Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that Turpin has a PO for next year and there’s been zero talk of interest from other clubs. Maybe he is actually loyal and isn’t having his manager drag our nuts over rusty nails or maybe no one wants him.
I'd say no one wants him , almost every team has a quality 9 bar a few .

Funny that Turpin has a PO for next year and there’s been zero talk of interest from other clubs. Maybe he is actually loyal and isn’t having his manager drag our nuts over rusty nails or maybe no one wants him.

Don't worry the media will get to him, once we've run out of young kids for them to hype (probably once Staggs and Coates have signed their next deals).

and when they do, they'll be making out that Turpin is the next Cam Smith (although if we keep him, he be just another plodder in their eyes)

Souths would suggest otherwise (Latrell, Walker, Reynolds and Cook)

As would Storm with the big 3 (Slater, Cooper and CS9) and Roosters with Teddy, Keary & Cooper.

Manly in the past with Foran, DCE and Stewart

I would say you almost have to spend big on at least 3/4 spine positions.

The spine I put forward looks for savings at fullback and 6 (Milf on a cut price deal), but those cheaper players with quality around them become more than serviceable
We're not in the financial position yet, we have big dollars tied up in our forwards , and will no doubt pay overs to get quality here .

We're not in the financial position yet, we have big dollars tied up in our forwards , and will no doubt pay overs to get quality here .
That's just the nature of the beast now. If you can't scout or develop and nurture properly, you pay.

The Broncos for some reason seem to be developing the good supporting cast style players, and letting the potential superstars (bar Hass) go right now.

Just heard that Lodge has (intelligently) already taken up his player options. So moving him in would mean 3 seasons of chipping in for his wages.

Also, DCE is on around $1.3m per year for 3 more years. Is Manly really going to chip in on that or are we going to beat that contract? I don’t see what’s in it for Daly.

Screenshot 2021 04 28 132607

"Pffft... I know a genuine horfback when I see one."

I don't like Moses because he's a sooky lala but a pairing of Moses and Milf/Staggs wouldn't be too dissimilar to his current match up with Brown.

It'd be great to have a half who can do more than a bomb when kicking tactically.

View attachment 12635

"Pffft... I know a genuine horfback when I see one."
Look I'm not going to lie to you, those are all superior horfbacks....but if you really like a genuine horfback and I mean really like them. You want the Molford. SOLD! You get Molford to sign the contract, I'll start bringing in the 5 cent pieces.

Moses in Brisbane would be an unmitigated disaster.

His entire career has been characterised by an inability to deal with pressure and an inability to be effective unless the players around his are dominating.

Paying him $1m, taking him away from Sydney and handing him the sole responsibility of turning around the biggest, most highly publicised and most intensely scrutinised team in the league in a one-team fishbowl when that team around him is in absolute shambles would not be a wise move.

100% agree. I hope the figures we are chasing him for, even the idea we are chasing him, are pure fabrications as usual for the gossip columnists.

Now Arey is off the table it's time we get serious about throwing money at SJ.

i haven't seen him sign with anyone yet
It's been reported $2.4mil for 3 seasons.

Met with Fitzigibbon in the last 48 hours and deal is as good as done. Player wants to stay in Sydney.

It's been reported $2.4mil for 3 seasons.

Met with Fitzigibbon in the last 48 hours and deal is as good as done. Player wants to stay in Sydney.

all that's been reported is he's going to meet the incoming coach and the Sharks are preparing to table an offer.

there hasn't even been a report that Reynolds has verbally agreed to terms yet

until he signs, he isn't off the table

p.s. Hooper is not the most reliable source

all that's been reported is he's going to meet the incoming coach and the Sharks are preparing to table an offer.

there hasn't even been a report that Reynolds has verbally agreed to terms yet

until he signs, he isn't off the table

True but he isn't going to Brisbane. We are wasting time with him. We need to be talking to Taylor and Johnson, unless things change bro and DCE is actually gettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • TimWhatley
  • maddo
  • HVbronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.