Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walters for
Is it for this year or 2022? I dont see the purpose in signing someone who will spend a large part of the year doing rehab.

If there was any talk about trading walsh, that needs to be hit on the head hard.
Didnt @1910 or someone say he was back running? Or did I make that up

I don’t see it as anything other than the coach signing his son, which is something I think we could have done without.
Why did the tigers sign him then? Or is there some family secrets we don’t know about in the Walters clan?

Why did the tigers sign him then? Or is there some family secrets we don’t know about in the Walters clan?
He’s a handy player, but considering our squad, I just don’t see us signing a guy at 27 with a dozen nrl games and coming off a knee injury if his name doesn’t end in Walters.

According to Hooper Piakura is inspecting Bulldogs HQ this weekend and are going hard for him while the Titans are also in contention. We offered him 2 year $500k deal.

Piakura will travel to Sydney this weekend for another meeting with Bulldogs head coach Trent Barrett where the gun forward will tour the club’s Belmore facilities.

Piakura gone?

Haha good ol' titans always having money and then yeah, the Dogs have done a massive spending spree but also still have cash. You know the Roosters will be next with the biggest (smallest) offer of all.

If we lose this kid to anyone for more money (within reason), I'll be ticked off. I think a 2 year $500-600k offer is more than fair for a bloke yet to play first grade.

Haha good ol' titans always having money and then yeah, the Dogs have done a massive spending spree but also still have cash. You know the Roosters will be next with the biggest (smallest) offer of all.

If we lose this kid to anyone for more money (within reason), I'll be ticked off. I think a 2 year $500-600k offer is more than fair for a bloke yet to play first grade.
Yeah, surely him and dearden are top priorities. Especially piakura after loosing Fifita, there should be no reason for him to leave other than not wanting to be a bronco.

If the NRL approve the Roosters $350k for Cordner it has to be used on a like for like player. $350k would go a long way to get you Brendan. He runs great lines like Cordner but is a much more brutal defender.

Has a great relationship with Sam too- they combined really well for Queensland Under 18 for Pereira's try.

Broncos have to keep him, hopefully Tweed mates Walsh and Dearden are enough.

Last edited:
If the NRL approve the Roosters $350k for Cordner it has to be used on a like for like player. $350k would go a long way to get you Brendan. He runs great lines like Cordner but is a much more brutal defender.

Has a great relationship with Sam too- they combined really well for Queensland Under 18 for Pereira's try.

Roosters want him, and the Broncos have him. ****, we know how this goes.

May as well start packing. V'Landy's will probably send the NRL company limo to drive him down to Bondi.

Last edited:
-$500k rookie deal
-doesn’t have to leave family and friends
-His preferred position up for grabs come 2022 with Glenn’s future very much up in the air

We can’t stuff thi......shit

-$500k rookie deal
-doesn’t have to leave family and friends
-His preferred position up for grabs come 2022 with Glenn’s future very much up in the air

We can’t stuff thi......shit
Our only hope given he's still probably asleep somewhere in the building is we all stay very quiet so as not to wake Paul White and let him get anywhere near this and hopefully Donaghy can get it sorted before White wakes up for lunch.

Last edited:

Wouldn’t that require the broncos releasing him this year?

Surely not, they cant **** this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Thelmus
  • Brotherdu
  • Ondi
  • Lostboy
  • Big Del
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.