Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly trying to shop Taupau to us
Willing to pay half his contract next year to make it happen. On around 800k a year if im not mistaken and is off contract next year.
400k for Taupau is decent. I don’t know much about his personality but he seems like a hard worker. I feel like Des has under appreciated him at Manly and should have been giving him more minutes than he’s been getting the past few years. He’s able to play 80 minutes but I’d say 60 is the sweet spot. Maybe him and Haas could interchange who gets more minutes each week.

Ben Ikin talks to Jimmy Smith. Explains the roster flux. Says they're not after players in a specific position, but capability - players who live by the standards they want the younger players to emulate. Like Reynolds and Capewell. Sounds like he's still after another marquee signing.

Also takes time to praise his old mate Peter "Bomber" Badel, who calls him 6 times a day. He's in awe of his workrate:

And much the same routine with Pat & Heals:

None better in that regard than Funicane

Is this a g up? That would be unbelievably reckless.
Just seen it reported by fox league, loosing Haas would be reckless.. locking him up for life is a smart move considering 10 clubs are already trying to talk to him. But the 1mil a year for 10 years is massive but in saying that I think every club chasing him will be offering that or close to that a year for him.

Just seen it reported by fox league, loosing Haas would be reckless.. locking him up for life is a smart move considering 10 clubs are already trying to talk to him. But the 1mil a year for 10 years is massive but in saying that I think every club chasing him will be offering that or close to that a year for him.

If we bump up his current contract and extend him 3-4yrs beyond the end of his current one, that's his next 6-7yrs secured. 1Mill a year and extending him a further 6 years is stupid I think.

If we bump up his current contract and extend him 3-4yrs beyond the end of his current one, that's his next 6-7yrs secured. 1Mill a year and extending him a further 6 years is stupid I think.
Yeah I agree give him a upgrade on what he currently has and extend him.
Sit down and talk to him and ask him If he wants to build a successful/powerhouse team around him or have a team full of budget options.

Yeah am I the only one who thinks this will bite us on the ass. Look what happened with milf, I just don’t have trust in signing players on big money anymore. With the evolution of the game, who is to say that the style of his game will be relevant in 2 years time let alone 10. I love the idea of him being locked away, but at a million dollars he must be the best prop in the game for every single one of them. Sadly getting into his 30’s he won’t be able to perform like that. Just my take on it, I love him, I want him to stay, but there seem to be obvious risks that potentially outway the positives in my opinion. Also if he is so keen to sign this 10 year contract why are we concerned he will leave in 2 years time when we could sign him for far less time at the same price and not set ourselves up for failure for the next decade if his form falls through

I'd rather pay him $10 million for 10 years than see him end up at the fucking Roosters in a few years time !
I was thinking this. Maybe this is our best chance of retaining him. Maybe it’s not a mil either, maybe a mil is made up.

I’m not against Payne’s mega deal.
He deserves the big $, but I’d like it to be a <8yr deal.
He is the heart and soul of this side, most constant player for at least the last 2yrs.
Id also like to see an off field clause, he hasn’t been squeeky clean off field and has spent some time out of the game which has effected us.

Haas is the one player we have I have no issue with getting a long term rich deal. Since his debut when playing he always gives his all, yes he has made mistakes off the field, but he has owned them and owned them publicly. He is a freak in the JT mould.

I would love to see him moved to the 13 personally next year, hell even this year. Sign Marty to play in the frontrow with Carrigan. Rotate Kennedy and Bullemore in the middle. Give Haas the same freedom to roam JT has.

400k for Taupau is decent. I don’t know much about his personality but he seems like a hard worker.
He was one of the guys doing extras with Blair, back when the Tigers were happily mediocre with Farrah in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncs30
  • KateBroncos1812
  • LittleDavey
  • Splinter
  • BroncoFan94
  • DrGee
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Pablo
  • Maddy
  • broncos4life
  • HarryAllan7
  • Alec
  • broncsgoat
  • Behold
  • sooticus
  • achievedrap
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.