Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we'll make a few signings in the next month or two, but perhaps we are clearing space to make moves come Nov 1 where we can sign players for 2023 with the hope of getting an early release for 2022.

This whole NRL contract system needs a shake up.

With the Warriors looking to have signed Widdop, apparently Kodi Nikorima wants to come back to an Aussie based club. Couldn't do any worse than sign Kodi as I think he has improved a bit since he was moved on by Siebo.

With the Warriors looking to have signed Widdop, apparently Kodi Nikorima wants to come back to an Aussie based club. Couldn't do any worse than sign Kodi as I think he has improved a bit since he was moved on by Siebo.
Ideally i think we should be chasing S. Johnson but ill be happy with Kodi Nikorima as well (i guess will be cheaper as well). I think Kodi and Reynolds can be a good 6 and 7. Kodi has definitely improved since leaving

Ideally i think we should be chasing S. Johnson but ill be happy with Kodi Nikorima as well (i guess will be cheaper as well). I think Kodi and Reynolds can be a good 6 and 7. Kodi has definitely improved since leaving
Yes and being an ex Bronco he would probably want to be here too.

We do have good players and i agree, some will go on to be very good elsewhere, and if we were performing better as a team TPJ would still be useful. But we arent, losing is ingrained in us now and we need to make changes.

In regards to Pangai, he has looked good, and he has been a weapon in attack, but you see people like Slater constantly picking his defence apart with how passive and lazy he is in defence. He can put on a big shots which get everyone hyped up, but he doesnt compete for 80 mins as well as he could. He is pretty much a walking highlight reel in someways which masks what he doesnt do.
Exactly, need to shake the losing mentally. The way I see it Kevvie has given most the opportunity to show what they got for 15 rnds and now it's time to strip it down and build again.

Joey said on 9 that he spoke to Kev a month or so ago, and that Kev went into detail about the state of the salary cap - the conversation has Joey believing that the rebuild will take 5+ years to fix it.
Unless it’s his opinion on the quality of the gear he’s just shelved, Joey has proven time and again he’s got NFI about anything else, particularly football club administration.

This would have me believe those listed are well and truly in the crosshairs.

Attachments

• FBFDB0E2-E768-4089-80C2-253463B46752.jpeg
    FBFDB0E2-E768-4089-80C2-253463B46752.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 222
Joey said on 9 that he spoke to Kev a month or so ago, and that Kev went into detail about the state of the salary cap - the conversation has Joey believing that the rebuild will take 5+ years to fix it.
Why the F would Kev give up details like that, if so, KW needs to be sacked.

I just hope we aren’t moving all these players on just to pay too much for Hodgson. He doesn’t run enough. The teams doing well tend to have good running hookers

I just hope we aren’t moving all these players on just to pay too much for Hodgson. He doesn’t run enough. The teams doing well tend to have good running hookers
the teams that do well generally don't have Turpin, Gamble and hunt in their spine. Its kinda sad that Niu is getting a pass mark to stay at fullback for the time being

On Morning Glory with Matty Johns this morning, the boys (including Andrew Johns) talk about the game last night and the issues (that we already know) the Broncos have and the long time it will take to rebuild.

Worth a listen

The board and football department need to be held accountable for this mess, it's their fault. This is the problem with being a public company, us fans don't have as much influence on the board or the ability to drive change. As I have proposed before on this forum, as die-hard fans, I think we need to do more to demand change instead of sitting around whinging about it on a forum.

Wow, what about the ***** that caused this bullshit.

I would be offering Croft, Flegler, Kennar and Turpin the same option while not re-signing Copley, Glenn, Levi, Milford and Te'o. Get rid of anyone who wants out or sucks. I am not sure I believe our cap is that fucked, as we would have to be over the cap during the last few years. Strip our wooden spoon NRL.

I would be offering Croft, Flegler, Kennar and Turpin the same option while not re-signing Copley, Glenn, Levi, Milford and Te'o. Get rid of anyone who wants out or sucks. I am not sure I believe our cap is that fucked, as we would have to be over the cap during the last few years. Strip our wooden spoon NRL.
would be on board with this.

If anyone beleives its a 5 year roster rebuild, they are nuts. The only player close to the next 5 years is Haas.

Joey would also embellish or change numbers for protecting his and Kevs reputation. If Joey was to divulge off the record details it would ruin both their media careers and burn many bridges. All journos know when private info is private, and to protect both parties they change numbers, date, years times etc - they rarely would breach this unless they have a reason to torch the person. I think Rothfield is the only one in recent memory who has done this.

Im thinking in terms of the long game, although hodgson may have seen his best go by, he has a good footy brain and has been a top tier hooker and we have someone (going by "macca" or dossier) by some accounts may be good to go first grade in a couple years time who will really benefit from that tutelage.

We need more than just good individual players. We are needing those players that make their team mates better too.

This cap screwed for 5 years talk is rubbish. We can have 23 players removed by the 2023 season if we wanted.

Not signed next year: 12 players
Ben Te'o
Keenan Palasia
Niu
Milford
Levi
Kennar
Glenn
Gamble
Copley
Coates
Asiata
Arthars

Off contract next year or PO: 11 players
Bullemor
Carrigan
Croft
Farnworth
Isaako
Kennedy
Mead
Oates
Paix
TPJ
Turpin

Signed until 2023: 2 players
Cobbo
Flegler

Signed until 2024: 7 players
Lodge (if he takes the PO)
Staggs
Robati
Riki
Reynolds
Piakura
Haas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • Morepudding
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • kiwi2
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.