Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing it out there, Milford at hooker......I know his defence is sometimes average, but sort this out and he has the passing and kicking skills as well as short speed bursts.

Throwing it out there, Milford at hooker......I know his defence is sometimes average, but sort this out and he has the passing and kicking skills as well as short speed bursts.
He’d be gassed in less than 5mins defending in the middle. That and his first contact is normally pretty average.

I don’t doubt he could probably provide spark in attack, but it would be a bloodbath in defence. I know it’s hard to believe, but this could make us look even more brittle through the middle.

**** we'd lose by 80 if milf played at hooker.

Well let’s be honest here. He had no clue after that 2015 grand final. All his experiments failed that’s why we got rid of him.
The NRL ladder for the past couple of seasons shows his experiments are still going way better than most

Dearden would be stupid to throw his career away with a sinking Cowboys rather than be mentored by a veteran like Reynolds.
Depends how he looks at it.
Currently the cows are rumoured to be offering him:
A. 1M+ over 3 yrs
B. Guaranteed starting 7
C. Mentoring by Thurston
We are currently offering him
A. No offer on the table yet.
B. No guarantee in the 17 let alone starting spot.
C. No mentoring by Reynolds as we haven’t signed him so far.
If we don’t do something soon I think I know what he will do.

**** we'd lose by 80 if milf played at hooker.
Asiata at 6, Milf at 14.

Milf comes on to relieve Turpin and defend at 6 with John defending in the middle.

I’m not saying it’s what I’d do, but it’s what I’d do if I had to fit Milf in at hooker.

Asiata at 6, Milf at 14.

Milf comes on to relieve Turpin and defend at 6 with John defending in the middle.

I’m not saying it’s what I’d do, but it’s what I’d do if I had to fit Milf in at hooker.
What's with everyones fascination with playing Asiata at 6? He's a forward that can do a bit of ballplaying, how does that make him a candidate for 5/8?

Desperation.
Sure, but if we're looking at other options, why not players that are actually halves? Gamble or Paix? Otherwise TPJ showed a bit of ball playing the other night, let's jam him in 6.

What's with everyones fascination with playing Asiata at 6? He's a forward that can do a bit of ballplaying, how does that make him a candidate for 5/8?
Cos he can defend, create, kick and isn’t been picked in his position. Ude have to agree he needs to be in the team and there are other players that can play 8. If you want to be really creative put him at 6 for the first 20 then play 8 when TPJ needs a haircut.

Cos he can defend, create, kick and isn’t been picked in his position. Ude have to agree he needs to be in the team and there are other players that can play 8. If you want to be really creative put him at 6 for the first 20 then play 8 when TPJ needs a haircut.
I'd like to see Asiata in the side but not at 6.

If i was coach, this would solve a lot of problems and an actual quality lineup. Ability to play plenty of quality football:

Asiata to lock, Herbie fullback, Staggs centre, Isaako/Coates wing, Staggs/Khunt centre, Croft/Dearden halves. Oates Bench (backs/forwards spare).

I don’t have a fascination with Asiata at 6. I said it’s how I would fit Milf in at hooker if I had to.

Though he would fix our defence and not be a big downgrade in attack from Croft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • blacknwhite
  • Johnny92
  • Ozired
  • thenry
  • Organix
  • TimWhatley
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • mrslong
  • mitch222
  • Astro
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.