Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Only reason we'll sign Gagai is for one of a few reasons -

A) We're signing him to play Fullback
B) Staggs is 100% the Five-Eighth for next year
C) Farnworth is shifting to Fullback or Wing

Could be one, if not multiple of these scenarios. I still believe Nikorima will come back next year, so my feeling is Gagai may be our Fullback, if he comes.

1. Gagai
2. Farnworth
3. Lee
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Nikorima
7. Reynolds

Not the worst back line.

I like it ...

there have also been reports about us wanting move Farnworth to fullback so we could possibly see Lee on the wing and Gagai at center

Q

QLD JANE

NYC Player
Jun 1, 2017
Where are you getting this info from inside sources or just a guess?
I have a bit of a connection with player managers.
It was posted on here last year that Broncos was after Gagai for this season hoping Souths would grant him a release from his final year.
As per McHunts article on the previous page the same management team was also working with the Broncos to get Capwell to Red Hill for this season.

Attachments

• 7D2D873B-07D5-4AD0-B574-5A988584AAF7.jpeg
    7D2D873B-07D5-4AD0-B574-5A988584AAF7.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 120
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Capewell has put a video out saying he hasn’t signed anywhere.
🤷🏻‍♂️

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
What I can't work out is why would we sign both Gagai and Brenko Lee? It isn't a knock on Lee, but from a structure and balance perspective, it seems weird that we went and got him.

2. Farnworth.
3. Staggs.
4. Gagai.
5. Cobbo.

I know Staggs is most likely going to be at 5/8th. However Staggs and Gagai as a centre combination would allow you to simplify the structures and use the same plays on both edges for mine. (And looks pretty good on paper too)
Lee can play wing as well. Really it takes all the risk out of Lee being shit

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Yeah well capewell said he hasn’t signed anywhere and the original report states that it’s a verbal agreement so it may be that it’s still a done deal

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Capewell has put a video out saying he hasn’t signed anywhere.
🤷🏻‍♂️
He’s just doing the right thing by the and the Panthers.. wouldn’t be the best timing to make something like this official three days before a huge origin game and without the chance to tell his club teammates before it becomes official

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
We’re trying to get rid of the self-entitled shitheads, not sign more. Also, I don’t see him signing for pocket change. He’s not who we should be signing

Like I said, there’s going to be entitled shitheads in every side. Especially the star players. But again, who cares? As long as they put in the effort and win you games, that’s all that matters. And that’s exactly what Folau does.

Folau won’t be for peanuts but he would be very affordable. His time away from the game would affect his market value. But players like Folau are worth the money, because they are game breakers.

He’s big and strong, hard to stop, as much of a threat in the air as he is on the ground, he’s competitive and he’s a game breaker. Plus he can play fullback. He brings plenty of experience, he’s well liked at the club and he would attract players.

Last time I checked, that’s exactly the type of player we need.

1. Folau
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Hodgson

That’s a premiership winning spine.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Like I said, there’s going to be entitled shitheads in every side. Especially the star players. But again, who cares? As long as they put in the effort and win you games, that’s all that matters. And that’s exactly what Folau does.

Folau won’t be for peanuts but he would be very affordable. His time away from the game would affect his market value. But players like Folau are worth the money, because they are game breakers.

That’s exactly the type of player we need. He’s big and strong, hard to stop, as much of a threat in the air as he is on the ground, he’s competitive and he’s a game breaker. Plus he can play fullback. He brings plenty of experience, he’s well liked at the club and he would attract players.

1. Folau
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Hodgson

I'd take Folau in a heartbeat, even if he does think my drinking, fornicating, drug taking, atheist ass is going to hell.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Imagine if we end up signing Capewell, Gagai, Su’A and possibly Finucane or a Lachlan Coote. Imagine the crowd for rd 1 next year to watch that side run out there. It was big this year considering last year’s misery let alone a flock of new signings. I reckon we will definitely sign capewell Gagai and Su’A and I have a sneaky suspicion about Lachlan Coote, he wants to come back and we need a fullback so why not I guess. Finucane, I feel like he’s good mates with Reynolds for some reason, I’d love him, we’d all love him, but I doubt he will be here next year.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Considering a lot of players are likely to be fucked off. We are going to need a lot of depth signings to replace them. Anyone have cheap options they wish the club will target? I’ve got one in Delouise Hoeter, I think he should be contracted to an nrl club from what I’ve seen of him

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

He’s big and strong, hard to stop, as much of a threat in the air as he is on the ground, he’s competitive and he’s a game breaker. Plus he can play fullback. He brings plenty of experience, he’s well liked at the club and he would attract players.

1. Folau
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Hodgson

On paper it looks good to possibly great, but I don’t think it will get close.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
On paper it looks good to possibly great, but I don’t think it will get close.
100%.
It will look more like this
1. Niu
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Turpin
We aren’t getting Hodgson so only thing I’d change is that I really want Lachlan Coote. Your probably thinking I’m crazy but I really want him for some reason.

I think if we can get Gagai, capewell. Su’A and Coote all coming, if we give Finucane a 600k offer to be a leader, starter and get paid well in a team that’s rising up big time next year, it’ll almost be to good to pass up

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Considering a lot of players are likely to be fucked off. We are going to need a lot of depth signings to replace them. Anyone have cheap options they wish the club will target? I’ve got one in Delouise Hoeter, I think he should be contracted to an nrl club from what I’ve seen of him

what concerns me about him is that as good as he is reported to be, every single NRL club has passed him over, even the best in the Storm/Roosters ... there must be a reason for that

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Others probably have better ideas but depth signings that could be investigated:
- jordan grant (prop currently running in isc)
- possibly jayden berrell or jake granville (if we were looking for a 3rd hooking option in case of injury).
- thomas mikaele (keebra park jnr who i think played with hass, and now bench prop for tigers. Seems to generate some momentum when he comes on and produces similar stats to flegler for a fraction of the price).

I would also be elevating mam and mozer to train and trial or development deals to get them amongst the first grade squad in prep for transitioning into the top 30.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Imagine if we end up signing Capewell, Gagai, Su’A and possibly Finucane or a Lachlan Coote. Imagine the crowd for rd 1 next year to watch that side run out there. It was big this year considering last year’s misery let alone a flock of new signings. I reckon we will definitely sign capewell Gagai and Su’A and I have a sneaky suspicion about Lachlan Coote, he wants to come back and we need a fullback so why not I guess. Finucane, I feel like he’s good mates with Reynolds for some reason, I’d love him, we’d all love him, but I doubt he will be here next year.
Just know it'll take years to fix this though. A couple of signings isn't enough.

Took Parra 3 years in the wilderness after they won consecutive spoons. And yes, we are that bad currently.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Oates' best attribute was never scoring tries, it was the metres he gained on exit sets. He would routinely make 15 metres and put us on the front foot, or even better draw a penalty as teams tried to illegally halt his momentum. Being able to score insane tries was just a bonus.

IMO it's those hard metres that we desperately need right now, as our field position and momentum is non-existent. However if he is dropping balls, he is undoing all the work from his runs. I don't think he's been as error-prone as he's been made out to be, nor is he any worse than Coates in terms of coming off his wing in defence (remember, in the Game That Shall Not Be Named he was compensating for a Jack Reed with a completely fucked shoulder), but he is nowhere near as good as he was 5 years ago.

I agree, his runs out of trouble are the best aspect of his game. He's not a veteran by any stretch but I think he's reached the point where he needs to get into the middle and make a career in the middle.

He could still play on the wing for sure but I just think he will be better suited in the middle given his size and all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Antman
  • Alec
  • Justwin
  • johnny plath
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.