Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is captain of Souths and a Souths junior, club legend, and they aren't willing to offer him anything more than 1 year. And you want to risk it all and offer him a monster offer for 3 years.

Yeah, that is definitely intelligent.

I'm still waiting on someone to explain what he is good at without talking about his kicking game.

A Reynolds;

Try assists 2019+2020 - 20th & 34th
LB assists 2019+2020- 22nd & 20th
Missed tackles 2019+2020 - 17th & 23rd

So his best effort in the previous 2 years, is being the 20th best at setting up tries and linebreaks, while missing the 23rd most tackles.

In 2021 so far, he isn't in the top 50 for try assists or linebreak assists, but has maintained himself in the top 50 for missed tackles.

What does he offer, outside of a degenerating body and good kicking? Why is he worth a million?
well said

Not really. Missing out on Reynolds is the real catastrophe, and that ship is leaving harbor.
Not really, how many times has he Not delivered. 3 times they've shit the bed a game away from the GF , surely if he was that good they'd at least had another premiership by now.

Not really, how many times has he Not delivered. 3 times they've shit the bed a game away from the GF , surely if he was that good they'd at least had another premiership by now.

We were never talking about Reynolds as the sort of signing that takes us to a premiership. As I said, on any other day he isn't a marquee signing. We needed him on board to at least stop this club from sinking any further.

Looking more and more likely that we lose Staggs and Coates. Report has come out that a broncos player told Fifita to leave the Broncos because he would develop quicker. Can’t help but think that was Boyd.

on 360 tonight they were asking some very valid question, the one that stood out to me came from Hooper, "why hasn't Staggs re-signed?", it's a good offer for where he's at coming back from an injury

They started to make mention of Moses and Staggs having the same manager, there could be something to it too

There's every chance we miss out on them both, it would be catastrophic
Why? Staggs doesn’t help our defence, he doesn’t help our structure, he doesn’t help our game management, he doesn’t help our kicking game.

Here’s what the club should be asking itself, If Staggs was on the market from another club would we be after him? Would he be our priority?

Looking more and more likely that we lose Staggs and Coates. Report has come out that a broncos player told Fifita to leave the Broncos because he would develop quicker. Can’t help but think that was Boyd.

that report is complete BS

no it wouldn't

So next season when our most potent players are lining up for other clubs and as it stands we've barely signed anyone that isn't already in our system, how does that make us any better?

Darius....WAC

So next season when our most potent players are lining up for other clubs and as it stands we've barely signed anyone that isn't already in our system, how does that make us any better?

a) we've already had 1 million dollar failure over the last few years ... we don't need another
b) Staggs is poor defensively and not what we need in the halves, despite him wanting halves money
c) unless you're in the recruitment meetings, you have no idea what our plans are, who where chasing or who we'll sign in the coming weeks/months

If we lose Staggs and Coates, I hope we actually finally do something with the money, I'm sick of only having outs and only Levi as an in.

1. Hammer
2. H.Hunt
3. Gagai
4. Farnworth
5. Oates
6. Mann
7. Johnson
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Su'A
12. Capewell
13. Asiata

14. Walters
15. Pangai Jr
16. Bullemor
17. Riki/Piakura

This would be ok.

a) we've already had 1 million dollar failure over the last few years ... we don't need another
b) Staggs is poor defensively and not what we need in the halves, despite him wanting halves money
c) unless you're in the recruitment meetings, you have no idea what our plans are, who where chasing or who we'll sign in the coming weeks/months

I agree completely with points 1 and 2, point 3 though, I would imagine even if one is in said recruitment meetings, he'd still have no idea what our plans are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.