Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawson has some cred because he covers the MM, CC and Alf Trophy for News. So he is at least seen them play.

Yep, he/they/Quest really focus on these younger grades, but no one seems to be covering the Brisbane ISC clubs. You get the occasional piece but it's only ever in relation to exiled senior players doing it hard in the Broncos' feeders.

Some of the regional dailies like the Sunshine Coast Daily, Gladstone Observer, etc cover the local teams.

I still wouldn’t be shocked if we resign Milford for next year. No one else wants him and he is probably decent value sun $400k for a year.

Always been that way, it's never not been an issue of having good players coming through. They just get lost when it comes down to the crunch signing to a club like Melbourne or the Roosters
No but these are the players development contracted for next year like Ezra Mam, Blake Mozer, Deine Mariner, Xavier Willison and the Va’A twins as well as another half whose name I have forgotten it was something like olakua. Roosters and Storm can’t do anything about swooping on them since they are contracted

Has anyone got the list of this upcoming team?

As much as I like Staggs i still prefer he play Centres but looks like as per reports he will be the 6.
I feel he is bigger threat in the centres and with good half will be able to get better ball and be an even bigger threat.

Who knows he might prove us wrong, just my current thoughts

I don't see the point of speculating on Staggs at 6 until if and when we see it. We don't know the level of 'guarantee' etc. and for all we know all he has been guaranteed is a shot in the preseason to show he can do it. Also, who knows the context of his request. Maybe he was like "if we are sticking with these potatoes in the halves I want to be 6 so I can at least see the ball. With Reynolds and a quality 6 maybe he doesn't give a shit anymore.

I don't see the point of speculating on Staggs at 6 until if and when we see it. We don't know the level of 'guarantee' etc. and for all we know all he has been guaranteed is a shot in the preseason to show he can do it. Also, who knows the context of his request. Maybe he was like "if we are sticking with these potatoes in the halves I want to be 6 so I can at least see the ball. With Reynolds and a quality 6 maybe he doesn't give a shit anymore.
'Not giving a shit anymore' should really have him lined up to be the next club Chairman.

I still wouldn’t be shocked if we resign Milford for next year. No one else wants him and he is probably decent value sun $400k for a year.

250K max.
$0 from me. It really is time we moved on from him and to be fair he should be told he is not in our plans next year so he has some time to try and find another deal somewhere.

$0 from me. It really is time we moved on from him and to be fair he should be told he is not in our plans next year so he has some time to try and find another deal somewhere.

I'm fine either way to be honest. Happy for him to be moved on at this point, but also happy if he's kept to close to minimum wage for depth.

I'm sure he's been told to find a contract elsewhere already. No takers.

Why are we being so nice to the Warriors? Let Walsh walk over there for free, now Lodge while paying half his contract for the next two and a bit years ffs

Broncos prop Matt Lodge is set to link with the Warriors immediately with Brisbane to contribute a significant portion of his salary over the next two and half seasons.

Why are we paying a significant amount for the next two a half years? It all depends on how much this amount is but if it is any more than 200k (unless most of that is front-loaded to this year somehow), what is the point?

Also, how do the Warriors still have money? They have a lot of players on a lot of money in DWZ, AFB, Lodge soon, Walsh, SJ, Harris, etc.

Broncos prop Matt Lodge is set to link with the Warriors immediately with Brisbane to contribute a significant portion of his salary over the next two and half seasons.

The ****?

Well its official, Lodge is gone! Warriors just announced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.