Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe Kev is genius and he’s got the money ball approach all mapped out in his head….**** knows

Coates mentioned the Storm has a money ball approach to their system so I'd assume it's Donuts not Kev that's bringing that recruitment strategy over to the Broncos. I've been saying for ages like 5 years ago the Broncs should money ball the team, maybe they might start doing it. If the movie is anything to go by, the team will get worse before they become better.

Coates mentioned the Storm has a money ball approach to their system so I'd assume it's Donuts not Kev that's bringing that recruitment strategy over to the Broncos. I've been saying for ages like 5 years ago the Broncs should money ball the team, maybe they might start doing it. If the movie is anything to go by, the team will get worse before they become better.
I just want players that are good in defence, I love that side of the game and I find it almost as exciting at scoring try’s, defence has always won premierships and there is only a handful of our guys that are half decent at it currently.

sad

Yes. Quite easily. We won the spoon last year, we’re sitting at last again half way into this season. Great move.
AT least it’s only halfway through the season, we can’t do any worse than last, if a few players suddenly start thinking about their potential “brand” being damaged, they might actually start trying and maybe we’ll jag a game or 2…

One more and it’s already more successful than last year!

And people say I’m too negative…

AT least it’s only halfway through the season, we can’t do any worse than last, if a few players suddenly start thinking about their potential “brand” being damaged, they might actually start trying and maybe we’ll jag a game or 2…

One more and it’s already more successful than last year!

And people say I’m too negative…
We won’t win another game, I just can’t see it.

you may call me captain negative.

Finucane is a leader mate, does the hard stuff and is respectable off the field. He is exactly what we need.
He's looking for a payday. I'm guessing he'd be asking for more than I think he's worth, epsecially if the storm want to keep him but aren't willing to match his demands.

I just want players that are good in defence, I love that side of the game and I find it almost as exciting at scoring try’s, defence has always won premierships and there is only a handful of our guys that are half decent at it currently.

sad
Lol you poor poor thing. Liking defence in this era of football, and a Bronx supporter. Hugs.

I hope we get some movement soon and actually have something to make us positive as supporters. Last year we at least had the dream it would be different as Pies was gone. I am happy with Reynolds but we need more and soon.

This is really throwing the baby out with the bath water stuff.
Seems nobody at the Broncos know how to fix this so they’re just going to burn it to the ground to start again.
Getting rid of players is fine if it serves a purpose - freeing up cash, a roster spot or allowing the addition of a superior player.

Dumping players just for the sake of it just to replace them with whatever scraps are available is stupidity and won’t fix anything.
Will dumping TPJ for Su’A make us a better team? I doubt it. Can anyone here really try to justify that a plodder like Pereira is more of an asset than Isaako?

People here love to hate and blame our players for bad performances and act like every other off contract player are far superior white knight saviours, but it doesn’t make it the case. Chopping a bunch of players who will easily find homes at other clubs in order to sign a bunch of rejects / bottom of the barrel of free agency is not going to lead to improvement.

What makes it even more unbelievable is that we’re cutting a bunch of players with real talent - a lot of them have problems with consistency or discipline or attention or what have you - but that’s part of coaching, to turn these rough diamonds into polished gems - not ship them off to rival clubs (where I’m sure we’ll have to pay freight for some if not all) just to replace them with lumps of coal. Not all change is good - this is just churn for the sake of it.

TPJ is an out and out match winner and talented footy player. If we’re too lazy, stupid and useless to turn him into a consistent force then that’s our loss and another team will benefit from our shortcomings.
Why hasn't he won us games then?
It's time to move on , some of these players will go on to be good players with other teams but they haven't performed as a team.
You can only point your finger at the coaches and refs for so long .

Joey said on 9 that he spoke to Kev a month or so ago, and that Kev went into detail about the state of the salary cap - the conversation has Joey believing that the rebuild will take 5+ years to fix it.

Joey said on 9 that he spoke to Kev a month or so ago, and that Kev went into detail about the state of the salary cap - the conversation has Joey believing that the rebuild will take 5+ years to fix it.
Maybe smokin joe is in fact smokin joey?

Why hasn't he won us games then?
It's time to move on , some of these players will go on to be good players with other teams but they haven't performed as a team.
You can only point your finger at the coaches and refs for so long .

We do have good players and i agree, some will go on to be very good elsewhere, and if we were performing better as a team TPJ would still be useful. But we arent, losing is ingrained in us now and we need to make changes.

In regards to Pangai, he has looked good, and he has been a weapon in attack, but you see people like Slater constantly picking his defence apart with how passive and lazy he is in defence. He can put on a big shots which get everyone hyped up, but he doesnt compete for 80 mins as well as he could. He is pretty much a walking highlight reel in someways which masks what he doesnt do.

What's everyone thoughts on Peachy, for a ball playing lock type role ?
Think he is looking for a new deal

That’s gotta be based on Lodges contract with his options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Tim K
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mister Wright
  • LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Mustafur
  • Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.