Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lodge needs to bring his triple A game over the coming weeks and drive this both physically and mentally forward if he wants to be seen as a successful front-rower. TPJ has been holding the fort for both him and Haas - they both owe him and us a huge payback.
Was just a terrible decision to sign him on that money to start with. The sooner we sack Peter Nolan the better

Was just a terrible decision to sign him on that money to start with. The sooner we sack Peter Nolan the better
Is it right that the biggest club in the league has an ex-bartender as their recruitment manager? My brother-in-law mentioned this but I thought -nah that can't be right. Is it?

Is it right that the biggest club in the league has an ex-bartender as their recruitment manager? My brother-in-law mentioned this but I thought -nah that can't be right. Is it?
What's wrong with that?

So once someone has been a bartender they couldn't possibly do anything to become qualified for a different job?
As an ex-bartender myself this is very troubling news for my current job and qualifications.

So once someone has been a bartender they couldn't possibly do anything to become qualified for a different job?

Nolan sucks but it's not because he may or may not have been a bartender.
I have nothing against bartenders mate. I'm saying the biggest club in the league should be able to find somebody a bit more qualified to do such an important role. They way kids like Sam Walker were handled is pretty amateurish to say the least.

Nothing stopping a 'glassy' becoming a brain surgeon either, it's just that you don't hear of it too often.

After this year, potentially even now, lodge is the contract that ***** us the most... $700k on him is a joke. He has never been the best front rower in the comp yet he is probably the highest paid. Makes no sense. Not to mention the new game doesn’t suit him and he’s always injured now...
And Flegler at 600K

A good bartender knows when to call last drinks.

I have nothing against bartenders mate. I'm saying the biggest club in the league should be able to find somebody a bit more qualified to do such an important role. They way kids like Sam Walker were handled is pretty amateurish to say the least.

Nothing stopping a 'glassy' becoming a brain surgeon either, it's just that you don't hear of it too often.

Cyril and Bunn were teachers. You can’t do a degree in list management.

I keep saying the Broncos’ coach get what they want.

Nolan helps manage the list and the EPD but he isn’t over ruling a coach.

As an ex-bartender myself this is very troubling news for my current job and qualifications.
Same here. I'm wondering how I'm going to tell my boss that I'm a fraud on Monday.

Cyril and Bunn were teachers. You can’t do a degree in list management.

I keep saying the Broncos’ coach get what they want.

Nolan helps manage the list and the EPD but he isn’t over ruling a coach.
So was it the coaches that asked Sam Walker to just jump an uber?

Oh ffs. Titans after Darryl Clark now instead of Brandon Smith. We should be all over that signing.

Who is this Clark @Wolfie ?

English hooker. Plays for Warrington and wants to play in the NRL. I dont personally think there is a lot between him and Josh Hodgson. He's a very good ball runner, pretty quick and strong. He's just a smart, sharp footy player with good defence. At 28 he is in his prime right now.

English hooker. Plays for Warrington and wants to play in the NRL. I dont personally think there is a lot between him and Josh Hodgson. He's a very good ball runner, pretty quick and strong. He's just a smart, sharp footy player with good defence. At 28 he is in his prime right now.
How much do you reckon he's worth then?

How much do you reckon he's worth then?
Hard to say really. If he was performing to the level he does in Superleague in the NRL, then i reckon you would probably be talking about a hooker worth about $800k a year, maybe more. Being a bit unproven in the NRL, i'd say he would have to maybe look at signing for $400/500k and if he does as well as i think he would, then upgrade his contract after his first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • marw
  • mieko
  • Lurker
  • Lozza
  • Shane Tronc
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.