Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We're not a strong club though. He's been mucked around and he's had enough. He's put in every week. His attitude on the field is what counts, off the field he's just telling it how it is.

Like I said, I can see where he's coming from and I agree he has a fair point but think about it from the point of view of the team. How do you think this is going to reflect on the coach? Harmony within the team?

I am not in anyway absolving the club of responsibility, they regularly botch this sort of stuff but when you are trying to blow the joint up and start again, this is the kind of attitude that can't be tolerated, no matter how right or wrong the player may be.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What gives you the impression we are a strong club?

Even when we had the worst season you could have in NRL and won the spoon by a mile, we didn't get rid of our "high performance" department...

As if that is not the most redundant organisation you've ever heard of?

Which of my many pessimistic posts and constant referrals to us being a basket case makes you think I have the impression we are a strong club?

I'm saying that if this basket case is now trying to turn around, you need to root this kind of thing out and I believe Donuts will.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Like I said, I can see where he's coming from and I agree he has a fair point but think about it from the point of view of the team. How do you think this is going to reflect on the coach? Harmony within the team?

I am not in anyway absolving the club of responsibility, they regularly botch this sort of stuff but when you are trying to blow the joint up and start again, this is the kind of attitude that can't be tolerated, no matter how right or wrong the player may be.

I'd wager the team are well aware of the situation without the media influence. It reflects the truth on the coach, which is what matters. Team harmony clearly isn't a huge priority given team chopping and changing as well as the TPJ thing playing out during a live game.

Lodge of all people going to the press with it shows the desperation. I do understand your position, but I don't agree with it. Lodge is being disrespected here. Professionally and personally.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'd wager the team are well aware of the situation without the media influence. It reflects the truth on the coach, which is what matters. Team harmony clearly isn't a huge priority given team chopping and changing as well as the TPJ thing playing out during a live game.

Lodge of all people going to the press with it shows the desperation. I do understand your position, but I don't agree with it. Lodge is being disrespected here. Professionally and personally.

Yep I get where are coming from too, I just want to support the team and rid us of complainers.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I don’t want lodge to leave, but it’s obvious to everyone why the club is pushing him out. They need to go to him and offer him the chance to renegotiate his contract from next year onwards with him giving up his option in the process. Do some roosters accounting magic to make up for the amount he’s giving up or something, but he’s going to have to take a hair cut if he’s serious about staying.

edit: it’s probably already happened mind you.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
I don’t want lodge to leave, but it’s obvious to everyone why the club is pushing him out. They need to go to him and offer him the chance to renegotiate his contract from next year onwards with him giving him his option in the process. Do some roosters accounting magic to make up for the amount he’s giving up or something, but that’s he’s going to have to take a hair cut if he’s serious about staying.

That was my thinking - if he's serious about staying, re-work the contract. Probably feels he's put in his time and is one of the better players on the team though.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
That was my thinking - if he's serious about staying, re-work the contract. Probably feels he's put in his time and is one of the better players on the team though.
Well I mean his other option atm appears to be moving to New Zealand and playing in a spine of: 9. ?, 7. Cht, 6. ? (If Niko is leaving), 1. Walsh. The broncos will have a better spine, and therefore a better team, next season if they can get a couple more signings sorted. He’s settled in the broncos setup and in Brisbane.

His manager will be focused on the cash first and foremost so it’s probably a lost cause.

K

Kezza

Apr 26, 2021
I get people being annoyed at two of best performers leaving but we need to fix the spine and get some work horses. These two look good when they are playing well but neither are super defenders imo and neither lead the line speed in defence both what we are seriously lacking at the moment. I would love to get a guy like Welch, someone that does all the little things no one but the team mates notice.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Well I mean his other option atm appears to be moving to New Zealand and playing in a spine of: 9. ?, 7. Cht, 6. ? (If Niko is leaving), 1. Walsh. The broncos will have a better spine, and therefore a better team, next season if they can get a couple more signings sorted. He’s settled in the broncos setup and in Brisbane.

His manager will be focused on the cash first and foremost so it’s probably a lost cause.

The ball is in his court though. He doesn't have to leave.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I don’t want lodge to leave, but it’s obvious to everyone why the club is pushing him out. They need to go to him and offer him the chance to renegotiate his contract from next year onwards with him giving up his option in the process. Do some roosters accounting magic to make up for the amount he’s giving up or something, but he’s going to have to take a hair cut if he’s serious about staying.

edit: it’s probably already happened mind you.
Yeah I'm hoping they can work out a 4 year deal personally on like 20% less.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
aren't their issues similar to ours ... i.e. shithouse spine
Burton is a out and out gun, apparently chasing SJ. Fox gets a crack at fb. Not too bad. They have no props

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• BRC088
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bazza
  • Swordfish
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • Socnorb
  • MrMoore
  • levikaden
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.