Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't sign him for longer than Walker will be re-signed for.

I'd do it. I suspect the final year would be 400k and as mentioned, if it is an option in our favour or mutual option, yep it is worth the risk.

Exactly my thoughts. We have to take the gamble to get someone of proven quality in the spine, and if that's what it takes pull the trigger.

Exactly my thoughts. We have to take the gamble to get someone of proven quality in the spine, and if that's what it takes pull the trigger.
Heck, if he's in reserve grade in the 4th year and simply just around the team and teaching whoever our next halfback is to have an awesome kicking game, he's worth that 400k in year 4.

I hope he signs. Absolutely zero problem with 4 years at 2.8.

Heck, if he's in reserve grade in the 4th year and simply just around the team and teaching whoever our next halfback is to have an awesome kicking game, he's worth that 400k in year 4.

I hope he signs. Absolutely zero problem with 4 years at 2.8.

Agreed.

Also how easy at that wage is it going to be to go wink wink, 3 year coaching job at 200k if you "retire" a year early.

Every other team does it. Look at Jennings magically retiring and giving up 500k+ in his last contract. I'm sure totally of his own volition.

Or maybe he has a farm in the Blue Mountains that he wants to focus on? You never know.
Or he's lost his passion so he'll be a social advisor for the club.

Plus side would be plenty of time for his replacement to be learning from him i guess.

Milf will need to find a Benji like second gear at this stage of his career and I honestly can't see him doing it. As far as I'm concerned it's 300k number 14 for 2 years at most or nothing

Yeah I am with @GKDonkey - I wouldn't mind having a word with Marschke.

I don’t like it.

That being said, with Reynolds you’re buying an elite kicking game and a reasonable level of organising. Age and injury don’t really impact these traits.

His skill set doesn’t rely on the traits that are the first victims of age and injury: speed, physicality, defence.

As long as his mouth and kicking leg works, you’ll still get most of your money worth out of him.

Johnson would be a player that is in trouble if the injury or age catch up with him.
Yep... just need a TBA to defend for him and he'll play till he's 40

Every other team does it. Look at Jennings magically retiring and giving up 500k+ in his last contract. I'm sure totally of his own volition.
Didn't Gillett retire with a year to go and he's just turned up as a defensive coach.

If we are smart, 4th in our option. Then under the table we gaurantee him in the 4th year a wage, be it as a player or coaching staff or club advisor.

Shares, discounted rental property, insanely cheap cars, coaching job, public speaking/mentoring roles in social advocacy for juniors. Theres 800k a year worth there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.