Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
You’d also get more years with Kodi, makes transitioning to new halves a bit easier than having SJ and Reynolds retire around the same time.
Kodi isn't a dominant half though so whoever the next half coming through suddenly has to carry Knik.

I would go SJ, because he offers us a 2nd halfback if Reynolds goes down. If Reynolds goes down for any time next year we have zero halfbacks at the club (as evidenced by this year).

I like Kodi, but I'd be going after SJ first. If we miss out on SJ then by all means go after Kodi.

Also noting that Kodi isn't off contract next year... he just wants to return home. Warriors may not release him until next year.

SJ is off contract right now

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Kodi isn't a dominant half though so whoever the next half coming through suddenly has to carry Knik.

I would go SJ, because he offers us a 2nd halfback if Reynolds goes down. If Reynolds goes down for any time next year we have zero halfbacks at the club (as evidenced by this year).
All I’m saying is that kodi was our halfback for 2 seasons and I think we will hang on to Albert

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
All I’m saying is that kodi was our halfback for 2 seasons and I think we will hang on to Albert
I'd say Milf was the actual halfback.. he just wasn't wearing the 7 jersey.

I hope we hang onto Albert... very handy player and he may be happy to hang around, but I'm not sure we go longer than 1yr extension

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well they are looking for a half this year but a free halves spot allows them to play Walsh in the halves and get RTS back playing fullback

Exactly and I think they would go with it, particularly if they get Widdop.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Exactly and I think they would go with it, particularly if they get Widdop.
I don’t want to risk tipping off the warriors but gee Lodge, DWZ, and Widdop aren’t good signings. Lodge is alright but the other two sheesh

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I don’t want to risk tipping off the warriors but gee Lodge, DWZ, and Widdop aren’t good signings. Lodge is alright but the other two sheesh

Probably but I couldn't care less for any club other than the Broncos.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Yep, I am certain the Warriors would entertain it.
Im not sure anymore. Didnt their other half go down with a pec injury?

This week they are running with kodi and SOS in the halves.

Tristan1990

Tristan1990

QCup Player
Sep 29, 2016
Off contract and likely released anyway: Milf, Asiata, Coates, Kennar, Copley, Levi
Retirement: Glenn, Te'o
Looking to offload: Lodge, TPJ, Oates, Croft, Isaako

50/50: Fanitesi Niu, Jesse Arthars, Keenan Palasia

So of the top 30 or so players I'd say they are looking to get rid of 13 - 16 of them... and of them Milf, TPJ, Lodge, Oates and Croft are likely amongst the top earners if not the top of the salary cap outside of Haas.
I find it hard to believe the cap is such a mess

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I would happily take Nikorima back to partner Reynolds.

I was watching how well Reynolds squared up the defensive line the other night for Walker and was thinking how dominant Nikorima would be if he had that much room to work with.

9. Josh Hodgson
7. Adam Reynolds
6. Kodi Nikorima
1. Herbie Farnworth

The other thing we need to look at is a ball playing lock - Murray, Yeo & Radley do so much for their respective sides, we need to find our version of that. Asiata has been serviceable and does a great job at squaring up the defensive line, however I think he's lacking a lot in other areas, can't bend the line at all, constantly having HIA / neck issues, etc.

Connor Watson & Tyrone Peachey are the 2 players off-contract who fit that bill - I think Watson would be a seriously good signing at 13.

I think this is a very achievable, very competitive side.

1. Herbie Farnworth
2. Jordan Pereira
3. Brenko Lee
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Selwyn Cobbo
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Adam Reynolds (c)
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Payne Haas
11. Brendan Piakura
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Connor Watson

14. Cory Paix
15. TC Robati
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Ethan Bullemor

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I would happily take Nikorima back to partner Reynolds.

I was watching how well Reynolds squared up the defensive line the other night for Walker and was thinking how dominant Nikorima would be if he had that much room to work with.

9. Josh Hodgson
7. Adam Reynolds
6. Kodi Nikorima
1. Herbie Farnworth

The other thing we need to look at is a ball playing lock - Murray, Yeo & Radley do so much for their respective sides, we need to find our version of that. Asiata has been serviceable and does a great job at squaring up the defensive line, however I think he's lacking a lot in other areas, can't bend the line at all, constantly having HIA / neck issues, etc.

Connor Watson & Tyrone Peachey are the 2 players off-contract who fit that bill - I think Watson would be a seriously good signing at 13.

I think this is a very achievable, very competitive side.

1. Herbie Farnworth
2. Jordan Pereira
3. Brenko Lee
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Selwyn Cobbo
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Adam Reynolds (c)
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Payne Haas
11. Brendan Piakura
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Connor Watson

14. Cory Paix
15. TC Robati
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Ethan Bullemor

**** Flegler off and you've got a deal.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
**** Flegler off and you've got a deal.

Yeah, that selection is purely due to lack of options. If we're looking for a young forward that we might be able to get for cheap, I think Thomas Mikaele has a lot more to offer. Brisbane boy, off-contract at the Tigers and likely falling out of favour with the rise of Utoikamanu, Blore, Seyfarth, etc.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Haven’t seen anything to suggest that herbie will be a good fullback. He’s a bit of an idiot, fairly useless under high ball and never passes.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Haven’t seen anything to suggest that herbie will be a good fullback. He’s a bit of an idiot, fairly useless under high ball and never passes.

The fact that he's got a good work rate and is arguably the only person on the roster who can reliably beat a man every time he runs the ball is reason enough for me to believe he'll be a better Fullback than anyone else on the roster. Cobbo has that potential, but he's a couple of years away.

In regards to his lack of passing; it's hard to be a Centre that draws and passes when you're given no space when you receive the ball. The only time he's got room to pass is when he's busted a couple of tackles and poked his nose through the line.

With the proposed spine above, he won't need to have an elite ball playing or kicking game, he'll have 2 jobs. Catch the ball, run the ball. I believe he'll do both very well.

As it stands he's arguably the best running Centre in the game, averaging nearly 145m per game (Comfortably #1 for Centre's in the NRL in terms of running metres per game). I believe he'll have no issue bumping that up to 200m per game at Fullback. Worry about polishing his game up as the years go on, at the moment, we need guys at the back who run the football hard, and a lot. Exactly why I think Pereira is a great signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• john1420
  • Sproj
  • Bronco bob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Manofoneway
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.