Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I can’t comment on this one, we’re playing cards closer to our chests this season.”

I love ya Kevvie!!!!! But what does this mean for Morri...I mean the mole at the club?

Also, I'm not a massive fan of the guy but there is no doubting he is a genuine gun player and we haven't had one of them sign on for a long time. Imagine if he leaves Souths though, letting go of Allan and Suaalii as well!

**** no... Can play football but no thanks. And he’s another blue! I thought Kevvie was all about getting more Queenslanders back into the fold. I’d be less upset if fucking Boyd came back and went around again!!! **** no

The fact he and his manager are holding South’s to ransom after they went out on a limb and paid his asking price when he left Rorters sounds massive alarm bells to me. Do you think for one minute he’d not do the same to us after signing a two year deal?

His mercenary attitude is right there for all to see. Purely dollar driven and no thought of success, club loyalty or the fans who pay his wages. He’s just a more accomplished Staggs. I’m not keen to see him here playing us all for fools. I’d rather we struggled another year or two and developed a real true blue Bronco.

so thoughts on the Latrell Mitchell to Broncos rumour?

he has reportedly turned down Souths 3 year; $2.4 million deal. his manager saying they only want 1 or 2 years deals

more from Mitchell's manager:

“If we can’t do a deal with Souths, there is genuine interest in the Broncos,” Mitchell’s representative said.

“They are one of the biggest brands in the game and Latrell almost joined them as a teenager.

“Souths are a great club but there’s no doubt the Broncos are a massive brand.

“When they aren’t on top of the NRL, they are a sleeping giant and it is only a matter of time before they bounce back again. The Broncos are arguably the biggest brand in Australian sport.

“We’ve had expressions of interest from just about every club in the game. Now we will see where things land.”

Kevvie won't comment:

“Our recruitment-and-retention committee has made a decision not to speak about any potential signings,” Walters said.

“I can’t comment on this one, we’re playing cards closer to our chests this season.”

Wayne Bennett:

“Latrell is happy at Souths and we are really happy with him, so we’re hoping he will stay,” he said.

“We’re still negotiating but I hope he stays, Latrell is great to have around the club.
Looks to be using us to bump up his Souths deal... very unlikely he would want to join the broncos and doesn't seem the kind of player the broncos would want to build around.

He's a promising player, but has only produced 4 months of decent footy at fullback (was rubbish to start the year and then got injured) and now he wants a big pay day.

Broncos are after a player of his talent and within the spine, but I think we also need a player that they can build a club around and build a culture around.

The big targets I could see broncos being after is a Munster/Ponga/Harry Grant/DCE type of player in the spine.. superstar talent with relatively low baggage outside of footy and sets a good standard. Being a Queenslander would also help

I just think Latrell is too much risk

He's the TPJ of backs. When he's switched on...well, good luck trying to stop him. When he's not switched on, which like TPJ seems pretty common, he's definitely not superstar level.

The fact he and his manager are holding South’s to ransom after they went out on a limb and paid his asking price when he left Rorters sounds massive alarm bells to me. Do you think for one minute he’d not do the same to us after signing a two year deal?

His mercenary attitude is right there for all to see. Purely dollar driven and no thought of success, club loyalty or the fans who pay his wages. He’s just a more accomplished Staggs. I’m not keen to see him here playing us all for fools. I’d rather we struggled another year or two and developed a real true blue Bronco.
Id have to read it again but isnt the issue he doesnt want the three year deal only two?

I'd take him. I reckon Latrell is a good bloke and gets vilified by the same media we all hate. His interviews with Denan Kemp are all class.

I'd take him. I reckon Latrell is a good bloke and gets vilified by the same media we all hate. His interviews with Denan Kemp are all class.

Nah he’s a sook. Get inside his head like Jimmy did and he’s done. He’s a good player, but will be a flash in the pan overall when his career is finished, which he wants it to be inside the next 5 years or so I think

Latrell will just be another overpriced, lazy, injury prone player that blows up in weight whenever he gets a few weeks holiday. It’s probably Mundine telling him to play for Broncos. He wants the stature that comes with being a Bronco, he doesn’t want to play for NRL for the Broncos exactly.

Not sure I’d want him. There are always other options. He probably wants 1 mil a season too.

It wont happen, and shouldnt happen.

He tried to hold Roosters to ransom and carried on like a pork chop on and off the field. Now they are holding souffs to ransom. His manager is burning bridges very very quickly for Latrell. Not much IQ in that camp.

No, if he wasn’t such a dickhead/fake jersey grabbing tough guy, who doesn’t apply himself 100% then maybe. But he’s all of the above.

Love Badel’s article about Latrell, apparently we have gone from a tight salary cap situation to now having a $5M war chest for 2022

we've always had a big war chest for 2022 .... you just need to look at it logically to realise this.

we get Bird's full salary; Macca likely gone and if we retain Milf, it will likely be on a smaller contract. that alone would give us $2 million to spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.