Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
bronx89

bronx89

QCup Player
Nov 20, 2014
Nahhhh! I was just playing with some numpty who makes shit up. I believe Croft signed for around 330 a season over three years. He wasn't in demand and as far as I remember he was out of favour.
Speaking of making shit up around the 300 number mark, I didn’t realise you were in property valuations…. You pulled that number out of your ass you old senile to make yourself feel better about your win on your unit. Good for you though keeps your mind stimulated because it’s pretty apparent you are unable to have a discussion without throwing your toys out of the cot.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Ah huh, yeah I always thought they’d got him for about $350,000 / yr
One of the others claimed he was on 500k and hence my post about the fictitious 650k. Still, we do have about 2.1/2.2 million in guys playing reggies so it's not great. I haven't given up on Croft, Oates and Isaako and reckon we'll see all three back at some stage.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Speaking of making shit up around the 300 number mark, I didn’t realise you were in property valuations…. You pulled that number out of your ass you old senile to make yourself feel better about your win on your unit. Good for you though keeps your mind stimulated because it’s pretty apparent you are unable to have a discussion without throwing your toys out of the cot.
Actually I do know a bit about value of property. Not an expert but I have some idea about value. I do feel as though I got lucky because I certainly didn't see covid coming or the effect it would have on property values in the touristy areas. Not sure I needed anything 'to make me feel better about my win'...I already felt pretty good about it!

Just don't make shit up nor rewrite or misrepresent my position and you'll find I'm more than reasonable.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
Does Niu remind anybody else of a 90's style halfback or is it just me? That grubber the other night where he scored looked like something Andrew Johns would of tried.

bronx89

bronx89

QCup Player
Nov 20, 2014
Actually I do know a bit about value of property. Not an expert but I have some idea about value. I do feel as though I got lucky because I certainly didn't see covid coming or the effect it would have on property values in the touristy areas. Not sure I needed anything 'to make me feel better about my win'...I already felt pretty good about it!

Just don't make shit up nor rewrite or misrepresent my position and you'll find I'm more than reasonable.
What qualifications do you have on property valuations?

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Can't wait to see half our 2015 GF team at the Dragons next year.

Milf and Hunt together again. Maybe.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Does Niu remind anybody else of a 90's style halfback or is it just me? That grubber the other night where he scored looked like something Andrew Johns would of tried.
So now we have the next Andrew Johns.. other clubs are getting the brief cases ready

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
So now we have the next Andrew Johns.. other clubs are getting the brief cases ready.
And here I was thinking they would be going boat shopping. 🙄

Niu isn't close to Johns or Sam Walker. But it looks like there is enough there to more him to the halves if he fails at Fullback.

Although, he would be a hell of a utility player if he could cover five-eighth, centre, hooker and fullback. Then add halfback later.

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
And here I was thinking they would be going boat shopping. 🙄

Niu isn't close to Johns or Sam Walker. But it looks like there is enough there to more him to the halves if he fails at Fullback.

Although, he would be a hell of a utility player if he could cover five-eighth, centre, hooker and fullback. Then add halfback later.
Really? I think he looks like a good touch footy player personally.

Remains to be seen if he can do anything in league and whether he has any footy smarts.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
F@#K me! we currently have just over 2 million is first grade cap money parked in the cup! Milford, Oats, Croft, and Isaako. Does anyone else think we fucked up not signing Hynes? If Kevin wants to keep his job, Spine, Spine, Spine.

Croft isn't even that, he's played one game for Wynnum a month ago.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
A hard no from me. We already have $500k in Croft sitting in ISC. Don’t need another entitled flog half who wants big cash and brings a shit attitude.
I've seen nothing to suggest Croft is an entitled flog with a shit attitude. He is a hard worker with a good attitude by all reports, and he tries his guts out, he just lacks talent.
I think you have this bit wrong.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
F@#K me! we currently have just over 2 million is first grade cap money parked in the cup! Milford, Oats, Croft, and Isaako. Does anyone else think we fucked up not signing Hynes? If Kevin wants to keep his job, Spine, Spine, Spine.
Nobody that's paying attention thinks that, no. We didn't lose Hynes over money. We didn't sign Hynes because Brisbane isn't in NSW.

T

Twbapony

QCup Player
Oct 8, 2019
Given our current spine, he might have to do that all in a game, Possibly even the same set. Honestly I think we have to stop looking for all-rounders and get good talent to play, and perfect, one position. All these wingers wanting to be in the second row, centers wanting to be FB for the payday, FB getting pineappled into the halves, its not good. Lockyer was only moved because we needed it, and he was starting to slow down from FB, Khunt took that over and did nothing but focus on it. Those were good times.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Take this with a grain of salt but Robert Craddock posted these exact words today. I haven't found him particularly reliable but for what it's worth:

"Hooker Jake Turpin was captain of the Broncos a few weeks ago but now he is dealing with the fact that the club are close to signing Canberra rake Josh Hodgson."

He also reminded us the club is still paying Jack Bird to play for St George.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Take this with a grain of salt but Robert Craddock posted these exact words today. I haven't found him particularly reliable but for what it's worth:

"Hooker Jake Turpin was captain of the Broncos a few weeks ago but now he is dealing with the fact that the club are close to signing Canberra rake Josh Hodgson."

He also reminded us the club is still paying Jack Bird to play for St George.
I still don’t see what we gained by letting Bird go this year considering we are paying part of his salary. It is not like we went out and bought a quality player to replace him.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I'm not against Pereira, as i doubt he'd be expensive, similar to the Brenko Lee signing. gives us a bit of depth in the outside backs.
If you reckon either of them aren’t starting next year you’ve got rocks in your heads… I think your underestimating how bad our outside backs are… the only 2 good ones we have next year are Herbie (who I hope to god isn’t playing fullback) and Cobbo who are both inexperienced and neither really set the world on fire so far. So really there is no chance that Pereira and Brenko don’t start. But in saying that I agree it would be the right signing for us to make.

1. Niu
2. Cobbo
3. Farnworth
4. Lee
5. Pereira
Still not setting the world on fire but that’s our best option… only other change possibly would be if Oates or Mead somehow found some really good form otherwise they can be our depth players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.