Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 3 years with a 4th based on performance. Needs to play 60+ games in the first 3 years and make the finals at least twice for it to activate. Otherwise it’s clubs favour.

4 years is just stupid. It was stupid for Staggs, and its stupid for Reynolds. Players get too comfortable imo with such long contracts.
So it’s stupid to lock up the dally m centre of the year for 4 years?! Come on man 😂

4th year as a mutual option, I'd be fine with. 700k is very fairly priced.
4 years is just stupid. It was stupid for Staggs, and its stupid for Reynolds. Players get too comfortable imo with such long contracts.
If we even consider giving this prick 4 years, we deserve it.

We should offer him 1.2million dollars. He can choose how long that's spread, 2,3 or 4 years, but his total payment is 1.2m regardless.
I'd do it. I suspect the final year would be 400k and as mentioned, if it is an option in our favour or mutual option, yep it is worth the risk.
My gut feeling, if he's made 4 years a condition, he's taking the piss. He's essentially saying no, or using our desperation as leverage. Like when tradies give you a ridiculous quote when they don't want the job.

Or maybe he's just trying it on them to see how they react. If he's down for three, try for four. Worth a shot.

That said, if it's on the condition of a medical examination at the end of each season, like is done in other sports, maybe there's scope for negotiation.

The Broncos have to say no to it. If he's serious about moving, he'll play for three. Three is risky enough for a player his age.

The Broncos have to say no to it. If he's serious about moving, he'll play for three. Three is risky enough for a player his age.

the Broncos management are stupid if they turn down his request.

if that's what it takes to win his signature ... then make the deal

My gut feeling, if he's made 4 years a condition, he's taking the piss. He's essentially saying no, or using our desperation as leverage. Like when tradies give you a ridiculous quote when they don't want the job.

Or maybe he's just trying it on them to see how they react. If he's down for three, try for four. Worth a shot.

That said, if it's on the condition of a medical examination at the end of each season, like is done in other sports, maybe there's scope for negotiation.

Two weeks ago I’d have been concerned about all of this.. but I’m certain the bloke who’s now in charge will ensure the Broncos best interests are maintained

This is a group that saw no benefit in securing Walsh as a special case and exception to the rule. It is commendable that we have limits and we stick to them to get the team and the club back on track, but we must be willing to occasionally push those limits for extenuating circumstances. I think Walsh and Reynolds meet that criteria.

I suggest with four years he is saying well if Im going to move interstate then I may as well make it the last contact of my career.

4yrs for $2.8M i think is a no brainer, either you getting good value early on with $700k x 4 or the final year is super cheap at 3 x $800k + 1 x $400k.

The final year you'll basically have him around to pass on his knowledge to the next generation.

I think we’ll need him here for that long anyway as we our production line of young halves coming through is not exactly stacked with talent at the moment.

Maybe we reroute Paix’s career and revert back to a 7. I think @Big Pete or @1910 suggested Josh James would still need another couple of seasons before he’d be considered a solid half option. So having Reynolds for four years would allow that.

Rule of thumb: always ask for more than you want and be prepared to walk away from the table.

Rule of thumb: always ask for more than you want and be prepared to walk away from the table.

why walk away from the table when the smart move is to stay and make a deal

why walk away from the table when the smart move is to stay and make a deal
It's 101 of negotiation. Use this one tip when haggling in a souk and you'll save hours of fuckwittery. If they don't come running after you with a lower price, go back again later.

It's 101 of negotiation. Use this one tip when haggling in a souk and you'll save hours of fuckwittery. If they don't come running after you with a lower price, go back again later.

this isn't Thailand negotiating with a street vendor for some clothes.

how about this ... it's a smart decision for the club and a good deal for both parties. let's not **** around and risk the Sharks slipping under our guard to sign Reynolds, so we're left with our dicks in our hand.

and let's face it. the Sharks will be pretty desperate to make a deal with Reynolds themselves, given their losing Townsend and SJ could be off to the Super League.

let's lock him away before the Sharks come to their senses

Really it still works out less than 3m over 3 years which many were apparently willing to pay, and we get free extra year.

Not a bad deal but I’d probably try to get it a bit lower if he wants 4.

I'm sure DD will have a solution that will suit all parties that he learned while down in Victoria. I'm quietly confident that we'll get Reynolds. I'm not too sure his inner-city neck tats will gel with our jersey though.

this isn't Thailand negotiating with a street vendor for some clothes.

how about this ... it's a smart decision for the club and a good deal for both parties. let's not **** around and risk the Sharks slipping under our guard to sign Reynolds, so we're left with our dicks in our hand.

and let's face it. the Sharks will be pretty desperate to make a deal with Reynolds themselves, given their losing Townsend and SJ could be off to the Super League.

let's lock him away before the Sharks come to their senses
All negotiations are the same. If you believe the other party has an upper hand, you're going to get fucked. The Broncos have the upper hand because they hold the money.

Lets's be blunt. The only thing this **** is interested in is money. That's all this is about. Not saving the Broncos. Not restoring the culture. Him being paid more.

Demanding four years when his own club won't give him two is taking the piss. Asking for four years is a starting point for negotiation. But of course, we don't know for a fact whether he did either, nor do we know where this information originated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • heartly87
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • Brotherdu
  • BooKhaki
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mrslong
  • Spoon
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Redux
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.