Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d also be offering Croft to Huddersfield in exchange for Aidan Sezar for this year, with the aim of Croft wanting to stay next year too. Are trades possible between NRL and Super League clubs?

These are all very interesting and qualifiable signings and changes guys. You've got one very big problem in front of you though: when it comes to recruitment and retention, this club doesn't have a fucking clue.

Capewell would be a great signing, and he'd go straight to whatever edge he prefers.

8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Capewell
12. TPJ
13. Bullemor/Carrigan

15. Carrigan/Bullemor
16. Riki
17. Flegler

That is a good pack, and won't rely on Haas and Lodge playing 60mins. I think we need a 14 that can offer 20mins of cover for Turpin, he continues to make 50+ tackles and it's blunting his attack. He hasn't even played 30 NRL games and we are expecting 80mins of excellence from him with brain dead halves.

Screenshot 20210414 201321 Firefox

Morris' mum ain't too happy.

I hope we take advantage and try to pick up some disgruntled Sharks players.

I wonder if this would be plausible

RE-SIGN
Jessie Arthars
John Asiata
Xavier Coates
Tesi Niu
Brandon Piakura

Straight Swaps
Alex Glenn for Kurt Capewell
David Mead for Hymel Hunt
Ben Te’o for Dunamis Lui
Anthony Milford for Adam Reynolds
Matt Lodge for Toby Rudolf
Thomas Dearden for Nicho Hynes
Dale Copley for Deloise Hoeter
Keenan Palasia for Jordan Grant
Brodie Croft for Aidan Sezar

Then we can bring up Selwyn Cobbo and Brendan Piakura in exchange for Karmichael Hunts* (him and Walters fill our 30 for this year) spot and Tyson Gambles spot.

Oh and if anyone thinks Glenn can play again next year, wake up to yourself.

I don't think anyone at all thinks he should play on next year, have not heard it on here or anywhere.

Toby Rudolph is going to be gettable now. He thinks very highly of Morris and i reckon if we targeted him now he would ba a great option.
Queenslander as well isn't he??

Wonder where Morris will end up? I can't see him taking up a long term assistants role. Maybe for the rest of the year then off to SL?

not according to the qrl website
Well there you go... thought someone had told me he was from Ipswich.

Was thinking as I posted it, if he was qlder then how was he not playing origin last year with the million injuries

What about offering a trade to Fitzgibbon and the Sharks. I wonder if he would be interested in Flegler or Lodge if Rudolf isn’t happy. Might work for everyone involved

As far as I can see Rudolf is off contract next year. No need to trade anyone. It would be more a case of moving someone on so we could afford him.

No, Tobes isn't a Queenslander sadly. Played for the Phins though.
Ahhh maybe that's what it was.

Probably just assumed he was qld because he played for Redcliffe

Bomber has taken another story off the forum, with word “leaking” Kurt Capewell and Bronx could be a thing... Negotiations are on-going with Broncs about to “swoop” on him...

One can only hope he finally got one aspect of the story correct...

Kurt Capewell rumour, think $450,000-a-season, maybe more. Hard to resist.

His agent, Clinton Schifcofske (yes that Clinton Schifcofske):

“Kurt has a bit of interest from a few clubs and we are working through things now. We have assured Penrith we will go back to them before we do anything. A return to Queensland definitely appeals to him. He will weigh up all options and see what’s on the table. The Broncos showed some interest in the pre-season. We met with them but unfortunately the deal wasn’t the right deal at the time. Kurt backed himself to start the season well and that’s exactly what he has done off the back of Origin."

“I’m hopeful the Broncos will come back to us. He would be perfect for the Broncos, he is exactly what they need, an edge back-rower who is versatile and a leader. The Broncos have a lot of young forwards so to have an experienced leader who has played Origin and is a Queensland kid, it would be a good fit for the club. He has been playing great footy in the starting back-row for the Panthers five weeks in a row."

“Penrith want to keep him but Kurt isn’t going to get what he is worth. They have to spend a fair bit of their cap to keep (Jarome) Luai, (Stephen) Crichton, Isaah Yeo and Liam Martin, so there mightn’t be much left over for Kurt.”

Scott Sattler:

“I love him, I have always liked him as a player. I watched a lot of him in the Intrust Super Cup when the Ipswich Jets won the national title and he went through a stage where you weren’t quite sure what position he should play. He is still only young in rugby league terms so moving forward I think he is a really good No.13 like Isaah Yeo (Panthers captain). I’m a big fan of his. Watching him play Origin last year was great because he deserved it and watching him play through pain was even better. He is a tremendous player and even better guy from a really good family.”

Sam Thaiday:

“The thing I love about him is he came through the Intrust Super Cup system under the Walker brothers (Shane and Ben). He already had a lot of those skills, but the Walker boys gave him an opportunity to be himself on the footy field. You can see that in his game. Some of his kicks and the things he does are very unorthodox and left-field, but they seem to work out for him because he continues to do them every week. He is a great player and very unpredictable. I love watching him play footy.”

McHunt

Clinton is Sam Walker’s agent too and Ben Walker.

Capewell lived with the Walker family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.