Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Just keep delivering the big signings.

people apparently don't want the big signings ... just have a look at the Latrell thread to realise that

T

Twbapony

QCup Player
Oct 8, 2019
people apparently don't want the big signings ... just have a look at the Latrell thread to realise that
That's not a big signing, that's going back to your ex because the problems are known and expectations are low. We only want classy players from here on.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 13, 2017
Billy is handy, but I’m not sure he’s what we need. More so, nepotism has me more than a little concerned.
Be worth it just to watch the hamsters fight between gordons ears.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Billy is handy, but I’m not sure he’s what we need. More so, nepotism has me more than a little concerned.
Yes, nepotism is the first thought. Thinking it through though it would be extremely likely that the club sees great value in such a move. I suspect the thinking would be, an inexpensive purchase, extra coverage in his position and likely little controversy if any at all.

It's not like it's Tommy Redonkyalous signing his son to Wests many years ago. At least Billy is close to nrl standard!

I'm certain this heavily criticized Bronco management has very carefully weighed the value of such a move and can see very little downside aside from the inevitable discussion about nepotism. I like it .

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
If nothing else, he gives us extra coverage at hooker if we offload Macca to the Dragons.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
I see many pros in Billy joining:

-he would probably come cheap,
-Kevie probably thinks he could get the best out of him
-he does cover numerous positions and has a good attitude
-keeps Kevie that little more content too. I know it’s his dream job but it hasn’t been easy start so far although I think he’s doing a great job

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Nothing wrong with Nepotism. Rugby league is almost more a game of passion than it is skill and who better to fight for than your dad's career. He's a cheap buy, and the little I've seen of him, I really like. He seems like a player with a great attitude that has a competitive mongrel about him.

Bring him on board. I'm totally for the signing.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
My issue with the signing is that he doesn't fit the balance of the squad. The Broncos already have Brodie Croft, Cory Paix and Tyson Gamble as depth options in the squad, what is Billy going to provide coming off a serious knee injury that these other players aren't?

I hate to say it, but I'm struggling to get excited for this new era at the current rate.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Good enough signing. As long as it is a small contract and means Luke and Macca are gone and Gamble’s days are numbered.

No more big signings were going to happen this year and we have about 15 players off contract. He’ll be a decent depth option when the likes of Gamble Teo Mead Glenn Macca Luke are all gone.

Should be good for team culture. Kev needs to get as many players that will buy in as he can. So we have a strong enough culture to handle guys like Latrell or Staggs.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Didn't 1910 mention that Billy would play 9 if he was coming here , which i guess means Macca is gone.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I don’t see the downside here (depending on signing details). If he is minimum wage and we aren’t giving up anything other than say a Gamble or Kennar, what isn’t to like?

He’d be minimum wage, has shown he is a probably a better depth option than what we currently have in that he actually looks like a solid though totally unspectacular fallback option. The squad needs these kind of guys desperately. Hopefully the big signings will come but this isn’t going to impede that.

Of course if we give up a Walsh or Paix and he is signed on 200k+ than yeah, I’ll join the criticism but I highly doubt this is the case here.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
My issue with the signing is that he doesn't fit the balance of the squad. The Broncos already have Brodie Croft, Cory Paix and Tyson Gamble as depth options in the squad, what is Billy going to provide coming off a serious knee injury that these other players aren't?

I hate to say it, but I'm struggling to get excited for this new era at the current rate.
You might want to wait until we actually have cap room before judging your excitement levels. In terms of what he would bring he is at least better than Gamble.

S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018
Good signing on his own merit, remember it’s not just Kevvie’s call on who we sign. Billy has good character and is a great defender. Probably means Macca’s gone which I think is a net positive as Billy is probably just as serviceable at hooker for a lower price

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
I'm alright so long as we don't extend the family connections further and sign Bryce Cartwright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Porthoz
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.