Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Broncos have to get Hodgson now that they've missed out on other spine players. I don't care if he isn't as good as he used to be, he's better than what the Broncos have now, has experience, far more creativity and will be needed until the club can buy or develop someone better.

Hodgson and Reynolds would definitely be a step in the right direction. The extra leadership and experience is what this team needs in the spine.
they are both on the same timeline....all we have to do is put into motion the succesion plan for both of them once their contracts end.

We wont be offering extensions. So find their replacements while they are with us.

And hope we can then have a smooth transition to 2 vital parts of the spine..

they are both on the same timeline....all we have to do is put into motion the succesion plan for both of them once their contracts end.

We wont be offering extensions. So find their replacements while they are with us.

And hope we can then have a smopth transition to 2 vital parts of the spine..
Totally agree, try and open a ‘premiership window’ while Mam, Mozer and hopefully some other understudies learn and bide their time eventually taking over.

A hard no from me. We already have $500k in Croft sitting in ISC. Don’t need another entitled flog half who wants big cash and brings a shit attitude.
Croft is on 650k, if you're going to be inaccurate, do it properly.

We are currently linked with:

Hodgson
Pereira
Su'A
To a lesser extent - Capewell

If we could land Hodgson to go with Reynolds that would be absolutely amazing.

I'm not against Pereira, as i doubt he'd be expensive, similar to the Brenko Lee signing. gives us a bit of depth in the outside backs.

I'd prefer Capewell over Su'A (hopefully he chooses us over the Cowboys, given the similar offers). like the Cowboys did, we should roll out the red carpet when he's in town for Origin 2. Having said that Su'A wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

I'm not against Pereira, as i doubt he'd be expensive, similar to the Brenko Lee signing. gove us a bit of depth in the outside backs.

I'd prefer Capewell over Su'A (hopefully he chooses us over the Cowboys, given the similar offers). like the Cowboys did, we should roll out the red carpet when he's in town for Origin 2. Having said that Su'A wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.
Pereira could well be a decent cheap signing. I think we need to go harder and land Capewell - if we don’t want to pay over the reported $400 try and come up with some non-monetary incentives.

F@#K me! we currently have just over 2 million is first grade cap money parked in the cup! Milford, Oats, Croft, and Isaako. Does anyone else think we fucked up not signing Hynes? If Kevin wants to keep his job, Spine, Spine, Spine.

Sorry, send me over the contract particulars that you have a copy of.
Oh, I thought you said he was on 500k. I keep all the Broncos players contracts in the same place where you store your copies. I was just pointing out you were wrong, again.

F@#K me! we currently have just over 2 million is first grade cap money parked in the cup! Milford, Oats, Croft, and Isaako. Does anyone else think we fucked up not signing Hynes? If Kevin wants to keep his job, Spine, Spine, Spine.
Really, it's not all doom and gloom is it? It's only for 10 or so more games and suddenly it's halved. That still leaves us 9 million to spread around and if you're an optimistic type those three will come good ! Cheer up🥳

Oh, I thought you said he was on 500k. I keep all the Broncos players contracts in the same place where you store your copies. I was just pointing out you were wrong, again.
Cya huge 👋
Have fun with your Nigerian prince scam.

Croft is on 650k, if you're going to be inaccurate, do it properly.
Coming To America Bar GIF
What….

the F ??!

is this correct ?

Reynolds and Hodgson allow us to bring on a 1 and 6 while they shoulder the load. Lee strengthens our centres and if we get Capewell (preferably) or Su'A, it helps strengthen one of our edges. If we landed those guys, I'd then be looking for some solid first grade forwards, guys who are no frills but can at least tackle. In fact, I'd be going for guys who can purely just tackle.

Not really. Hynes made the right move for himself. He is at a team with a highly rated rookie coach out of the roosters system and is closer to his family. It sucks for us, but we must move on.

We had Walsh here though. He's now a dark horse for an origin jersey (due to injury, but still there). That's where we should be looking at what went wrong. If Gus Gould and Nathan Brown weren't afraid to play him at NRL level, why were we so hesitant?

However this season isn't over. There is one more thing I want to see this year at some point, and that's Farnworth and Staggs together in the spine. Staggs at 5/8th, Farnworth at Fullback. It may not workout, but I still would like to see it.

Coming To America Bar GIF
What….

the F ??!

is this correct ?
Nahhhh! I was just playing with some numpty who makes shit up. I believe Croft signed for around 330 a season over three years. He wasn't in demand and as far as I remember he was out of favour.

Nahhhh! I was just playing with some numpty who makes shit up. I believe Croft signed for around 330 a season over three years. He wasn't in demand and as far as I remember he was out of favour.
Ah huh, yeah I always thought they’d got him for about $350,000 / yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • jarro65
  • lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • LittleDavey
  • kat00
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.