Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
This off field clean out is not before time.
The only problem I have with it is it doesn’t include the board who are immune from scrutiny from Donaghy.
Some of those flogs especially Morris should be shown the door as well.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Hodges - backs
Parker - forwards
Henry- assistant
Defence coach ?
The guy in dark blue goes pretty well. 100% success rate to be precise.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Losing games, and losing games badly sucks, but i do like that we are making decisions (clear out of senior officials) now and not waiting until pre season. The season is done, may as well get started on the next

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
View attachment 13617

This cap screwed for 5 years talk is rubbish. We can have 23 players removed by the 2023 season if we wanted.

Not signed next year: 12 players
Ben Te'o
Keenan Palasia
Niu
Milford
Levi
Kennar
Glenn
Gamble
Copley
Coates
Asiata
Arthars

Off contract next year or PO: 11 players
Bullemor
Carrigan
Croft
Farnworth
Isaako
Kennedy
Mead
Oates
Paix
TPJ
Turpin

Signed until 2023: 2 players
Cobbo
Flegler

Signed until 2024: 7 players
Lodge (if he takes the PO)
Staggs
Robati
Riki
Reynolds
Piakura
Haas
Biggest issue is how much money we pay lodge and TPJ to move on. If we can do it from this year's cap that is the best possible outcome. Talk is we will pay half Lodge's salary to move him on about 1-1.2 in total. If we could wear a lot of this in this years cap it will help immensely

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Biggest issue is how much money we pay lodge and TPJ to move on. If we can do it from this year's cap that is the best possible outcome. Talk is we will pay half Lodge's salary to move him on about 1-1.2 in total. If we could wear a lot of this in this years cap it will help immensely
I don’t think we will need to pay much of TPJs contract. I think a big reason he’s being moved in is because we don’t need to pay much / anything for him to go, where as with lodge and Flegler we need to pay a lot.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Joey said on 9 that he spoke to Kev a month or so ago, and that Kev went into detail about the state of the salary cap - the conversation has Joey believing that the rebuild will take 5+ years to fix it.
I want what Joey is smoking sometimes. 5 years to fix the salary cap... you could EASILY have 90% of this squad COMPLETLY off the books in a maximum of 3 years.

5+ years to build standards and get mojo yes. But that is not the same....

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I imagine a strong forward pack including Haas, TPJ and Lodge was used as a selling point for a bloke like Reynolds. Now we are gonna be going out with a Flegler/Haas/Carrigan starting middle. This will only work if we sign both Su'a and Capewell to cover our now weaker edges.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I imagine a strong forward pack including Haas, TPJ and Lodge was used as a selling point for a bloke like Reynolds. Now we are gonna be going out with a Flegler/Haas/Carrigan starting middle. This will only work if we sign both Su'a and Capewell to cover our now weaker edges.
I think sua would be pretty valuable to Reynolds considering he’ll be moving to a new club and state. A familiar face and someone who’ll know his game will be a big help in getting him settled.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Should we seriously be considering SJ? Him and Reynolds….he doesn’t seem to have any suitors atm maybe we could get him at 650k/700k?
Yes two ageing halves is risky but I feel having both would potentially limit the pressure placed on having just one dominant half and limiting the decline in doing so.

spit balling here, love to here what others think?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Should we seriously be considering SJ? Him and Reynolds….he doesn’t seem to have any suitors atm maybe we could get him at 650k/700k?
Yes two ageing halves is risky but I feel having both would potentially limit the pressure placed on having just one dominant half and limiting the decline in doing so.

spit balling here, love to here what others think?
Would love SJ.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Imagine a spine of Hodgo, Arey, SJ (Niko if we can’t get SJ), CNK (assuming the raiders want Dufty). Seems achievable for next season with Grant being the guy we throw 1.25 mil+ at when he’s off contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Spooky1013
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosMan
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Lostboy
  • Old Mate
  • eggstar10
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • lakers133334
  • Cavalo
  • Totally Unr3al
  • broncsgoat
  • Scdeac
  • Midean
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.