Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @BroncsFan was right in that Pulu got moved around a bit. Still remember him tying up the game against the Sharks the year they won the premiership though 'ending' their big win streak. Taia was consistent and Paasi was solid, but I feel Pulu might have been up and down.
I'm thinking much the same as you here. I think @upthebroncs is maybe meshing his memories of them both together a little bit. Paasi was certainly pretty handy in patches, but Pulu wasn't anything to write home about. Not terrible either, just a bit meh.

I'm thinking much the same as you here. I think @upthebroncs is maybe meshing his memories of them both together a little bit. Paasi was certainly pretty handy in patches, but Pulu wasn't anything to write home about. Not terrible either, just a bit meh.
No no, I know exactly who they are and how they play. I liked both of them at the time. Of course Agnatius offered more in attack but I believe Pulu is as solid as a rock and that's what I like about him.

He probably got moved around a fair bit because he is versatile enough to play on the edge in the backrow, at lock or at prop.

No no, I know exactly who they are and how they play. I liked both of them at the time. Of course Agnatius offered more in attack but I believe Pulu is as solid as a rock and that's what I like about him.

He probably got moved around a fair bit because he is versatile enough to play on the edge in the backrow, at lock or at prop.

Serious question, is there any player you don't like and / or think should come to the Broncos?

Cameron Smith with no registered contract until next year so that can pay him off the books outside the cap and then bring him into the 30 the morning of first team list day. Saves about 4 months of of cap space.
Pretty cynical Morepudding, but probably correct

You may be right, my memory is mostly highlights of back then now. Don't remember massive amounts about individual players. I won't argue that on a base contract he may have something to offer. Didn't watch many warriors games with him though.

Serious question, is there any player you don't like and / or think should come to the Broncos?
Mate that's not a serious question. I am very vocal about the things I disagree with.

I wouldn't trust any contract values by the media. Most info "leaked" would be coming from managers, and it's in their interest to over-inflate so that those values seem like the norm.
I reckon player managers should be put in a 20 foot shipping container, towed out to the edge of the continental shelf, drill a dozen 50mm holes in the bottom (so it doesn't sink to fast), once settled on the bottom we get the GPS mark to fish on it

What is there to be positive about? We just won the wooden spoon and that team got actively worse from winning the spoon and apart from re-signing a couple of kids have made NO signings, that's not a typo, NO MOTHERFUCKING SIGNINGS. These ***** have looked at the team and gone "thank **** we got rid of Bird and Fifita, now we can really start surging up the ladder. Now if we can just get someone to take Staggs and Dearden we are a real premiership chance".

Every other team has improved their roster but our bunch of flogs are sitting there playing with themselves in between browsing Seek while the fans line up to watch us go back to back spooners.

This is fucking outrageous and I am so sick of it.
I don't think you should hold back anymore, just say what you mean!!

Problem with that approach is once again you get little to no experience along with being a hail mary on some Fijian winger who may be great or end up not even being good enough as depth. Not saying Mead or Copley are great or even ideal circumstantial signings but you know what you're getting plus the added experience and possible mentoring. Heck of a lot safer. I'll add the Mead one confuses me though.

Last edited:
Problem with that approach is once again you get little to no experience along with being a hail mary on some Fijian winger who may be great or end up not even being good enough as depth. Not saying Mead or Copley are great or even ideal circumstantial signings but you know what you're getting plus the added experience and possible mentoring. Heck of a lot safer.
My main problem is that signing Mead and Copley for this year will not help us win a competition anytime sooner.

Bellamy does it right is all I'm saying. Love his formula for roster management. It is very simple once it is organised. He isn't worried about losing Vunivalu and Addo-Carr because he knows he can replace them. He has Lumelume that'll come in now to replace Vunivalu. Before Vunivalu it was Koroibete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MrMoore
  • westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Lostboy
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.