Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but he’d also rather his free broncos burger after a game on the weekend instead of playing footy and getting a new contract... the man doesn’t know what’s good for himself

He's more than likely set for life, has a young family.

I've suggested it before, it's likely not that he doesn't care, he's burned out.

We say that jokingly... but that is exactly what he needs... him in super league would dominate... his boot would be lethal against there lesser quality players and as a result he could gain great confidence from it
Correct. Classic flat track bully and nothing more.

He's more than likely set for life, has a young family.

I've suggested it before, it's likely not that he doesn't care, he's burned out.
I reckon this is spot on.
Pretty sure the near miss of the last grand final, then Hunt leaving and him having a whole world of responsibility on his shoulders, as well as the expectations of living up to his contracts value. Not to mention being the top dog in a changing of the guard so to speak.
Its basically broken him.
Compound all that with the first ever spoon, a merry go round of coaches, and insatiable press scrutinizing every game, this is the perfect mix for a burnout and at worse, a career killer.

Correct. Classic flat track bully and nothing more.
He's not even a flat track bully... I'd be happy with a flat track bully.

He would fucking destroy super league though... maybe he's a reserve grade bully

Looking at him in the dressing room after the game, I felt really sorry for him, as far as our club is concerned he is done, it actually looks as though it is doing serious damage to him psychologically.

He's not even a flat track bully... I'd be happy with a flat track bully.

He would fucking destroy super league though... maybe he's a reserve grade bully
Sadly, I’m growing ever more convinced by the day that if we ever did actually demote him to Queensland Cup we’d actually get a rude wake up call when he failed to have much of an impact there either.

Working at the 7/11 maybe
Working?

We’re virtually the only club that turns a sizeable profit and we have 6 comps (in the modern era, not meme premierships like the rorters and south’s claim from 100 years ago) in the bank. We’re shit currently, but all sporting sides go through such periods.
Look at man united

Why does he want out at Souths? Surely this is benji’s last year too? Who have they got their eye on?
Souffs cap is screwed. They are stacked to the max until 24. They peak on dollars next years and have a heap signed until 23.

Looking at him in the dressing room after the game, I felt really sorry for him, as far as our club is concerned he is done, it actually looks as though it is doing serious damage to him psychologically.

I actually think its in both Milford interests and the clubs interests to part company and go their separate ways. It would have to be a real form reversal for me to change my mind. It would be doubtful if the club got Wowed by Milford in the last year of his contract with a form spurt.

From memory Dave Taylor had a blinder of a game before departing from the Titans. The Titans knew it was too little and too late.

If there were any interest for milford it would have come up by now i think it is england or bust.

Milford with an organising half like Adam Reynolds would be world class. The broncos have failed him. Yes he is a million dollar player but he never should of been. We failed him just as much as he failed us.

I reckon this is spot on.
Pretty sure the near miss of the last grand final, then Hunt leaving and him having a whole world of responsibility on his shoulders, as well as the expectations of living up to his contracts value. Not to mention being the top dog in a changing of the guard so to speak.
Its basically broken him.
Compound all that with the first ever spoon, a merry go round of coaches, and insatiable press scrutinizing every game, this is the perfect mix for a burnout and at worse, a career killer.
I always thought when Storm wanted him he should’ve gone. If I was Milford I would of signed with storm. If he had went we would be calling Milford one of the greats. Instead he stays in Brisbane with a front office that has no clue coaches that wanted him to be a game manager and players that didn’t give a ****.

I think we have to gamble on somebody like Widdop, but we need to try and get him here for this year with the option there for him to earn a contract for next year.
And Widdop will just end up playing halfback rather than replacing he who cannot be replaced.

Souffs cap is screwed. They are stacked to the max until 24. They peak on dollars next years and have a heap signed until 23.
Sounds like coach went all in on trying to buy a premiership in the short-term again. Is this in your opinion a club that’s going to be in a bit of a mess when he leaves at the end of this season?

I always thought when Storm wanted him he should’ve gone. If I was Milford I would of signed with storm. If he had went we would be calling Milford one of the greats. Instead he stays in Brisbane with a front office that has no clue coaches that wanted him to be a game manager and players that didn’t give a ****.

You must be the only person to refer to Bennett as a "no clue coach"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Socnorb
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Matheos
  • Waynesaurus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Mister Wright
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.