Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
English hooker. Plays for Warrington and wants to play in the NRL. I dont personally think there is a lot between him and Josh Hodgson. He's a very good ball runner, pretty quick and strong. He's just a smart, sharp footy player with good defence. At 28 he is in his prime right now.
Says he's signed till 23 , wouldn't that mean a transfer fee.

Hard to say really. If he was performing to the level he does in Superleague in the NRL, then i reckon you would probably be talking about a hooker worth about $800k a year, maybe more. Being a bit unproven in the NRL, i'd say he would have to maybe look at signing for $400/500k and if he does as well as i think he would, then upgrade his contract after his first year.
Jeez he sounds like a worthwhile each-way bet then. It would be nice to snatch him away from the Tits. if they are after him.

After this year, potentially even now, lodge is the contract that ***** us the most... $700k on him is a joke. He has never been the best front rower in the comp yet he is probably the highest paid. Makes no sense. Not to mention the new game doesn’t suit him and he’s always injured now...

More revisionist history. At the time when he re-signed, he was one of the best props in the game and was a serious contender for Origin. In a NSW team that was stacked for talent, as opposed to Qld who were starting to scrape their depth.

He had more than earned his payday. He repayed the faith the club put in him by accepting a bargain contract with tight clauses, and he did everything required of him and more, putting his head down and working his arse off to keep his career alive.

Flegler, I can agree with. He's proven nothing and is struggling to be in the 17 when we are at full strength.

Says he's signed till 23 , wouldn't that mean a transfer fee.

Depends on Warrington really. Seeing as he has been a good servant, they may just release him. Cant see any of our blokes wanting to go there if we offer a player.

So does this mean B.Smith to the Dogs is basically a done deal?

I'll do an @upthebroncs and put up a video of him so people can see the sort of player he is. Obviously, the defence in superleague isnt as good as in the NRL, but it should give people an idea of his style.

Levi has been impressive thus far in this Q Cup game, albeit only 8 minutes.

Levi has been impressive thus far in this Q Cup game, albeit only 8 minutes.

Poor old Reddy have been decimated with players pulling out.

I'll do an @upthebroncs and put up a video of him so people can see the sort of player he is. Obviously, the defence in superleague isnt as good as in the NRL, but it should give people an idea of his style.

Very much a run first mentality by the looks, has he a kicking game?

I have nothing against bartenders mate. I'm saying the biggest club in the league should be able to find somebody a bit more qualified to do such an important role. They way kids like Sam Walker were handled is pretty amateurish to say the least.

Nothing stopping a 'glassy' becoming a brain surgeon either, it's just that you don't hear of it too often.
Even brain surgeons need a part time job during uni.

Said he is staying at Melbourne now for next year i think.

His tracking back in cover defence screams a will to win. But, yeh the superleague defensive efforts do make him look really good. Would like to see him play and see what he's like bringing his forwards on to the ball.

Very much a run first mentality by the looks, has he a kicking game?

His running game and his service from dummy half is his strength. Thats not saying he is a poor kicker because he isnt, but i guess with these highlight videos you dont get to see that side of his game because in a highlight reel its his running that catches the eye.

For sure. I' did it myself. As i said it's not the job I'm having a go at it's the club. I think they'd be able to find someone who was already scouting talent for a number of years and proved their worth.

This had me thinking about my career jobs and I realised I've never held a part time job. Unless of course drug dealer counts🤔🤣

For sure. I' did it myself. As i said it's not the job I'm having a go at it's the club. I think they'd be able to find someone who was already scouting talent for a number of years and proved their worth.
He has- he’s been doing it at the Broncos for 20 years. Plus a short stint at the Eels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • Waynesaurus
  • whykickamoocow
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.