Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
Walsh should've been given the #1 spot from round 1. We were grooming him for years and he Should've been given the warm and fuzzies and made to feel important.
But we are where we are now. Bottom 4 spine and no depth. We need to be acquiring some top talent soon. Even the Dogs have a great outlook with Fox and Burton. What are we doing?
How many people in here shouted this down. It was the only smart play to put him in the 1 or 14

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
A friend told me Knik is heading back to QLD for 'personal reasons' in 2022. I scoffed but...
Reynolds and kniko would be a decent halves pairing. Defence may not be great but it isnt now either.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
Whatever we were offering Reynolds we can now up that offer by $300K. I wouldn't have been happy signing Fifita on $1.25M, but I'm more than happy to offer it to Reynolds, even at the age of 31.
Right now titans are getting value out of the fifita deal. Broncos should have picked the 5 young guns to keep instead of trying hold on to all of them. Their greed means they will likely lose all the best ones. Haas next to go when his bc deal is up.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Right now titans are getting value out of the fifita deal. Broncos should have picked the 5 young guns to keep instead of trying hold on to all of them. Their greed means they will likely lose all the best ones. Haas next to go when his bc deal is up.
How are they getting value out of the Fifita deal? They are 3-4. If you have a bloke taking well over 10% of your salary cap he should be winning you games. Titans lead South 24-10 at half time. Fifita had 2 possessions in the 2nd half. That’s wasted money.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
theshed nailed it.
Who first used the word “sparked” doesn’t answer the question at all.

You stated that the game was 6 all and as soon as Levi came on we got 18 put on us, we lost all momentum and suffered one of the clubs worst losses in history. Somehow, that’s not scapegoating Levi?

Piss weak response from you.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Ok I’d like to get your opinion on this in my preferable order our halves pairings for next year:
6. Marshall
7. Reynolds

6. Nikorima
7. Reynolds

6. Drinkwater
7. Reynolds

honestly I couldn’t care less which one it is cause it would be a great improvement however the top 2 stick out so much to me. On reflection I would love to have kodi back wearing the 6. He has been solid and the only reason I put Marshall above him was because Marshall is cheap as chips and he is so experienced and class

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Broncos Head Coach Kevin Walters said: “Tom Dearden confirmed to the Club this morning that he has signed for the Cowboys from next season.

“Obviously we are disappointed but we have clear priorities on who we are targeting to strengthen our roster going forward.

“We will continue to work through that process in the weeks and months ahead.”

I would have really liked if Kev’s closing statement was “We didn’t table an offer to Tom”.
He better not be in the 17 moving forward. I’d rather see Milford in there tbh

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
To those folks saying no the SJ, I say this respectfully, but I'm not entirely sure you are aware of just how bad we are.
Somebody said that SJ is just an upgraded version of Milford. The very sad reality is that we could dearly use an upgraded version of Milford, particularly at half the price.
I'm not "all in" on SJ, but at the right price and as long as his signing doesn't prevent a more important signing, then I'm very keen.
I do think that ARey has to be the priority signing, then SJ, and/or maybe someone like NHynes or Drinkwater then worry about Staggs etc
The focus on retaining your current players is mind bogglingly stupid when those players have just handed you your first wooden spoon and seem in danger of doing it again.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Are we there yet @Smokin' Joe? or will it come when Staggs and Dearden depart in the coming weeks?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I DONT CARE IF DEARDEN IS RUBBISH OR NOT. I AM SICK TO DEATH OF EVERYONE ELSE PICKING THE EYES OUT OF OUR JUNIORS.

WE NEED A ROOKIE CAP OR SOMETHING FFS.

Im done.

Can't agree with that. It's the NSWRL way of doing things, bring others down to try and get ahead. The Broncos don't need hand outs, they need to fire most of their staff and get new people who know what they're doing in recruitment.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
To those folks saying no the SJ, I say this respectfully, but I'm not entirely sure you are aware of just how bad we are.
Somebody said that SJ is just an upgraded version of Milford. The very sad reality is that we could dearly use an upgraded version of Milford, particularly at half the price.
I'm not "all in" on SJ, but at the right price and as long as his signing doesn't prevent a more important signing, then I'm very keen.
I do think that ARey has to be the priority signing, then SJ, and/or maybe someone like NHynes or Drinkwater then worry about Staggs etc
The focus on retaining your current players is mind bogglingly stupid when those players have just handed you your first wooden spoon and seem in danger of doing it again.

I'm with ya.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Can't agree with that. It's the NSWRL way of doing things, bring others down to try and get ahead. The Broncos don't need hand outs, they need to fire most of their staff and get new people who know what they're doing in recruitment.
That’s the next step of the cycle of grief - acceptance. I’m still here stuck in the anger cycle.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I DONT CARE IF DEARDEN IS RUBBISH OR NOT. I AM SICK TO DEATH OF EVERYONE ELSE PICKING THE EYES OUT OF OUR JUNIORS.

WE NEED A ROOKIE CAP OR SOMETHING FFS.

Im done.
I think this is more a case of the club not wanting him, or at least being apathetic about losing him, than the cowboys poaching him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Shane Tronc
  • rj9
  • leon.bott
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrRobot
  • Jazza
  • Strop
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.