Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move Glenn on and get capewell. Then Teach our halves how to run some plays with the backrowers for once

We need to send flegler to Cows. Even if we pay 200 of the freight.

For 2.0m we can tie up some serious names in the next 6 months.
Yeh agreed. If he's really on 600k, I'd happily pay 200k to get rid of him and have 400k to throw at another player. Heck I don't think he's much better than Kennedy who we could probably keep for 200k.

I worry trying to move on some of these blokes like Flegler that with some decent coaching they will actually turn out to be good players. I do sometimes think its the development at Brisbane thats the issue more than the player.

I'm not at all concerned about signings yet. Let's wait for DD to get on board. I'd be far more concerned if we were making big signings without him being on board to fully vet every signature and amount.

I worry trying to move on some of these blokes like Flegler that with some decent coaching they will actually turn out to be good players. I do sometimes think its the development at Brisbane thats the issue more than the player.

I don't think he's a lost cause by any means and think he still has time to turn it all around but he needs someone/s mature to take him under their wing and show him how its done, plus some time in QCup.

Isn't Molo moving on? There may be room for a Flegler to move up there.

I'm not against this at all, Kennedy can provide a fair bit of what he does now, and can still improve.

Do the Cowboys feel the same? They aren't in the business of doing us favours, and rightly so..

Isn't Molo moving on? There may be room for a Flegler to move up there.

I'm not against this at all, Kennedy can provide a fair bit of what he does now, and can still improve.

Do the Cowboys feel the same? They aren't in the business of doing us favours, and rightly so..

If they could get him subsidised, it would be a great decision, he still has massive upside.

Flegler is on far too much regardless of development, which we absolutely do suck at.

I have no idea how you put brains and refined skills in someone like flegler. Sure he gets excited and motivated in spurts, but he literally shits the bed every sing time it counts. You cant coach that shit out of someone, ive seen it before, once they are at this point they are always a liability.

Kurt Capewell rumour, think $450,000-a-season, maybe more. Hard to resist.

His agent, Clinton Schifcofske (yes that Clinton Schifcofske):

“Kurt has a bit of interest from a few clubs and we are working through things now. We have assured Penrith we will go back to them before we do anything. A return to Queensland definitely appeals to him. He will weigh up all options and see what’s on the table. The Broncos showed some interest in the pre-season. We met with them but unfortunately the deal wasn’t the right deal at the time. Kurt backed himself to start the season well and that’s exactly what he has done off the back of Origin."

“I’m hopeful the Broncos will come back to us. He would be perfect for the Broncos, he is exactly what they need, an edge back-rower who is versatile and a leader. The Broncos have a lot of young forwards so to have an experienced leader who has played Origin and is a Queensland kid, it would be a good fit for the club. He has been playing great footy in the starting back-row for the Panthers five weeks in a row."

“Penrith want to keep him but Kurt isn’t going to get what he is worth. They have to spend a fair bit of their cap to keep (Jarome) Luai, (Stephen) Crichton, Isaah Yeo and Liam Martin, so there mightn’t be much left over for Kurt.”

Scott Sattler:

“I love him, I have always liked him as a player. I watched a lot of him in the Intrust Super Cup when the Ipswich Jets won the national title and he went through a stage where you weren’t quite sure what position he should play. He is still only young in rugby league terms so moving forward I think he is a really good No.13 like Isaah Yeo (Panthers captain). I’m a big fan of his. Watching him play Origin last year was great because he deserved it and watching him play through pain was even better. He is a tremendous player and even better guy from a really good family.”

Sam Thaiday:

“The thing I love about him is he came through the Intrust Super Cup system under the Walker brothers (Shane and Ben). He already had a lot of those skills, but the Walker boys gave him an opportunity to be himself on the footy field. You can see that in his game. Some of his kicks and the things he does are very unorthodox and left-field, but they seem to work out for him because he continues to do them every week. He is a great player and very unpredictable. I love watching him play footy.”

McHunt
If he wants to come, you take him. Broncos need experienced players, because the current experienced ones are providing almost nothing. If he's got leadership qualities, even better.

I'm not at all concerned about signings yet. Let's wait for DD to get on board. I'd be far more concerned if we were making big signings without him being on board to fully vet every signature and amount.
Surely he’s txting from a burner phone.

Surely he’s txting from a burner phone.
I'd imagine so but there's only so much you can when you can't be on the ground interviewing the different guys from different departments, looking at the numbers in person.

It's only a month or two, better not to do anything dodgy and just play by the rules until May 1st.

I do wonder if the waiting game of Donaghy has slowed down/paused new signing or re-singings.
Personally, I hope so. He has a footy brain, and know how to coordinate $ of a roster.
Ill back him if he walks in and knocks a couple of signings on the head due to how out of whack our cap is.

I do wonder if the waiting game of Donaghy has slowed down/paused new signing or re-singings.
Personally, I hope so. He has a footy brain, and know how to coordinate $ of a roster.
Ill back him if he walks in and knocks a couple of signings on the head due to how out of whack our cap is.
It would 100% pause the recruitment other than the obvious ones where it's low risk.

You'd never make big decisions when a new boss is coming in next month.

What about offering a trade to Fitzgibbon and the Sharks. I wonder if he would be interested in Flegler or Lodge if Rudolf isn’t happy. Might work for everyone involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Stix
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ostin86
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Ejbroncos
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.