Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Dearden is more natural at 6. So hypothetically if I were to sign Reynolds (7) he would partner Dearden (6)

We’d finally have a kicking game. It’s been so long
giphy.gif

Adam Reynolds disgruntled after Rabbits apparently only table a 1 year extension.

As is tradition anytime a big name comes up I will ask, should we be interested?
No thanks.

Adam Reynolds disgruntled after Rabbits apparently only table a 1 year extension.

As is tradition anytime a big name comes up I will ask, should we be interested?

Nah, the Rabbits have the right idea. Reynolds looks like the kind of player that is ready to plateau

Just a question but has manu played much fullback.

Not sure really tbh mate. He played a bit for the rorters last year and looked pretty good, apart from that i have no idea. Probably get a bit of stick for this one, but he reminds me of one of those players like a Jack Bird ( before his bones turned into sticks ) or Cameron Munster. Not in his style of play as such, just in that he is just a pure footy player who can be quality in a number of positions.

Last edited:
Not sure really tbh mate. He played a bit for the rorters last year and looked pretty good, apart from that i have no idea. Probably get a bit of stick for this one, but he reminds me of one of those players like a Jack Bird ( before his bones turned into sticks ) or Cameron Munster. Not in his style of play as such, just in that he is just a pure footy player who can be quality in a number of positions.
Yeah good player , especially for $500k but wasn't sure about his fullback credentials.
I guess we can give him the money and see , if not back to the centers it is .

Just a question but has manu played much fullback.
Has played several games for the Roosters, and been man of the match a few times doing so. Has played extremely well each time he has been in the #1

Absolutely fucking not. He can't even pass left to right, and only has a kicking game. If you take out his kicking game he isn't first grade standard.

If Manu hits the market he’ll be fielding offers a lot higher than 500k! He’d be on everyone’s radar right now... The guys a star, and will either be upgraded accordingly at Easts or will snapped up quickly by the highest bidder. Just goes to show how fucked the media is concerning all things Broncos. If he was playing for Brisbane the media would have 10 other clubs circling, all offers over a million a season. ****, if the players were smarter they’d be lining up to get into the Brisbane system. They instantly double in value!!

I actually think Dearden is more natural at 6. So hypothetically if I were to sign Reynolds (7) he would partner Dearden (6)
Injury prone, already peaked and is likely to only offer diminishing returns from this point on in his career.

Souths have made the right call here. This is what happens when you don't have contracts being signed off on by Paul White.

They might go alright for one season but then your club is ruined for the next 20.
Every one of them is already on significant overs for what they produce except Reynolds, who as I said is likely to start looking like poorer value now he's on the wrong side of 30 and already breaks down very regularly.

So, are there any actual solid rumours for any new signings? Cam Smith seems to be getting a lot of news, but seems unlikely. Is that it, are we locked in for the season do you think?

So, are there any actual solid rumours for any new signings? Cam Smith seems to be getting a lot of news, but seems unlikely. Is that it, are we locked in for the season do you think?
Sadly I think we were unable to rid ourselves of the previous regime with enough time up our sleeves for the incoming guys to have much of an impact on this season.

Honestly, If Donaghy can pull of Cam Smith and Bellamy in basically his first month, after Paul White spent the best part of a decade fucking both of those up, he deserves his own statue out the front of the Clubhouse.

Last edited:
There is no one decent left to spend money on. It would be a wiser move by early season to front end contracts where legally possible for the contracts that end on Nov 1. We have a substantial war chest for next season. The money remaining is better off used to clean out and cover the cost of a player transfer if we want to move someone off the books too.

I just had a quick look at the Rabbits ins for 2021 - Arrow, Mansour and Benji, basically for the loss of Allan. Wowsers. Bennett may no longer be the coach he once was but nothing is lacking in the man management and pulling power department. Their team is going to be one of the favourites this season.

I just had a quick look at the Rabbits ins for 2021 - Arrow, Mansour and Benji, basically for the loss of Allan. Wowsers. Bennett may no longer be the coach he once was but nothing is lacking in the man management and pulling power department. Their team is going to be one of the favourites this season.
A few more than that: James Roberts, Tom Amone, Kurt Dillon, Bryson Goodwin, Jack Johns, Ethan Lowe, Ky Rodwell, Bayley Sironen.

A few more than that: James Roberts, Tom Amone, Kurt Dillon, Bryson Goodwin, Jack Johns, Ethan Lowe, Ky Rodwell, Bayley Sironen.
Your point is correct but none of those names really offset his original point - trading all those guys plus Allan for the guys they got in is outstanding business in anyone's books.

They also bought in Moga, Taane Milne and Jacob Host who all offer pretty solid upside potential too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Manifesto
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behold
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.