Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Joe is right about Cherry-Evans, i will never doubt him again, but since ive been on these forums ( a little under 2 years) he has not hit a single bullseye yet.
Obviously not his fault and can only drop hints as to what he hears, but "hit and miss" isnt far off the mark.

Go back further through his posts. No doubt he gets some solid info but it’s by no means and never has been 100% correct. I’m not gonna nitpick individual cases as I don’t care and can’t be bothered. I appreciate his posts but he gets more wrong than the Fifita thing.

BREAKING: Broncos sign Mose to 5 year, $6million deal...

..by accident 🤦‍♂️

75D0274D 1F7A 425D 9FCD 2ECB0ADF5BB9

BREAKING: Broncos sign Mose to 5 year, $6million deal...

..by accident 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 12636
Mose hasn't been the same since the Storm.

Moses on the other hand would be the best choice imo. Still young with room to improve, rarely gets injured and not demanding DCE money. Some people around here think he's shit but can you imagine the eels being anywhere near as good without him?

Moses on the other hand would be the best choice imo. Still young with room to improve, rarely gets injured and not demanding DCE money. Some people around here think he's shit but can you imagine the eels being anywhere near as good without him?
I agree, if we cant get Reynolds or DCE i would put Moses as the best option.

I agree, if we cant get Reynolds or DCE i would put Moses as the best option.
Yeah Moses has all the skill we need but he doesn’t bring the calm head or leadership that Reynolds and to a further extent, DCE.

The other 2 would basically walk in as captains but Moses doesn’t offer that, nor does SJ really.

This is starting to feel like going to a club and all your mates pull and now your standing around alone in a corner trying to look like you’re enjoying yourself.

Reynolds to sharks 3 years $2.4m. Was always going to happen. Watch us with egg on our faces yet again.

Yes. They have Brown and insert another serviceable halfback, they'd be basically just as good. Moses is not what we need, not at all.

So Moses or Johnson then?

Either would almost certainly improve us but I dunno, I can’t get very excited about either. And I think we need 2 new, good spine players to really turn things around.

The Reynolds deal to Cronulla should be used as a market guide to any offer we are considering for Moses. Yes I appreciate he is older, but is also more consistent and a better player IMO.
He is currently on 825k from what is reported. Would he leave Parra for the same money? No.
The way I see it we have two options.
  1. Offer him security (ie. long term deal) - say 5 year, $4M deal
  2. Offer him short-term pay rise - 3 year, $3M deal
Under the old administration i'd be nervous - but surely, Dave Donaghy would be sensible and understand salary cap management.

I would rather Johnson than Moses, but I think if the right marquee isn’t available we would be better off holding fire and going with a Drinkwater/Seizer combination with Hynes at fb. It wouldn’t screw our cap for years like a marquee player going pear shaped would and we would get better bang for our buck until that special player becomes available.
With expansion coming we need to get it right, or at least have room to move on someone in ‘23.

For all of Chad’s glaring faults - he would have a statue in the big average footballer hall of fame, and Croft would pay good money to get a photo with his idol.

To not only compare Croft to Chad but to imply he’s an upgrade is non-sense.
He's definitely not an upgrade just suggesting that if SJ performs best by having a halfback that will put up the same kick every set then he'll likely be fine at the Broncos next to Croft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Bongo
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • LittleDavey
  • Lurker
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.