Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s herbie’s ball playing? I never see him look to pass whenever he gets the ball even though our support play is horrendous..
Because when Herbie was playing centre and making breaks, Isaako was the fullback, so Herbie, like the rest of us, knew he was on his Pat Malone.

I think he will surprise a few there. The rest of this year should be the time we try him out there because Niu isnt ever going to be the answer. Give Herbie a good run at fullback and see if he looks like he can be developed there. Nothing to lose really.

Still think our forward pack needs somebody like Nicholls or Liu and add a good ISC prop like Grant into the mix. Think there is some good value in that.
Yeah, I think he's probably the best option at the moment. I'm not convinced by Niu at all - I know he hasn't played many games, but I think he might be Isaako 0.9, only that he's still new and fresh.

You deserve a ban for this comment.
All jokes aside can we keep making posts to get past this page before something really shit happens like them announcing that upon reflection Peter Nolan has been given a lifetime contract.

I think he will surprise a few there. The rest of this year should be the time we try him out there because Niu isnt ever going to be the answer. Give Herbie a good run at fullback and see if he looks like he can be developed there. Nothing to lose really.

Still think our forward pack needs somebody like Nicholls or Liu and add a good ISC prop like Grant into the mix. Think there is some good value in that.
Happy to try him there but I still believe Niu is the better fullback prospect . Farnsworth could be a great winger has a great build, pace and could have a great short kicking game , he has no ball playing skills imo.

If that's how he thinks then definitely send him back to the ISC.
Ahh earth to McHunt, I don’t know what Herbie is thinking, silly.

I’ve been on BHQ long enough to have received the unwanted and unavoidable lobotomy courtesy of @Huge and thus know never to suggest someone is thinking something unless they tell me themselves.

And sometimes not even that is enough…

I’d be going and trying to push some buttons and try and manipulate some signings in our favour:
Lodge for Nikorima —> quite realistic really both parties get what they want/need
TPJ for Hodgson —> They have to choose one hooker and they have the cap to take on TPJ’s contract with some left over with a couple disgruntled forwards in Canberra they may be looking for a new forward who can play anywhere
More likely is TPJ for walters

I wonder just how much truth is in the rumour that Staggs has been ‘promised’ the 5/8th spot? If it is fact, then it is exactly the type of shitful decision in a long list of them that sums up the pre D-Day period. Now that the bandaid has started to be ripped off by DD, this call is going to cause a lot of friction for Staggs, Walters or likely both. Interesting times.
D-day is here.

Its the day Donuts opened his fly, unrolled and laid out across the table his enormous **** and said "What you all think of that then..?"

And then watched as the crowd fell into silence...

The days of the tail (players) waging the dog (Broncos) are fuckin over....

Staggs will play exactly where he is told to play. End of fuckin story....

The line has been drawn loud and clear into the Red Hill turf...

Yeah, I think he's probably the best option at the moment. I'm not convinced by Niu at all - I know he hasn't played many games, but I think he might be Isaako 0.9, only that he's still new and fresh.
There are some shoots of green though....he can offer things in attack for us given time...

Check out the in-and-away he pulls here, if he pops a little pass off before fully engaging the line its a try for our number 4....

giphy.gif

There are some shoots of green though....he can offer things in attack for us given time...

Check out the in-and-away he pulls here, if he pops a little pass off before fully engaging the line its a try for our number 4....

giphy.gif

That sums up our team though, a bunch of very talented athletes with no sense to pass or of what it means to be part of a team.

Being reported that Canterbury is interested in signing Kobe Hetherington. His father Jason played 118 games for the Bulldogs.

Lodge is tired of being dicked around:

“It changes every week or two. I‘m confused by it all."

“I‘m trying to put my head to one side and play through it. I’ve had a few meetings with them now. One minute, I’m staying. Then they tell me I’m going. Then I’m staying again. Then I’m going again. It‘s up to them now, they need to make up their minds.”

“I’m just waiting for a tap on the shoulder to be honest. I find it hard answering questions because I don’t know where I stand with the Broncos."

“It’s on-and-off, on-and-off, so it’s just distracting. I’m trying to compete hard for the club but I have no idea when it’s all over. I can handle the fallout alright, but someone like Tevita, he would know the club doesn’t want him and you can feel it out there on the field."

“It’s a physical game, you have to have your head in the game and unless you are pretty mentally strong, it’s hard to compete out there for a club that doesn’t want you.”

“I do know a bloke at the Warriors. (Warriors recruitment chief Peter O’Sullivan is the father of Lodge’s partner Jessica). I’ve loved playing at the Broncos, Suncorp is the best ground to play in the world to be honest and I’m enjoying it while it lasts. But I want to play for someone who wants me to play for them. Wherever that is, I will give 100 per cent for that club.”

McHunt

I probably wouldn't be too upset, he's solid but if they offer him overs I wouldn't fight too hard.

I agree. He's a solid first grader who does a lot of good work but is raw, not worth getting into a bidding war over.

Lodge is tired of being dicked around:

“It changes every week or two. I‘m confused by it all."

“I‘m trying to put my head to one side and play through it. I’ve had a few meetings with them now. One minute, I’m staying. Then they tell me I’m going. Then I’m staying again. Then I’m going again. It‘s up to them now, they need to make up their minds.”

“I’m just waiting for a tap on the shoulder to be honest. I find it hard answering questions because I don’t know where I stand with the Broncos."

“It’s on-and-off, on-and-off, so it’s just distracting. I’m trying to compete hard for the club but I have no idea when it’s all over. I can handle the fallout alright, but someone like Tevita, he would know the club doesn’t want him and you can feel it out there on the field."

“It’s a physical game, you have to have your head in the game and unless you are pretty mentally strong, it’s hard to compete out there for a club that doesn’t want you.”

“I do know a bloke at the Warriors. (Warriors recruitment chief Peter O’Sullivan is the father of Lodge’s partner Jessica). I’ve loved playing at the Broncos, Suncorp is the best ground to play in the world to be honest and I’m enjoying it while it lasts. But I want to play for someone who wants me to play for them. Wherever that is, I will give 100 per cent for that club.”

McHunt

And yet he busts his arse every week and runs the ball the hardest of anyone in the team. Should probably be captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Gaz
  • Old Mate
  • ostin86
  • theshed
  • bert_lifts
  • LGH
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • broncsgoat
  • Robboi_321
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Tmac
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.