We also have Mam and Piakura coming through now..

I'd like Manu and Smith but I wouldn't like to break the bank for them.

His composure and decision making have been his best asset this season. Steve Walters has been great for him.
Nah mate, he looks stupid most of the time. He could do with some meditation classes and a bit of yoga. Maybe Gamble can tag along too.

He doesn’t even need that… he’s proven he is way more of a threat with the ball, just needs to back that up with some rock solid defence. If I’m him I’m getting Kevvie to send his front rowers right at him everyday for him to put them on there ass consistently. That’s how he will break that spot. Turps is in kevvies good books cause he consistently holds the middle together defensively. If his service is in the shit side he is willing to accept it. Showing Paix needs to have top notch defence to break the spot.

His defence is better than Turpin’s I think. His first contact isn’t as hard or classical but his holding of the middle has been great for Souths.

Won't be long till Turpin gets injured and he'll get his chance.

People see Yeo, Radley and Cameron Murray and they think every team should have a player who plays like that at 13, these players are rare and if you had to put a pack together with the things you essentially needed to have I would suggest a ball playing lock would be near the bottom of that list.

You are absolutely right, Corey Parker at the time when he was playing was the best in the game in his respective position and he was a work horse 80 minute forward with an offload.

If Kevvie wants a ball playing forward I think Hetherington is the bloke he will be looking at.
I mean when the top teams all have the same type player it’s fair enough that people think they should follow.

While I agree with you for the most part.. I think Cobbo and Staggs are going to be pretty good for us in the star power department.

We also have Mam and Piakura coming through now..

I'd like Manu and Smith but I wouldn't like to break the bank for them.
Smith and Manu have far more pull than Cobbo or Staggs. Both would be worth every cent we pay for them. We can't keep banking on potential. Like I said before, Manu and Smith are both proven NRL quality at the right age that they can influence this club for years. We have been down the go with potential talent twice now and it's failed both times.

Smith and Manu have far more pull than Cobbo or Staggs. Both would be worth every cent we pay for them. We can't keep banking on potential. Like I said before, Manu and Smith are both proven NRL quality at the right age that they can influence this club for years. We have been down the go with potential talent twice now and it's failed both times.

I do think we will probably only be able to get one of those guys and if it was me, I would go after Manu to play fullback. We have Paix showing some really good signs and Mozer will be coming through under him.

They'd both be asking for the biggest deals of their careers. We'd be buying them at their peak. We may lose players like Cobbo and Staggs if we go down the route of buying talent rather than developing.

It depends how we work their salaries into the squad. I definitely wouldn't be mad at those signings... But I'd be mad if we lost Cobbo ( I actually don't care if Staggs stays or leaves )

I've been thinking more and more about the fact that Herbie should just become a top class winger like Brett Morris. His passing game has been shocking in the centres at times and I think he could just be the reliable finisher we need.

I'm not convinced on Niu at fullback since he's lost speed. I think he should be left centre.

Cobbo is so clearly going to be a star and I think we should play him at fullback like we should have just done with Walsh. Same goes for Mam, very tempting to start him at 6 next year and get our future lined up. I don't think any Broncos fan would be upset with this.. (maybe confused but not upset)

1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Tesi Niu
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Herbie Farnworth
6. Ezra Mam
7. Adam Reynolds

I've been thinking more and more about the fact that Herbie should just become a top class winger like Brett Morris. His passing game has been shocking in the centres at times and I think he could just be the reliable finisher we need.

I'm not convinced on Niu at fullback since he's lost speed. I think he should be left centre.

Cobbo is so clearly going to be a star and I think we should play him at fullback like we should have just done with Walsh. Same goes for Mam, very tempting to start him at 6 next year and get our future lined up. I don't think any Broncos fan would be upset with this.. (maybe confused but not upset)

1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Tesi Niu
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Herbie Farnworth
6. Ezra Mam
7. Adam Reynolds

Cobbo has shown less playmaking ability than Farnworth

When the playmakers (including Tesi at FB) straighten the attack and don't cramp Farnworth against both Oates and the sideline he has shown a decent ability with both a kick and pass for his support players. not to mention his strong running game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fatboy
  • Fitzy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.