Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really throwing the baby out with the bath water stuff.
Seems nobody at the Broncos know how to fix this so they’re just going to burn it to the ground to start again.
Getting rid of players is fine if it serves a purpose - freeing up cash, a roster spot or allowing the addition of a superior player.

Dumping players just for the sake of it just to replace them with whatever scraps are available is stupidity and won’t fix anything.
Will dumping TPJ for Su’A make us a better team? I doubt it. Can anyone here really try to justify that a plodder like Pereira is more of an asset than Isaako?

People here love to hate and blame our players for bad performances and act like every other off contract player are far superior white knight saviours, but it doesn’t make it the case. Chopping a bunch of players who will easily find homes at other clubs in order to sign a bunch of rejects / bottom of the barrel of free agency is not going to lead to improvement.

What makes it even more unbelievable is that we’re cutting a bunch of players with real talent - a lot of them have problems with consistency or discipline or attention or what have you - but that’s part of coaching, to turn these rough diamonds into polished gems - not ship them off to rival clubs (where I’m sure we’ll have to pay freight for some if not all) just to replace them with lumps of coal. Not all change is good - this is just churn for the sake of it.

TPJ is an out and out match winner and talented footy player. If we’re too lazy, stupid and useless to turn him into a consistent force then that’s our loss and another team will benefit from our shortcomings.

That’s how my 8yo son tackles. He really doesn’t like the front on contact. Because they don’t keep score and he’s as skinny as a stick the hubby and I have told him to gtfo of the way of the giant kids so he doesn’t get hurt.
Looks like kev has a similar coaching philosophy.

Good move. I wasn’t happy when Pangai was given his 10th chance last season. If he and Isaako go to the Tigers then even better. They won’t come back to bite us playing for them.

I don’t know who we have coming but if we lose lodge, pangai, isaako, Glenn Coates, Oates and Milford coupled with not subsidising bird and McColloughs contracts then we surely have a **** tonne of cash to spend. Reynolds is a straight swap for Milford + we have 300k extra to spend.

Smoking Joe said only up from here and I believe him. I finally feel as though we are getting rid of the deadwood and stench of failure. Next year could be a so my better 👍🏻

Seems nobody at the Broncos know how to fix this so they’re just going to burn it to the ground to start again.
Getting rid of players is fine if it serves a purpose - freeing up cash, a roster spot or allowing the addition of a superior player.

Dumping players just for the sake of it just to replace them with whatever scraps are available is stupidity and won’t fix anything.
Will dumping TPJ for Su’A make us a better team? I doubt it. Can anyone here really try to justify that a plodder like Pereira is more of an asset than Isaako?

People here love to hate and blame our players for bad performances and act like every other off contract player are far superior white knight saviours, but it doesn’t make it the case. Chopping a bunch of players who will easily find homes at other clubs in order to sign a bunch of rejects / bottom of the barrel of free agency is not going to lead to improvement.

What makes it even more unbelievable is that we’re cutting a bunch of players with real talent - a lot of them have problems with consistency or discipline or attention or what have you - but that’s part of coaching, to turn these rough diamonds into polished gems - not ship them off to rival clubs (where I’m sure we’ll have to pay freight for some if not all) just to replace them with lumps of coal. Not all change is good - this is just churn for the sake of it.

TPJ is an out and out match winner and talented footy player. If we’re too lazy, stupid and useless to turn him into a consistent force then that’s our loss and another team will benefit from our shortcomings.

Not sure if you watched the game tonight. Or the last few weeks.

Its ok to want to clear house but the problem is tho where are the replacements coming from.

You don't get it, Harry.

They can be potentially future immortals and it wouldn't make a difference. They don't want to be here.

I don't care who leaves. Every one of them is Q Cup standard on a good day. But we HAVE to replace them with good players, or we'll fucked for the next decade.

Not sure if you watched the game tonight. Or the last few weeks.
Watched every game this year.
I seriously doubt we would have been any better if we had replaced players like TPJ and Isaako with whatever spare parts are available in free agency.

You don't get it, Harry.

They can be potentially future immortals and it wouldn't make a difference. They don't want to be here.

i get that, but why would they want to be here? No player has any reason to want to be here.
The point is to use the talent we have to build something that makes players want to be here.
In the modern age, players are mercenaries and we have to accept that and treat it like the business it is UNTIL we’re in the position where we have a strong culture like storm or Roosters where players want to be involved.

i get that, but why would they want to be here? No player has any reason to want to be here.
The point is to use the talent we have to build something that makes players want to be here.
In the modern age, players are mercenaries and we have to accept that and treat it like the business it is UNTIL we’re in the position where we have a strong culture like storm or Roosters where players want to be involved.

I hope you've got a comfy chair mate. We DID have that sort of culture, well established for a damn long time. Now we're looking like equaling that same period of time with an era at the other end of the spectrum.

The players have checked out, the administration couldn't care less and Walters is out of ideas and panicking. It may as well be a mirror image of last year and Seibold was flicked because of it. I think the fact that he is a club legend is just about the only thing protecting Kev's job at this point, because the board are scared shitless of the consequences of sacking their 2nd coach in 2 years.

If Kev actually gave a shit about the club's legacy, his own legacy and the survival of both, he should resign tomorrow, get on Fox League and just air out the dirty laundry. All of it, from top to bottom, NDA's be fucked. It's about time some names were put to this catastrophe, because maybe then some accountability might dare to sneak back into the place.

We won’t get any good signings because we will be paying 50% of their salaries

I hope you've got a comfy chair mate. We DID have that sort of culture, well established for a damn long time. Now we're looking like equaling that same period of time with an era at the other end of the spectrum.

The players have checked out, the administration couldn't care less and Walters is out of ideas and panicking. It may as well be a mirror image of last year and Seibold was flicked because of it. I think the fact that he is a club legend is just about the only thing protecting Kev's job at this point, because the board are scared shitless of the consequences of sacking their 2nd coach in 2 years.

If Kev actually gave a shit about the club's legacy, his own legacy and the survival of both, he should resign tomorrow, get on Fox League and just air out the dirty laundry. All of it, from top to bottom, NDA's be fucked. It's about time some names were put to this catastrophe, because maybe then some accountability might dare to sneak back into the place.

I couldn’t agree more with all of this, I just still don’t see how dumping talented players in demand at other clubs just to sign replacements who either want too much money or are unwanted by other clubs will fix the situation?

how about we take a broom to our scouting team, to our physio team and to the board who got us in this mess?

I couldn’t agree more with all of this, I just still don’t see how dumping talented players in demand at other clubs just to sign replacements who either want too much money or are unwanted by other clubs will fix the situation?

how about we take a broom to our scouting team, to our physio team and to the board who got us in this mess?

When the limb has gone gangrenous, you amputate. It's as simple as that. I couldn't care less if we replace TPJ with some journeyman second rower, as long as that journeyman actually plays like he gives a toss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • blacknwhite
  • mrslong
  • Galah
  • pennywisealfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • Footy Fanatic
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosarethebest
  • armchair
  • Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.