Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Are we there yet @Smokin' Joe? or will it come when Staggs and Dearden depart in the coming weeks?
We’re all hanging our hats on this “things getting better” but it doesn’t necessarily mean things will be good, only better than worse...

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Why are all of you religiously taking the words of @Smokin' Joe. Like no offence but that’s a statement that doesn’t require Sherlock to come up with and tbh I think we have fallen far enough without treating that statement as some sort of punishment from god

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I’m not sold on Smith, but if Melbourne want a player before releasing him I reckon they would go for Isaako with Ado-Carr leaving. Probably turn into a pretty good player too.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
To those folks saying no the SJ, I say this respectfully, but I'm not entirely sure you are aware of just how bad we are.
Somebody said that SJ is just an upgraded version of Milford. The very sad reality is that we could dearly use an upgraded version of Milford, particularly at half the price.
I'm not "all in" on SJ, but at the right price and as long as his signing doesn't prevent a more important signing, then I'm very keen.
I do think that ARey has to be the priority signing, then SJ, and/or maybe someone like NHynes or Drinkwater then worry about Staggs etc
The focus on retaining your current players is mind bogglingly stupid when those players have just handed you your first wooden spoon and seem in danger of doing it again.
Obviously he doesn't possess quite the same amount of game management skills, but SJ, imo, is a better player than Arey, especially in attack. He had an insane amount of try assists last season and it's a bit insulting to compare him to Milford. We'd be dumb not to consider him, especially if he isn't in high demand and can be signed for around about 700-800k (what we're apparently offering Staggs lmao).

The club just needs to get two million together and make sure 2 of Arey, SJ, and Moses are signed.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Obviously he doesn't possess quite the same amount of game management skills, but SJ, imo, is a better player than Arey, especially in attack. He had an insane amount of try assists last season and it's a bit insulting to compare him to Milford. We'd be dumb not to consider him, especially if he isn't in high demand and can be signed for around about 700-800k (what we're apparently offering Staggs lmao).

The club just needs to get two million together and make sure 2 of Arey, SJ, and Moses are signed.
Coming off an achilles is a risk, I would be wanting to see how he goes for a few weeks.

PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
Why are all of you religiously taking the words of @Smokin' Joe. Like no offence but that’s a statement that doesn’t require Sherlock to come up with and tbh I think we have fallen far enough without treating that statement as some sort of punishment from god

SJOE

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah completely agree. Dearden is rubbish but the thing that annoys me is that they all have 0 loyalty and pick up and leave.
He was in the Cowboys Academy, you'd have to think he's 'going home'. He's a North Queenslander, born in Mackay and a cows junior. It's hardly surprising or difficult to understand. Good luck to him.

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
I DONT CARE IF DEARDEN IS RUBBISH OR NOT. I AM SICK TO DEATH OF EVERYONE ELSE PICKING THE EYES OUT OF OUR JUNIORS.

WE NEED A ROOKIE CAP OR SOMETHING FFS.

Im done.

We can whinge about the short-sighted NRL's ridiculous rules and obviously glaring omissions which are ruining the game and kick up a stink and wish things were different and cry poor.... or we can just accept that this is the way the game is now and adapt. We only have ourselves to blame for making the same mistakes over and over and wondering why our best talent keeps getting stolen away. We've lost an entire next generation of potential first grade stars.. it's hearbreaking.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015

R&R team is so bad it's amazing. You'd think you would at least stumble your way into keeping 1 but we can't even manage that. Even going back to QLD's golden run we played a minimal role after Lockyer. How do they still have jobs? Aren't they embarrassed?

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
R&R team is so bad it's amazing. You'd think you would at least stumble your way into keeping 1 but we can't even manage that. Even going back to QLD's golden run we played a minimal role after Lockyer. How do they still have jobs? Aren't they embarrassed?
With each passing week, every time I go to Suncorp and see Nolan cavorting around on the sideline without a care in the world, the red mist descends...

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I’m not sold on Smith, but if Melbourne want a player before releasing him I reckon they would go for Isaako with Ado-Carr leaving. Probably turn into a pretty good player too.
Isaako would morph into Roger Tuivasa Shek with a twist of Billy Slater once he got a sprinkling of Storm fairy dust and a coating of Craig Bellamy’s magic saliva.

he’d be bird-dogging the dead ball line cameras three times a game just like Josh Addo Carr

he’d be eating vegetables, shitting raw meat and biting heads off chickens

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Isaako would morph into Roger Tuivasa Shek with a twist of Billy Slater once he got a sprinkling of Storm fairy dust and a coating of Craig Bellamy’s magic saliva.
sad chris geere GIF by You're The Worst

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

We did, we stumbled into keeping Haas, Bullemor and Herbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • The True King
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • maddo
  • Battler
  • mitch222
  • Mr Fourex
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.