Bird
Kahu
Fifita
Joe O
O'Sullivan

Ins:

Kelly
Mead

And despite this, apparently our cap is still a shitshow......Who the **** are our recruitment and retention staff? The 3 stooges?

Alright so, so far we have:

Outs:

Boyd
Bird
Kahu
Fifita
Joe O
O'Sullivan

Ins:

Kelly
Mead

And despite this, apparently our cap is still a shitshow......Who the **** are our recruitment and retention staff? The 3 stooges?
Don't forget Macca is an In :D

What do the broncos get..

Why are we covering two years of his contract! That’s ridiculous, one I could tolerate but not 2 he wasn’t as crucial to move on as Bird was. It would have been on his interests more to move on in the end

Why are we covering two years of his contract! That’s ridiculous, one I could tolerate but not 2 he wasn’t as crucial to move on as Bird was. It would have been on his interests more to move on in the end

But we need to be nice to other clubs, otherwise we might have to deal with tension and needing to stand ground, we don't do that at the Broncos.

Long gone are the days where the spoon was 1000000 /1.........back to back spoons are a real possibility with these ***** running the club.....sorry kev😂😂

Heads responsible for this shit need to roll.
It almost seems like sabotage from within.

Alright so, so far we have:

Outs:

Boyd
Bird
Kahu
Fifita
Joe O
O'Sullivan

Ins:

Kelly
Mead

if you're right and our cap is a shambles ... then since the majority of those players already had registered contracts, it means we would have been $1-2 million over the cap for 2021 ... which doesn't happen by accident.

and here is the kicker ... the NRL would have had to allow it, since they will not register any contract that will push a team over the cap ... hmmmm

We cannot let Staggs go, period.
This stupid notion of releasing x-factor players who are suspect in defense has put us in this mess. Points differential for the last couple of years has been shamefully embarrassing.

Losing Nikorima and Roberts to begin with, Fifita as well. These blokes conjured up tries from nothing and yet we willingly let them walk.
Milf has become slow and is all too predictable now, he needs a bit of backup in the x-factor dept and TPJ with Staggs are the last remanants of that now.
Confident that if Kev has faith in Isaako to kick off the year at fullback, he can provide abit of that too with Kelly at halfback providing a point of difference in tandem with Milf.

I dont get why you are saying we cant let him go, or we are releasing him. We aren't. He is shopping himself around, we aren't kicking him out. Where are you getting this nonsense from we are willing letting them walk away from the club. We simply didnt let Fifita walk away, he shopped himself around for the best deal, just like Kotoni is doing. I cant fault them for that, but we dont need to let ourselves become doormats or bargaining chips for these players. They either want to be Broncos, or they dont and we all move on.

I dont get why you are saying we cant let him go, or we are releasing him. We aren't. He is shopping himself around, we aren't kicking him out. Where are you getting this nonsense from we are willing letting them walk away from the club. We simply didnt let Fifita walk away, he shopped himself around for the best deal, just like Kotoni is doing. I cant fault them for that, but we dont need to let ourselves become doormats or bargaining chips for these players. They either want to be Broncos, or they dont and we all move on.
If he signs elsewhere while injured I’d tell him he’s relieved of all club commitments for the rest of the year. Hopefully it can push his new club to take him a year early, free up some cap space and let them rehab him.

I said nothing of the sort......

Crichton is a more well rounded centre than he is and was offered basically the same money ($500K per year). Kid played in a GF....he has proved he is worth that amount at least.

Im saying, today, right now, Staggs has yet to prove hes worth the same, and lets face it, he arguably wants more than that...

My hope is that, once he returns from injury, and demonstrates far more effort and attitude into the defensive side of the game....he will be worth the outlay long term...

My contention is he isnt quite there yet...

Club can no longer be dictated by the players and their agents going forward...
What you said is that Staggs will expect the same sort of contract... I can guarantee you now if we get Staggs for 500k I will have a heart attack... there’s no chance we are singing him for less than 650-700

Last edited:
Cause they were trying their backsides off winning games while the big3 plodders were raking in 800k+ doing diddly squat.

Fault is on the club for not securing these match winners. Quite opposite to the Storm really, pay overs long term for the plodders and play hard ball (eventual release) of the actual proven winning talent.

Article in the SMH just now saying Cowgirls possibly looking to replace Clifford with Dearden. Also, Warriors looking at getting Lodge. Dominos could be starting to fall left, right and centre by the looks of things if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Rowdy124
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Bronco bob
  • pennywisealfie
  • Bish
  • whykickamoocow
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mr Fourex
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Wolfie
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.