Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pass on Kodi.

Unless he's now happy to play 14. In which case, I'll be happy to have him back. But back in the halves? There are better options available.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Pass on Kodi.

Unless he's now happy to play 14. In which case, I'll be happy to have him back. But back in the halves? There are better options available.

Name one.

The only way Hodgson & Reynolds work at 7 & 9 is if we have elite runners of the ball at 6 & 1. That's what Nikorima is. He's an elite running half who has also significantly improved other areas of his game as well in the last couple of years.

The other options are what.. Shaun Johnson, Corey Norman & Ash Taylor? None of those guys have the running game of Nikorima. I would've said Johnson a couple of years ago, but coming off the Achilles injury & bad ankle injuries, he's nowhere near the same level of runner, he's more of a game manager now.

Nikorima (27) - 13 games - 3 tries, 7 linebreaks, 24 tackle busts, 78 running metres per game
Norman (30)- 13 games, 1 try, 2 linebreaks, 18 tackle busts, 91 running metres per game
Johnson (30) - 6 games - 1 try, 0 linebreaks, 9 tackle busts, 64 running metres per game
Taylor (26) - 8 games - 0 tries, 1 linebreak, 5 tackle busts, 48 running metres per game

Seems obvious to me who would be the best pairing with Reynolds & Hodgson.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Nikorima would be good to have back, I wasn't comfortable with him leaving in the first place.

At the time it was either Milford or Nikorima as they're similar players, Nikorima has gone on to be the more consistent player and has actually been quite influential for the Warriors

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
I wonder just how much truth is in the rumour that Staggs has been ‘promised’ the 5/8th spot? If it is fact, then it is exactly the type of shitful decision in a long list of them that sums up the pre D-Day period. Now that the bandaid has started to be ripped off by DD, this call is going to cause a lot of friction for Staggs, Walters or likely both. Interesting times.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I would happily take Nikorima back to partner Reynolds.

I was watching how well Reynolds squared up the defensive line the other night for Walker and was thinking how dominant Nikorima would be if he had that much room to work with.

9. Josh Hodgson
7. Adam Reynolds
6. Kodi Nikorima
1. Herbie Farnworth

The other thing we need to look at is a ball playing lock - Murray, Yeo & Radley do so much for their respective sides, we need to find our version of that. Asiata has been serviceable and does a great job at squaring up the defensive line, however I think he's lacking a lot in other areas, can't bend the line at all, constantly having HIA / neck issues, etc.

Connor Watson & Tyrone Peachey are the 2 players off-contract who fit that bill - I think Watson would be a seriously good signing at 13.

I think this is a very achievable, very competitive side.

1. Herbie Farnworth
2. Jordan Pereira
3. Brenko Lee
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Selwyn Cobbo
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Adam Reynolds (c)
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Payne Haas
11. Brendan Piakura
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Connor Watson

14. Cory Paix
15. TC Robati
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Ethan Bullemor

Herbie isn't a 1

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I wonder just how much truth is in the rumour that Staggs has been ‘promised’ the 5/8th spot? If it is fact, then it is exactly the type of shitful decision in a long list of them that sums up the pre D-Day period. Now that the bandaid has started to be ripped off by DD, this call is going to cause a lot of friction for Staggs, Walters or likely both. Interesting times.
Didn’t someone here say Staggs only re-signed because every other club pulled their offer? If true, Staggs can suck it up and play in what ever position he’s told.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Didn’t someone here say Staggs only re-signed because every other club pulled their offer? If true, Staggs can suck it up and play in what ever position he’s told.
I think he can no matter what. Give him the ol' things change bro talk.
Sorry Staggs but when we made that promise, yes it was in good faith, but we didn't know KNik (or whoever) was going to signed. The best line-up for this team is KNik at 6 and you in the centres, so that's how it will be.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I think he can no matter what. Give him the ol' things change bro talk.
Sorry Staggs but when we made that promise, yes it was in good faith, but we didn't know KNik (or whoever) was going to signed. The best line-up for this team is KNik at 6 and you in the centres, so that's how it will be.
knowing the broncos tho, they'd put knik in the centres and staggs at 6 lol

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I’d be going and trying to push some buttons and try and manipulate some signings in our favour:
Lodge for Nikorima —> quite realistic really both parties get what they want/need
TPJ for Hodgson —> They have to choose one hooker and they have the cap to take on TPJ’s contract with some left over with a couple disgruntled forwards in Canberra they may be looking for a new forward who can play anywhere

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Herbie isn't a 1

I think he will surprise a few there. The rest of this year should be the time we try him out there because Niu isnt ever going to be the answer. Give Herbie a good run at fullback and see if he looks like he can be developed there. Nothing to lose really.

Still think our forward pack needs somebody like Nicholls or Liu and add a good ISC prop like Grant into the mix. Think there is some good value in that.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I think he will surprise a few there. The rest of this year should be the time we try him out there because Niu isnt ever going to be the answer. Give Herbie a good run at fullback and see if he looks like he can be developed there. Nothing to lose really.

Still think our forward pack needs somebody like Nicholls or Liu and add a good ISC prop like Grant into the mix. Think there is some good value in that.
How’s herbie’s ball playing? I never see him look to pass whenever he gets the ball even though our support play is horrendous..

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018

Well there is a big issue with Herbie there is every issue with Herbie and not saying Niu is amazing but he is so much closer to the complete fullback and has actually shown he can be a threat and successfully play there unlike Herbie who got chucked on the wing and struggles. I’m actually at a stage where if Staggs isn’t playing half and is in the centre’s Herbie is in a situation where if he isn’t fullback he no longer has a spot in our team cause he is a shit winger and isn’t a better centre than Staggs or Brenko

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

I have no problem with Herbie getting a chance to try his hand at fullback. That's what the ISC is for. In the meantime, he might lift his game at centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Ejbroncos
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.