Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to his injury dufty was doing quite well too (2 good try assists and 1 almost try assist). If we could nab hynes/dufty or isaako could improve his support play, footy IQ, ball skills and urgency at the back (but this has not really improved in the past 10 rounds) our 2022 spine would be a lot more balanced.
We need a second ball player in the spine other than relying on Reynolds. Reynolds builds pressure, he doesn’t set up tries.

Hynes at 1 or 6 with Staggs / Isaako at 6 / 1.

Prior to his injury dufty was doing quite well too (2 good try assists and 1 almost try assist). If we could nab hynes/dufty or isaako could improve his support play, footy IQ, ball skills and urgency at the back (but this has not really improved in the past 10 rounds) our 2022 spine would be a lot more balanced.
I think that's why you go with Hynes though.

He is a piece for the spine puzzle, that can play either 6 or 1. If you go with Dufty then fullback is done, but the 6 jersey is still up in the air.

I think Staggs will go into the 6 jersey when he's back from injury so we'll get an idea of how he goes... if he shits the bed and we've signed Dufty then we have to recruit some more for a 6, because Croft, Milf, etc. won't work with Reynolds moving forward. Milf should've been able to, but I'm thinking he's pretty well done at the broncos after Friday's game

If Staggs shits the bed at 6, but we've signed Hynes then we might be able to put Hynes into 6 and fill the fullback role from an existing squad member like Isaako (another off season to fix up his game), Niu (season in ISC to check his game), 'Milford' (season in ISC to see how he's going), etc.

I think Hynes becomes a priority signing now and I hope DD is on the phone

Broncos should be doing everything in their power get a spine next year of:

1. Hynes
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Smith

I doubt we have a player to trade with the Storm for Smith ... at least not a player we'd be prepared to give up

I wouldn't give up isaako. He's probably on relatively small money, he'd be hard to replace, I'd rather keep him to play wing/2nd string fullback for injuries.
He’s on good money he got resigned to a fairly decent contract after his roty year

I doubt we have a player to trade with the Storm for Smith ... at least not a player we'd be prepared to give up
I think our options are actually increasing quite significantly cause they can really ask for Flegler, Lodge, Isaako, Oates and Gamble even knowing they could get the best out of them... especially the latter 3 options

I wouldn't be giving up Riki just yet ...

I'm not actually sold on Smith anyway ... works well in Melbourne's system, but outside of that, who knows

I know B.Smith would be an awesome signing, however do we need to wait for an 80 minute hooker?

I think our options are actually increasing quite significantly cause they can really ask for Flegler, Lodge, Isaako, Oates and Gamble even knowing they could get the best out of them... especially the latter 3 options
Well, Gamble and Oates are off contract.

I'd give them Flegler.

I doubt Isaako would go though, he'd find it much tougher to break into their backline

I'd give them Flegler.

I doubt Isaako would go though, he'd find it much tougher to break into their backline

They’d turn Flegler into an animal, it would be good for his development.

I think that's why you go with Hynes though.

He is a piece for the spine puzzle, that can play either 6 or 1. If you go with Dufty then fullback is done, but the 6 jersey is still up in the air.

I think Staggs will go into the 6 jersey when he's back from injury so we'll get an idea of how he goes... if he shits the bed and we've signed Dufty then we have to recruit some more for a 6, because Croft, Milf, etc. won't work with Reynolds moving forward. Milf should've been able to, but I'm thinking he's pretty well done at the broncos after Friday's game

If Staggs shits the bed at 6, but we've signed Hynes then we might be able to put Hynes into 6 and fill the fullback role from an existing squad member like Isaako (another off season to fix up his game), Niu (season in ISC to check his game), 'Milford' (season in ISC to see how he's going), etc.

I think Hynes becomes a priority signing now and I hope DD is on the phone
I like hynes, but he isn't the messiah. He is a handy player in a strong system. He isn't overly quick.
As far as a fullback goes would he even be top 10 in current standings?
Do we want to win premierships or just improve?
Hynes can probably improve the side but to win a premiership you need a gun at 1..
Tedesco, turbo, gutherson, Roger, papenhuyzen, ponga are the elites.
Personally I would play hynes at 6 but you can't break the bank to sign him..
The common theme with the names above are their elite feet at the line and speed. The speed is the key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.