Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
since the start of the 2017 season, Adam Reynolds has played 100 games ... Jack Bird has played 40

there is no comparison
**** me dead. I'm talking about spending too much on one player and they get injured, not Reynolds vs Bird. In the context of Staggs not signing unless he gets the halfback he wants. Imagine they dump 1.2 million on whoever, and he goes down like Bird. Could happen to the Titans with Fifita. Probably will.

What I mean is look at Jack Bird.
Could happen to anyone. Every team has at least 1 player around the million dollar mark. Is your answer to only have mediocre players so we aren’t angry about the waste of money when they go down?

What happens if Munster gets injured? Or Tedesco ?

Seems overly risk adverse.

Reading what DD said about the Roster it would appear we want long term signings not short fixes. To me AR and SJ would not be long term SW would.
You could also argue that bringing someone like Reynolds in can help set the club back on course for good things in the longer term.. his presence and leadership and on-field skills would be a real panacea for the broncos imo.. it would help retain existing talent, it would make the club more attractive to players from outside the club and it would bring some immediate success on the field which would generate momentum in all respects going forward

Could happen to anyone. Every team has at least 1 player around the million dollar mark. Is your answer to only have mediocre players so we aren’t angry about the waste of money when they go down?

What happens if Munster gets injured? Or Tedesco ?

Seems overly risk adverse.
No, but I’d be especially wary of investing big on a long contract near the end of a player's career. Especially when his own club is balking.

No, but I’d be especially wary of investing big on a long contract in a player near me he end of his career. Especially when his own club is balking.
I don’t disagree, though near the end might be a bit strong. He’s 30.
It’ll depend what the contract is. 800k for 3 years isn’t too bad. 1m + for 3 or more is starting to be risky.

You could also argue that bringing someone like Reynolds in can help set the club back on course for good things in the longer term.. his presence and leadership and on-field skills would be a real panacea for the broncos imo.. it would help retain existing talent, it would make the club more attractive to players from outside the club and it would bring some immediate success on the field which would generate momentum in all respects going forward
You could also argue we had that with Darius Boyd.

Did anyone watch the Super Saturday post-game show? They asked Cronk how if he thinks DD is up to the job at the Bronx. Dude went out of his way to avoid saying anything positive and went with a very neutral response. Even when they said DD would've learnt a lot from his time as Storm CEO, Cronk just said Storm have private ownership with very hands-on owners.
Wonder if he's got any beef with DD over him leaving the Storm?

I don't really blame Staggs waiting for Broncos to sign a top shelf halfback before committing.

He knows himself as a player. He knows he will need a competent partner in the halves in order for him to be able to perform to the best of his ability. It's what anyone would want in any kind of profession, someone they can form a good partnership with. Without it, shit breaks down and tensions rise, things go bad real quick which is a path you want to avoid if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • eggstar10
  • LittleDavey
  • theshed
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • BroncosAlways
  • Volvo Driver
  • Brocko
  • Scorchie
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncsNBundy
  • kiwi2
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Strop
... and 63 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.