Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offering way under what he could get elsewhere to stay and play his non-preferred position..

This will be interesting 😏

Strange thing was his manager said it's a lot better than I thought he'd get.

“I was pleasantly surprised with their offer,” Smith’s manager Stan Martin told the Telegraph.

“It is certainly a lot higher than I thought it would be. I was really surprised and I think they are aware of what it will take to keep him.”

“I was pleasantly surprised with their offer,” Smith’s manager Stan Martin told the Telegraph.

“It is certainly a lot higher than I thought it would be. I was really surprised and I think they are aware of what it will take to keep him.”

i'm pretty sure he was referring specifically to the Storm offer. because he also talks about pushing it to 800k

He also said that he expects Smith can get upwards of $800k to play his preferred position

Is he managed by this guy ?
D80B9E30 6D80 4298 AABD 2C9D3006EE8E

that comment from his manager just sounds to me like the storm are doing some "creative accounting" behind the scenes and telling his manager what to say to set the narrative in the media.

that way no one bats an eye lid when he accepts 600k a year when he can easily get upwards of 800-1m a year form other clubs.

dont get me wrong if I was a storm supporter id love it they are doing exactly what the broncos management of old use to do.

but as a non storm supporter its complete bs and proves again what a joke the salary cap is imo.

that comment from his manager just sounds to me like the storm are doing some "creative accounting" behind the scenes and telling his manager what to say to set the narrative in the media.

that way no one bats an eye lid when he accepts 600k a year when he can easily get upwards of 800-1m a year form other clubs.

dont get me wrong if I was a storm supporter id love it they are doing exactly what the broncos management of old use to do.

but as a non storm supporter its complete bs and proves again what a joke the salary cap is imo.
If storm manage to sign Paps, Smith and Harry all on unders they may as well call off the comp for the next 3yrs, because no one will come close to them.... and you know what it will have zero impact on the Victorian public even if they go 5 in a row.

Actually the more dominant storm become the less interested Vics will probably be... they'll just see it as business as usual and check the scores every now and then to check that they're still winning the Mickey Mouse comp played in NSW and Qld

If the farm makes so much money and he gets so badly injured he can't work on......

Couldn't he just pay some people to do the physical work... if this isn't suss then I have a bridge to sell you. Deadset...

Exactly this. It's not like Boyd is absolutely critical to the operation and it will all fall over and become worthless should he not be able to.... ruck those bails of hay in to one larger bail in a corner?

Melbourne have apparently tabled a offer to B.Smith of 600k a year.
Be interesting to see if we go in a bidding way
Levi has shown what a good hooker can do in his last 2 games
I wonder what else the Storm have offered him, off the books of course.

Melbourne have apparently tabled a offer to B.Smith of 600k a year.
Be interesting to see if we go in a bidding way
Levi has shown what a good hooker can do in his last 2 games
And the media reporting it as a huge offer :rofl
He could easily get a mill on the open market

Titans fans have launched a petition to keep Ash Taylor at the club. Where can we go to sign said petition?
Saw that... and it only had like 300 votes when I checked it out.

So either GC fans dont want him or the whole fan base is turning up to vote... could literally be either.

Anticipate sharks, tigers and Broncos fans to get in there and bump up the votes so he stays.... of course Vlando will cream his pants thinking his NSWRL puppet in SEQ has quadrupled in popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.