Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is going to sound bad, but Nicho reminds me a bit of (good) Darius at fullback. He just seems calm and composed, not too flashy but a good footy mind to support the spine.

I wouldn't be giving up Riki just yet ...

I'm not actually sold on Smith anyway ... works well in Melbourne's system, but outside of that, who knows
You can’t really say that for every player... there’s some really well proven players like Grant, Smith, Munster and 90% of other people I think you can only really question the ones who have everything made look good by the people around them

Anyone know how robati and ‘Milford’ went today?

In my head canon, this is my side next year:

1. Hynes
2. Hammer
3. Farnworth
4. Lee
5. Oates
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. B.Smith
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell/Su’A
12. Pangai Jr
13. ‘Glenn’

14. Turpin/Walters/Gamble
15. Bullemor
16. Kennedy/Flegler
17. Riki/Piakura

I like hynes, but he isn't the messiah. He is a handy player in a strong system. He isn't overly quick.
As far as a fullback goes would he even be top 10 in current standings?
Do we want to win premierships or just improve?
Hynes can probably improve the side but to win a premiership you need a gun at 1..
Tedesco, turbo, gutherson, Roger, papenhuyzen, ponga are the elites.
Personally I would play hynes at 6 but you can't break the bank to sign him..
The common theme with the names above are their elite feet at the line and speed. The speed is the key
100% he's not the messiah and I would lean towards signing him as the 6 moving forward... although if I'm Kevvie I am promoting him as either a 1 or a 6 to not upset Staggs or Isaako.

I don't believe Staggs will make it at 6 and I'm not sure he complements Reynolds all that well either.

Even with Reynolds in the 7 we need someone to take ownership inside the opposition 20m... Cody currently does that for Souths and Latrell follows where the play needs to be.

Someone like Drinkwater could've been great for us next to Reynolds, but he's now off the market. Hynes looks a whole lot like Drinkwater albeit slower and probably not as lively, but he appears to have the ball skills to finish off the 3v2's and ability to play it short or long.

I think we need that at either the 6 or 1, so I think Hynes compliments that role well based on what we're seeing. In regards to a deal I would say 3yrs at $400k, but you might have to jump up to $450k after his recent performances. That doesn't lock him in long term and even if someone comes from nowhere he can fulfil a role as first man off the deck... he has a little bit of size and smarts about him to possibly fill in across the outside backs as well.

I would like to keep the fullback role open, because to me that has to be your real number 1 attacking option... Walsh would've been perfect now that we have Reynolds, but the club stuffed that one up.

I think we probably have more fullback options available internally than 6's in Isaako, Niu, 'Milford', Herbie, etc. and failing that I think there are viable options outside of the club for the fullback role come 2023/24 in Walsh (bring him back!!), Brimson, Ponga (PO), Munster, etc. as they're qld'ers and if we have our shit together they might see the opportunity to return to the powerhouse club.

100% he's not the messiah and I would lean towards signing him as the 6 moving forward... although if I'm Kevvie I am promoting him as either a 1 or a 6 to not upset Staggs or Isaako.

I don't believe Staggs will make it at 6 and I'm not sure he complements Reynolds all that well either.

Even with Reynolds in the 7 we need someone to take ownership inside the opposition 20m... Cody currently does that for Souths and Latrell follows where the play needs to be.

Someone like Drinkwater could've been great for us next to Reynolds, but he's now off the market. Hynes looks a whole lot like Drinkwater albeit slower and probably not as lively, but he appears to have the ball skills to finish off the 3v2's and ability to play it short or long.

I think we need that at either the 6 or 1, so I think Hynes compliments that role well based on what we're seeing. In regards to a deal I would say 3yrs at $400k, but you might have to jump up to $450k after his recent performances. That doesn't lock him in long term and even if someone comes from nowhere he can fulfil a role as first man off the deck... he has a little bit of size and smarts about him to possibly fill in across the outside backs as well.

I would like to keep the fullback role open, because to me that has to be your real number 1 attacking option... Walsh would've been perfect now that we have Reynolds, but the club stuffed that one up.

