Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox Sports have come out swinging over us missing Hynes. according to them we low-balled him and let Walsh walk.

then when talking about potential options, say that off contract Caleb Aekins isn't a player to build a backline around because he has played 19 games of first grade "mostly as a backup", lol ... have they forgotten that Hynes has also been used exclusively as a backup, lol
They had their narrative lined if we signed him or not.

If we did sign him they wouldve thrown up that he becomes a road block for Cobbo, and see history repeat itself with the Walsh situation occurring again... they were already positioning themselves for this one with the article a few weeks back.

Now that we didn't sign Hynes the narrative is that we wont have a fullback next year... even though they had literally just been spruking Cobbo

Also I hope to fucking God that we dont sign Aekins.... I think half of Canberra's problems are associated with losing CNK and only having him as the back up. He doesnt bring anything to the raiders side

Really hope we can bring Gagai, Capewell and Hodgson for 22.
Would be a dream if we can bring all 4
Gagai
Capewell
Hodgson
Sua

Really hope we can bring Gagai, Capewell and Hodgson for 22.
Would be a dream if we can bring all 4
Gagai
Capewell
Hodgson
Sua

If it came down to a choice between Capewell and Su’A, I’d take Capewell.

Re Herbie Farnsworth, he should be called 'the professor' from Futurama.

On Staggs at 6... isn't Milfords biggest strength his now non existent running game? Taking the line on? Something Staggs is 100 times better at. So we'll get someone who will take the line on and be a real handful at 6... what a shame that will be huh.

Staggs strength has been edge running, not running the ball in the same way Milf does ( or did ). I dont think he has that kind of footwork. His running game has always been about power and getting the ball in space.

The worst part of that article was the last quote from Kev re. Lodge.. "He'll be here for a few weeks yet". Pretty much confirms he's gone.

Yes it was a weird choice of words.

Isaako hasn't been as bad as many people want to believe. still a bit to work on but he's building nicely in his first full season at the back.

so far this season he has:

5 tries
6 try assists
1477 run meters (average of 123m per match)
7 line breaks
5 line break assists
48 tackle breaks
Only influenced the result twice.

Not good enough if we want to play finals next year.

Anyone who wants a little giggle head on over the LU and read how the Newcastle fans went from "what a piece of shit he is, I hope he rots in hell" to.. "is he still coming? he would be a good addition to our pack"

Regarding Matt Lodge

Anyone who wants a little giggle head on over the LU and read how the Newcastle fans went from "what a piece of shit he is, I hope he rots in hell" to.. "is he still coming? he would be a good addition to our pack"

Regarding Matt Lodge

Welcome to the NRL, home of the most fickle fanbases on earth.

We aren't any different though. When Lodge was first being rumored to sign with us, some on here were saying they didn't want him here. Now practically all of us are questioning why we're letting him go.

I'm a country boy and I've said multiple times you couldn't pay me enough to live in Sydney.

I think cost of living and lifestyle would be considered by anyone who has multiple job offers.

The shire is known to have both super trashy people and fake snobby people. Probably overstated.

I wonder if he is looking at premiership chances, I honestly think we are closer. I also wouldn't sign with a club that is in the headlines for the wrong reasons every 1 or 2 years.
Your last line nailed it. He didn't come to Brisbane for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Socnorb
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Bongo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.