Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Gould is reported to be looking at Reece Walsh for the Warriors next season. Nothing in it.

HScreenshot 2021 03 03 Broncos beware Gus pinpoints his chosen one

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
I know not directed at me but bring back Bennett to replace Griffin, the community programs like Beyond the Broncos and the success of the women's team (whether he was instrumental in that or not, same rules apply in buck stopping with the CEO)

Other than that he was a monumental failure. Broncos are setup to make a profit through the NRL grant, a huge supporter base with the best league stadium in the world and a wealth of sponsorship opportunities due to our historical position as the best known and media covered brand in the NRL. Any executive worth their salt could turn a profit at the Broncos in the pre COVID years. He diminished many of the financial benefits that we had for so many years with last years on field results.

Can bet the KIA commercial team feel they have overpaid for their sponsorship and will be a much tougher negotiation on renewal thanks to Mr White.
The Broncos have a seperate CEO for the NRLW team. I think she’s just left us as well. The fact that this part of the club has been doing so incredibly well should have been the dead giveaway that Paul White was not put in charge of it.

Makes you wonder if we should have punted White for her given the success she obviously enjoyed with our NRLW team.

Last edited:
Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
I think it goes back even further than that, I would say 5 years. The club sucks at succession planning and has since about 2000. It has got progressively worse each year since then.
I agree with this. Even 2006 we got lucky with hunt getting injured and Hodges going beast mode at fullback.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Bradman Best has re-signed with the Knights to no fanfare of other clubs wanting him and two years before his contract finished. He’s a better all round centre with upside than Staggs yet he signed on early and because according to him, he loves the club. Do you think anyone at our club might see a lesson in this?
Our players are too busy loving themselves to love the club too.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well its the Warriors, they don't sign anyone important that they want, so we can relax.

Reactions: Gaz

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
He was already well-established before joining the Storm. He was one of the big reasons the Lions turned around 20 years of mediocrity. He’s a good ‘un and remember, the Storm wouldn’t be fighting this hard if he wasn’t the goods.

Also, I love the conversation in the last few posts, the Broncos have been rotten from the head down, clean the lot out. Keep only those who are absolutely nailing their job...which wouldn’t be many of them.

What can the media communications guy do to turn a club around?

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
What can the media communications guy do to turn a club around?
Individually, nothing, but surely someone who spends a lot of time around football clubs would know that it's the sum total of every person in the club and business side of things pulling their weight and killing it at their job that can turn a football club around.

That whole "What can I personally do to fix it, I'm just a..." actually sounds like a big part of why we are where we are to be honest.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Individually, nothing, but surely someone who spends a lot of time around football clubs would know that it's the sum total of every person in the club and business side of things pulling their weight and killing it at their job that can turn a football club around.

That whole "What can I personally do to fix it, I'm just a..." actually sounds like a big part of why we are where we are to be honest.

I was just interested, normally the media man gets 2/3 of nothing when it comes to credit even for media stuff.

I’m willing to bet 95% of fans couldn’t even name their club’s media man- hell Broncos made Trad redundant first!

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
We need a right edge backrower and we need to find some players besides Haas who lock down their position for good. How many times have we chopped and changed our front row / lock rotation?

Yes, they’re all middle forwards nowadays, blah, blah, blah, but the fact is, we keep shuffling the decks, trying to find the right spot for TPJ, Lodge, Carrigan, now Asiata and our depth players. Have any of these blokes Haas aside, played more than 6 games in a row in the same position?

That is not the sign of a dominant pack... Did we ever wonder where Webcke or Petero’s best spot was?

We have an un-settled pack, terrible spine, poor outside backs and no fullback to speak of... What we have is a bunch of athletically talented individuals, who have been crammed into the squad and Pies and now Kev are expected to make it all work. What we don’t have is a team, nor even a real leader they could rally behind and so far become a team...

That situation hasn’t changed in 3 seasons now and is one of the major reasons why we remain a basket-case of a team.
We do need to get better quality work from our forwards indeed! It's not anything new from me here but there's no way in hell Haas starts if I'm coach. He comes on after 20 and maybe plays out the match depending on quality of output.

We always had two very basic props , guys who just did the primary job and we subbed them after they'd taken the sting. Haas wasn't playing that way and like many others was standing still or off two steps when making a hitup. Webby and Civo ran hard. Blokes on here should look at some old footage and see how a great (team wise, not neccesarily rep games etc) prop played. A bloke like Nutley for Cronulla, he always took the hardest fiercest run, straight into them and fucking hard, quickly bouncing to his feet and getting a quick ptb for the much more famous Jason Stevens, a guy who got the accolades but would have been half the player without Nuts.

That's what we need, a couple of non stop hard yards men. Haas etc can be the stars off the back of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.