Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I believe he will be on the wing and if the Vunivalu rumours are true I reckon Oates will be on his way out
Fair enough. I don't think the Broncos are even looking for another fullback. Oates future is certainly an issue. The Broncos are looking to be more frugal and removing bigger contracts does seem to be the goal. I don't know how long we have Oatesy for but I don't see him going anywhere voluntarily.

Fair enough. I don't think the Broncos are even looking for another fullback. Oates future is certainly an issue. The Broncos are looking to be more frugal and removing bigger contracts does seem to be the goal. I don't know how long we have Oatesy for but I don't see him going anywhere voluntarily.
PO next year, nothing beyond.

You will also find that most fullbacks in each team score more tries than most players and also set up tries and linebreaks. It's actually what a fullback does.
Just have a look at the elite fullbacks I mentioned. Even some of the lesser lights have high numbers in these categories.
Any of them play for a wooden spoon team?

How many fullbacks are directly responsible for 50% of their teams total points?

So, you're saying that Isaako is doing as well as them and that is actually what an NRL fullbacks job is and Isaako is doing that job as well as other fullbacks and he's doing it for the worst team in the competition, you're now saying he's a NRL standard fullback. Okay. Glad you finally worked it out. All by yourself ! You should be proud of yourself. Gold star.

Dufty from St George?
3 TA and 6 linebreaks
Hynes
7 TA and 8 linebreaks.....playing for the premiers
If only Isaako could do that.
4 TA and 7 linebreaks...playing for the wooden spooners
Yeah, if only. Of course, Isaako's team has had soft opposition...oh wait, that's Dufty's team.

Isaako has scored 45% of our total season points and set up another 16 points. This means he's responsible for over half our points this season and his contribution alone is greater than the rest of the team combined. Unbelievable.

Some of you only see what you want to see, forget the evidence.
7 TA for hynes before today. Add another 3 from today. You are not including line break assists also but feel free to pick and choose the stats you want.

i suppose why not run with a spine of runners who next year? Where reynolds will receive no other assistance with ball playing Or kicking relief. It has worked out well for our team so far....

7 TA for hynes before today. Add another 3 from today. You are not including line break assists also but feel free to pick and choose the stats you want.

i suppose why not run with a spine of runners who next year? Where reynolds will receive no other assistance with ball playing Or kicking relief. It has worked out well for our team so far....
Oh, I could have added 20 different stats. Hynes plays for the premiers surrounded by class and in a different position so gets a lot more touches and opportunities, surely you'd agree with that. Isaako plays for a team which had the worst defence and the worst attack last year and is on target again for the same this year. This makes his achievements much more meritorious.

Ahh yeah you're right, it was Corey Oates that got Black Caviared by Saab.
Still, once Coates leaves next year we'll be lacking speed unless they recruit well.
We’ll still have Karmichael.

I’ll show myself out.

In my head canon, this is my side next year:

1. Hynes
2. Hammer
3. Farnworth
4. Lee
5. Oates
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. B.Smith
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell/Su’A
12. Pangai Jr
13. ‘Glenn’

14. Turpin/Walters/Gamble
15. Bullemor
16. Kennedy/Flegler
17. Riki/Piakura

Hynes if we're super lucky, think there's buggar all chance Smith leaves while Bellyache is there - I bet the reason nothing has been firmed up is that Bellyache hasn't locked in for next year. If he goes, Smith might find somewhere else.

Hammer, isn't he signed for 2022?

Apart from BSmith, not many good 9s on offer at the moment that are 'gettable', you'd have to have a shot at Hodgson if he's unhappy - it's not perfect but at least he's got a solid footy head and the change in scenery might do him wonders on a 2 year deal. Either that or raid SL.

Vunivalu? Peachey?

**** sake, I’d just about have to give up on the Broncos if we signed those bell-ends.
100%, both are ...... not clever individuals.... I'll never forget Vunivalu trying to jump over a player and getting penalised. Dude just does dumb crap.... Peachey, good in broken play, but his attitude...

This Vunivalu rumour shows all the hallmarks of one reporter starting the rumour, only to be perpetuated by the rest.

p.s. according to the media, first we signed Brenko Lee to replace Coates, now we're looking at Vunivalu to replace Coates

I've changed my mind on Hynes.

Sign him.

If only the club didn’t take as long as this board to realise it. His asking price has likely gone up $100k+ since it was initially the obvious choice.

It typifies the attitude of the club over the past few years when we let Walsh go because we baulked at 400k a season....BUT we are going to attempt to sign Hynes for probably 100k more than that.
Nice work gents 👍

It typifies the attitude of the club over the past few years when we let Walsh go because we baulked at 400k a season....BUT we are going to attempt to sign Hynes for probably 100k more than that.
Nice work gents 👍
And we know this, how? I mean, has the club announced we are targeting Hynes and currently offering him 500k?

I'm surprised nobody has been talking about Peachey. He is an absolute gun off the bench, I'd be chasing him and telling him you want him to play bench. Also covers centres/halves/hooker/lock pending injuries and need him to start. Still under 30, has a solid 3-4 years in him you'd imagine.

Tyrone Peachey has been playing well this year because he's starting not because he is coming off the bench. The Titans have finally worked out that a utility off the bench is not where he is best used at. Peachey despite his improved play admits that his future at the Titans is uncertain. The problem for Peachey is he is finally putting it together in contract year after two years of rubbish. Its likely why the Titans are hesitant of resigning him. It may also indicate that he may have been slacking off in those two years previously. I do know though he wasn't happy in his first year because he didn't see eye to eye with Garth Brennan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Justwin
  • achievedrap
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • broncoscope
  • lynx000
  • Lazza
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.