Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
a) we've already had 1 million dollar failure over the last few years ... we don't need another
b) Staggs is poor defensively and not what we need in the halves, despite him wanting halves money
c) unless you're in the recruitment meetings, you have no idea what our plans are, who where chasing or who we'll sign in the coming weeks/months

That's all true but it's hard when you see player movements at other clubs, meanwhile we are losing good players and struggling to hang on to anyone, let alone sign a big name or 2

That's all true but it's hard when you see player movements at other clubs, meanwhile we are losing good players and struggling to hang on to anyone, let alone sign a big name or 2

Even the Dogs are bringing in some really, really good signings next year. We are just losing people.

If we arent at least matching the offer for Reynolds we are crazy. He is the only top class, game managing half on the market. I'd be very, very disappointed if we havent made an approach.
Spoiler alert - we won’t.

So next season when our most potent players are lining up for other clubs and as it stands we've barely signed anyone that isn't already in our system, how does that make us any better?
@Foordy is losing the plot, she saying the same thing going into this season too: No Fifita, no Bird, no signings, no worries.

A new Coach alone would magically fix one of the worst seasons in modern history apparently.

Aged like milk.

For all those banging on about "all losses, no signings"...how are we meant to sign people without a CEO? Give it 2 weeks, then panic.
Hang on, you think because we don’t have a full time CEO we are literally unable to sign players?

You do understand how an acting CEO works right?

My preference would be (being realistic of course):
6. Drinkwater
7. SJ

however i really don't think we will manage to get both so either (less and less desirable):

6. Sezer
7. SJ

or

6. Drinkwater
7. Sezer

or

6. Widdop
7. Sezer

Johnson’s game has evolved a lot over the last few seasons.
Those sceptical of Johnson, listen to his interview with Denan Kemp on bloke in a bar. He’s definitely the type of guy we need around the club.
100% and he won’t break the bank. Spread the money across the whole spine and have a competitive next year or two. We aren’t building a roster for a premiership tilt in 2022.

Staggs is a must for me. You need game breakers like that. We win against panthers if we he is on the field. We have no fire power and he’s our last gun. Sad times at the donkeys 😢
or we lose by more because of his poor reads in defence.

Would people be more upset at Coates leaving than Dearden? Coates seems like a more likeable guy, but he hasn't been any better in his time here and he's playing in an easier position.

Ok Coates is fast and good and all but he is shithouse in defence like he scored 6 tries this season and has let in about 20

Why are we so concerned with throwing the bank at Staggs when it is possible to get Gagai for similar money?

Staggs isn't needed in the halves.
Can't defend.
Is a dickhead.

If Coates wants to leave, let him go. All he has shown is that he can sometimes catch a high ball and can run fast when in open space. Can't tackle to save himself and is useless in making metres bringing the ball back from kick returns.

Badel's latest piece ... as usual based on nothing it seems

Headline: Broncos war chest set to ruin Sharks rebuild (this from a publication that has frequently said we have a fucked cap and zero cash to spend)

in the article:
  • says the choice for the "desperate" Brisbane Broncos is between Adam Reynolds and SJ
  • says we've held talks with SJ
  • says we're a late threat to the Sharks bid to sign ARey and we have the financial capacity to pay his asking price (800k)
  • says the Sharks are finalizing their offer to ARey
  • says that ARey and SJ are on a list of 5 targets for us as Kevvie pledges to sign a senior playmaker on the open market
  • says ARey's preference is to stay in Sydney so could take less money to go to he Sharks
  • says we didn't want to get into a bidding war for Dearden, because we're actively lining up a better-credentialed replacement and are ramping-up our scrumbase recruitment strategy.
  • goes on to regurgitate some of the other comments in his article for the past few weeks
quotes Kevvie's interview with Dobbo on Triple M's Rush Hour:

“Yes we will,” he said.

“The plan is to get someone (an established playmaker) and I believe we will.

“I won’t name names but yes I’m after an experienced playmaker. That’s my priority and that’s what I am looking for.

“I’m certainly looking at a number of playmakers.

“Everyone can see we need an experienced playmaker and I’m going to the market.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Dash
  • marw
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skathen
  • Astro
  • LittleDavey
  • bazza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Robboi_321
  • Rah88
  • Allo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • simplythebest
  • Crom
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.