I think we probably have more fullback options available internally than 6's in Isaako, Niu, 'Milford', Herbie, etc. and failing that I think there are viable options outside of the club for the fullback role come 2023/24 in Walsh (bring him back!!), Brimson, Ponga (PO), Munster, etc. as they're qld'ers and if we have our shit together they might see the opportunity to return to the powerhouse club.
Yeah Walsh was a monumental **** up. The kid is a freak.
One of the most naturally brilliant footballers with a brain that I have seen for a while(not just a knuckle dragging athlete without a clue like some getting around the nrl at the moment)
Hynes will cost plenty to get out of the storm so wait and see I guess. You have to pay storm tax to get their players.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the titans had a red hot crack at hynes to play 6 and potentially the warriors as well.

Yeah Walsh was a monumental **** up. The kid is a freak.
One of the most naturally brilliant footballers with a brain that I have seen for a while(not just a knuckle dragging athlete without a clue like some getting around the nrl at the moment)
Hynes will cost plenty to get out of the storm so wait and see I guess. You have to pay storm tax to get their players.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the titans had a red hot crack at hynes to play 6 and potentially the warriors as well.
Walsh is already taking ownership of the warriors attack when he's out there... doesn't always come off, but he keeps putting his hand up and trying things. He looks like Ponga 2.0 so I am hugely disappointed he's gone, because a Ponga type fullback is the exact type of fullback I'd want... excluding Turbo, but he is a unicorn.

I think if the warriors go for Hynes then we could have a sneaky look at Knik to play 6 for us... they'd have a bit invested in the 1, 6 & 7, with another reasonably priced 6 added to the equation... they've got CHT on the books as long term half option, although he's looking pretty trash compared to Knik.

I think titans will go for Milf honestly... cut price Milf and a coach that thinks he can build him back up to the player that he used to be, might be too much to pass up from the titans, especially when they have Sexton coming through if he shits the bed.

Hynes will cost money and if he goes too high then you just move onto the next and see if you can find some value elsewhere. I think having Reynolds gives us some flexibility, because we just need a half that thinks attack first, which you can usually find across the league somewhere, compared to a long kicking game manager.

I've not seen Paix playing as a half and they've only ever compared him to Cronk, but does he give off any impression as being an attack minded half that can run a bit if they gave up on the hooker conversion and change him back to the halves?

If I'm Paix I'd be pretty pissed off about them wanting to change back to the halves, but it seems like he's never really wanted to be a hooker and with literally every other junior half gone he could Bradbury his way into the halves

Prior to his injury dufty was doing quite well too (2 good try assists and 1 almost try assist). If we could nab hynes/dufty or isaako could improve his support play, footy IQ, ball skills and urgency at the back (but this has not really improved in the past 10 rounds) our 2022 spine would be a lot more balanced.
Dufty from St George?
3 TA and 6 linebreaks
Hynes
7 TA and 8 linebreaks.....playing for the premiers
If only Isaako could do that.
4 TA and 7 linebreaks...playing for the wooden spooners
Yeah, if only. Of course, Isaako's team has had soft opposition...oh wait, that's Dufty's team.

Isaako has scored 45% of our total season points and set up another 16 points. This means he's responsible for over half our points this season and his contribution alone is greater than the rest of the team combined. Unbelievable.

Some of you only see what you want to see, forget the evidence.

Even if Piakura is (supposedly) on $50-100K less than what Walsh was asking, this still looks like a poor decision to keep a promising 2nd rower over a really promising fullback.

There's a rumour that Vunivalu is coming to the Broncos.

Dufty from St George?
3 TA and 6 linebreaks
Hynes
7 TA and 8 linebreaks.....playing for the premiers
If only Isaako could do that.
4 TA and 7 linebreaks...playing for the wooden spooners
Yeah, if only. Of course, Isaako's team has had soft opposition...oh wait, that's Dufty's team.

Isaako has scored 45% of our total season points and set up another 16 points. This means he's responsible for over half our points this season and his contribution alone is greater than the rest of the team combined. Unbelievable.

Some of you only see what you want to see, forget the evidence.
Isaako is not a premiership fullback. The difference between his best and worst is here to mars and back. Quoting isaako points is irrelevant as he is the goal kicker........
Most kickers in each team score majority of their points.
Dufty has more upside than isaako.

Is coming or we are offering him a contract cause the Vunivalu rumour was a couple days ago

Apparently will be here next year.

But I think it’s bullshit.

Apparently will be here next year.

But I think it’s bullshit.

What is the source of this rumour? We need a winger but not one on whatever he would want. I'd love to have him on a cheap deal though, he's elite.

What is the source of this rumour? We need a winger but not one on whatever he would want. I'd love to have him on a cheap deal though, he's elite.
Well if he’s regretting his choice he’ll take whatever he can get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.