NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Reynolds off to Japanese Rugby Union ?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Kevvie wants an experienced half; he gave Dearden a chance. Broncos need a half now not three years time.

That’s a wise move. Are we any closer to get one though?

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
The best thing Donaghy can do when he starts, is sign Cam Smith to the coaching staff, or just line him up to take over whenever he is ready to start as head coach.
Just bringing him into the fold, even in an informal role initially would be good

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
Sam Ayoub, obviously short-changed on his pound of flesh, yelling that the club "have done nothing but kick him (Dearden) from pillar to post" .. what is it with these people, Dearden's not (imho) NRL level yet, nowhere near it. If kicking from pillar to post means trying him out in the NRL side whilst honing his skills in ISC then where's his problem. Just leave gracefully and show the world how f.....g brilliant you are ... immediately!! ... otherwise stop bleating like Jack Bird about what nasty people they are at Red Hill and stfu.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Ha ha took the words out of my mouth. They have no insights into what we are actually doing so there new plan is to say we are throwing massive overs at multiple players so that when that doesn’t come through (because it was never happening) they can say “look how far they have fallen”. They are disgusting people.
I don’t know how many on this forum were around in the early to mid 90s or old enough to remember but Brisbane / Queensland had its own version of the footy show that aired the same time as the Sydney show. It was heaven for Broncos fans, almost a ‘broncos tv’.
I remember a feature they did on these young up and coming stars the Walker brothers and at the end of it Tony Durkin mentioning what their status was with the club, ie ‘Ben is signed up for three years etc’ .. It was all about the Broncos and as a fan it left you informed and excited about the club and who was in it and where it was going.
I’ve thought for long time how great it would be for something like that to be around now. Because the way the game is reported nowadays, I feel like I know more far about the comings and goings of a handful of Sydney based clubs than I do about the Broncos. We’re almost like the North Korea of the NRL.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
We’re almost like the North Korea of the NRL.

Good way to put it.

I used to be proud to tell people I was a Broncos fan, now I don't look forward to it at all, we're comfortably the most hated club in the country (outside of Brisbane), and on top of that we're now also shit.

I've had more passion supporting my SuperCoach side than the Broncos over the last 2 and a half years.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Kevvie wants an experienced half; he gave Dearden a chance. Broncos need a half now not three years time.
Did we chase simpkin at all ? I'd be stumped if we aren't chasing a 9 aswell.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Did we chase simpkin at all ? I'd be stumped if we aren't chasing a 9 aswell.
It seems like Kevvie is after proven players for the spine... no more project players.

If the rumours of us going for Moses are true he would be a massive get. He's a wank on the field (although he would be our wank), but he's a good kicker, a goal kicker and when he wants to he can be a great playmaker. He's also 26.

I think Kevvie wants an experienced half to lead the team and then a cut price Milf at 6.

Even if we go Moses for $1m and Milf for $400k we're basically spending the same cash on the halves that we are this year.

If Staggs goes to eels that's $700k to throw at a fullback (::cough:: Drinkwater ::cough::).

The last step would be a hooker and if BSmith stays in Melbourne next year then he's available for 2023 no trades required... Grant also available for 2023. Turps off contract end of next year.

BSmith or Grant are probably costing you somewhere in the vicinity of $600-$800k and $1m plus respectively, which may be why they're wanting to punt Lodge and his $700k.

Within 2yr you go from the worst spine in the comp to what could be a seriously competitive spine.

1. Drinkwater
6. Milf (cut price deal)
7. Moses/ Reynolds/ SJ
9. BSmith / Grant

Huge investment in the spine rather than hoping a prospect reaches their potential.

Moses or Reynolds should be priority number 1, but SJ wouldnt be the worst signing for our halves. He probably cant partner with Milf, but he could potentially work well with Croft (Croft basically doing the Chad role)

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
If we time the contracts well, we’ll have a competitive enough make shift spine that comes off contract the same time as Harry Grant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Broncs1459
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BooKhaki
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.