Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god some of you mob talk so much shit! I thought this thread is for signings and rumour signings, not school girl bitching! I think there is going to be some new info but I just waste my time scroll through the sewer of people's egos!

If you don’t think Staggs is worth 500k a year than I don’t know what’s on in your head
I said nothing of the sort......

Crichton is a more well rounded centre than he is and was offered basically the same money ($500K per year). Kid played in a GF....he has proved he is worth that amount at least.

Im saying, today, right now, Staggs has yet to prove hes worth the same, and lets face it, he arguably wants more than that...

My hope is that, once he returns from injury, and demonstrates far more effort and attitude into the defensive side of the game....he will be worth the outlay long term...

My contention is he isnt quite there yet...

Club can no longer be dictated by the players and their agents going forward...

Last edited:
Still don't see why he can't play fullback. He'd be a gun and easily worth 700k there and at the risk of repeating myself, he'd easily be an upgrade on Milford at 5/8. I could see him being of the Jack Wighton tier at 5/8.
I honestly don't see how you can learn to be a Fullback at NRL level. It's a key spine position and unless you have an elite option playing there then your club is basically an also ran.

Staggs would at minimum take a good chunk of time to even learn the role, let alone to get competent at NRL level there, then it's a complete shot in the dark as to whether he could ever get to an elite level in the role because we have virtually no indication of how he would handle that role.

It's a solid no from me. Dummy Half and Fullback are two positions where you're better to go in deep with your salary cap and recruit an elite option. The gun clubs like Melbourne, Souths, Canberra and the Roosters all do this in the modern game and it's why the likes of Newcastle and Parramatta who only have a gun in one of those two key spine spots can't get to the next level. We don't have a gun in either of those roles until we do the same we'll be just making up the numbers too.

Last edited:
What experienced fullback do you want that is semi realistic for next year?

We are under performers this side isn’t gonna win a premiership next year and the quicker we figure that out the better... kelly, Mead and potentially chambers, Asiata and Copley all added experience to this squad we don’t need a bang average experienced fullback we need a Good fullback... and the only 2 GOOD fullbacks that are achievable signings is Allan and Drinkwater
Have we not figured that out already?
Has anyone said they think we are contenders?
Everyone knows where we stand, the more positive among us are looking for a mid table finish, the less positive think it's more likely that we will finish closer to the bottom, but who is thinking premiership?

Of course but it still disproves his point. Also I’d say outside of Munster, the storm would have one of the cheapest back lines in the comp.
It doesn't disprove the point. The comps they won they had Tedesco, Keary, Cronk, Friend which is probably the best spine in the comp.

They haven't stacked all their money on forwards like we have.

It’s all relative. I rate Staggs way higher than Oates, Macca, Flegler, Offa, probably more than Milf and Lodge. All these players are on more than 500k.

I’d happily say goodbye to one or two of any of these players if it means we can give Staggs 500k.

but it’s the same old song, 500k for Staggs is somewhat of a risk but one you’d be willing to take, except our cap is so cooked that a 500k risk is too damaging because we have so much of our cap tied up in other bad investments. If we had a healthy cap a 500k punt on Staggs would be very reasonable
Of all of those, I rate Flegler. I must admit I quit watching half way through the season, but based on when I left off, he had been one of our best.

Made a few handling errors, but was one of the few always trying his heart. I'd be happy to keep him around.

We cannot let Staggs go, period.
This stupid notion of releasing x-factor players who are suspect in defense has put us in this mess. Points differential for the last couple of years has been shamefully embarrassing.

Losing Nikorima and Roberts to begin with, Fifita as well. These blokes conjured up tries from nothing and yet we willingly let them walk.
Milf has become slow and is all too predictable now, he needs a bit of backup in the x-factor dept and TPJ with Staggs are the last remanants of that now.
Confident that if Kev has faith in Isaako to kick off the year at fullback, he can provide abit of that too with Kelly at halfback providing a point of difference in tandem with Milf.

This stupid notion of releasing x-factor players who are suspect in defense has put us in this mess. Points differential for the last couple of years has been shamefully embarrassing.

Losing Nikorima and Roberts to begin with, Fifita as well. These blokes conjured up tries from nothing and yet we willingly let them walk.
Milf has become slow and is all too predictable now, he needs a bit of backup in the x-factor dept and TPJ with Staggs are the last remanants of that now.
Confident that if Kev has faith in Isaako to kick off the year at fullback, he can provide abit of that too with Kelly at halfback providing a point of difference in tandem with Milf.
The faith this club has put into TPJ when he willingly and deliberately dragged our clubs name through the mud last year...then welcome him back to pre-season as a X-factor....

Seems we cant do either right...

If we re-signed Fifita, then TPJ would be somewhere else. The fact we lost David saved this turkey....I truly believe that...

Last edited:
The faith this club has put into TPJ when he willingly and deliberately dragged our clubs name through the mud last year...then welcome him back to pre-season as a X-factor....

Seems we cant do either right...

If we re-signed Fifita, then TPJ would be somewhere else. The fact we lost David saved this turkey....I truly believe that...

It's the turkeys that are in charge who have been dragging the clubs name through the mud longer than TPJs month of madness.

You started strong but lost me. Isaako an x factor? Kelly a point of difference to Milford??

madness

Last edited:

What’s the old saying, a champion team beats a team of X factor players?

No one is talking about getting rid of Staggs just 'cos (I don't think so anyway), the talk is about not being held to ransom and there is little argument about this. The Broncos need to stop being held to ransom, it happens way too often, they need to draw a line in the sand, which might be difficult after the contract for Flegler if it is at the value reported (which coming from Badel, does provide a MASSIVE element of doubt).

You started strong but lost me. Isaako an x factor? Kelly a point of difference to Milford??

madness
Isaako was a beast in the world 9s. Remember the Roosters try in GP from 40m weaving through half their team.
Have you watched Kelly play, seriously??
Has that natural flair of indigenous players like Walker/Fogarty/Peachey - we have not had that type of player for awhile.

Isaako was a beast in the world 9s. Remember the Roosters try in GP from 40m weaving through half their team.
Have you watched Kelly play, seriously??
Has that natural flair of indigenous players like Walker/Fogarty/Peachey - we have not had that type of player for awhile.
Isaako had had exactly 1 X factor moment in NRL and that’s the try you mentioned. It’s like saying Nathan Friend was an X factor player because he did that one backflip tunnel ball pass.

i have watched Kelly. He’s an overweight player who relies on instinct and speed, or in other words, he’s the closest thing to Anthony Milford you could find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Pablo
  • Mustafur
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
  • Allo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.