Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Speak for yourself. I know what it means, you know what it means. It’s in the dictionary. When arguments descend into a spelling/grammar position is it really an argument anymore?

I couldn't care less to be honest, I make more than my fair share of mistakes but the original post was having a go at Wolfie for spelling and grammar, so if you are going to do that, you are opening yourself up to copping it.

Galah

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2019
I couldn't care less to be honest, I make more than my fair share of mistakes but the original post was having a go at Wolfie for spelling and grammar, so if you are going to do that, you are opening yourself up to copping it.
It’s why I never bring it into any conversation 😂

Unbreakable

International Rep
Forum Staff
May 21, 2013
Buzz Slothfield reporting that even though Staggs has told his teammates he's staying in Brisbane, that's not actually the case, and he's likely going to sign with the Titans who apparently still have $1m in the salary cap for next year. 🤣

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Buzz Slothfield reporting that even though Staggs has told his teammates he's staying in Brisbane, that's not actually the case, and he's likely going to sign with the Titans who apparently still have $1m in the salary cap for next year. 🤣

I honestly don’t care either way. His money could be spent elsewhere but it would pretty good to keep him. I’d rather give $700k to Reynolds to partner Dearden personally.

BooKhaki

QCup Player
Sep 16, 2020
I am superior to you kid, no question about it.

I dont believe you do understood how a salary cap works ( maybe you are a current Bronco's board member 🤔 ) because it you did you would clearly see we need to invest in cheaper, good value signings to get our cap back in balance, so yes, i'd say blokes like him on the kind of money i mentioned are a priority. We have a squad full of overpaid underachievers. He's the kind of bloke who earns his contract and doesnt get it handed to him on a plate.

You say you dont care he sacrificed a year of his career to play for the Broncos, yet thats exactly the kind of team player we should be looking for. Nice to see you appreciate players who put themselves out for the club and the fans isn't it. You must be a quality supporter of this footy club 👏

Oh and feel free to point out all my spelling mistakes and bad grammar. Never too old to learn!
Again, where did I say I was against it on a minimum wage? I clearly said that he is a decent addition as a min wage player. I don't consider squad filler players a priority, when our top 17 has so many problems. The fact you are so upset about someone not considering him a priority shows my original post was spot on. Nobody cares you know him personally.

I also don't care about what a player did at the club, when he has since been to 2 different clubs. I'd have the same opinion on Moose and Norman, anything they did at the club previously doesn't mean shit when discussing a new deal.
Great grammar like 'gonna'?
Gonna is a word, and also an extremely common abbreviation. And I didn't claim to have the best grammar or spelling, I simply said he should look at it when calling someone a kid and trying to act superior. Doesn't have the same impact when you misspell simple words. I guess mine is doing pretty well if all you got me on was 'gonna'

BooKhaki

QCup Player
Sep 16, 2020
Staggs isn't worth anything above 700k, and that is the absolute max we should go. He is an amazing attacking centre, but his defence needs a lot of work.

nopatience101

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Rothfield is close with frizelle. The whole thing is sounding more & more like the Fifita saga, out injured, stringing the club along with the titans paying overs to sign him - LET THEM!

If we lose him it’s a blessing in disguise imo. He will be a disaster at 5/8, particularly if it’s with Dearden at 7. If losing him means we invest in an actual experienced half we will be far better off.

I have maintained from the beginning that if you look at our roster it’s very hard to make a case for Staggs being a priority re-signing. He is not a 6 and we have cover at centre, we don’t need him at the expense of an genuine playmaker.

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Of course don’t want him to go, especially to the Gold Coast Broncos but same time we all agree he isn’t worth more than what we have supposedly offered him.

If he goes well than give his money to Gagai and let him and Coates carry on their origin combo at club level

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
May 5, 2016
Anyway...time to put a deadline on Staggs. If he has his heart set on being a 5/8th, then he would surely see the benefit of playing that role in ISC for the rest of the year upon his return.

He would unless he was an ego freak. Which I think he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PineappleHead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.