Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
makes it even more weird with the comments his manger said. I dont think I have ever heard a manager say I was pleasantly surprised how high an offer a club offered his client.

it just suss as ****. he is clearly drinking the Melbourne storm cool-aid. Just screams something the club would want his manage to say. to try and set a narrative because they know damn well how bad it will look if the sign b smith for 600

I mean kudos to storm for doing it and getting away with it. but it stinks and sucks for the rest of the comp that they can continue to pay these players who are one of the if not best in there position on way unders.

You're naive to think the NRL are not only unaware, but not in any way facilitating the deal(s).

You're naive to think the NRL are not only unaware, but not in any way facilitating the deal(s).
thinking on this more do you know what is even more infuriating about this situation?

we are constantly expected to offer 500+ for 18-21 year old kids with potential and get hammered in the media if we dont. yet storm and rooster offer shit like this to the best players in game and get to keep them and not a word is said.

just get over how hypocritical the nrl is. from the media to the leaders of the game.

Came in here hoping to read about a new signing. Now strongly considering becoming a farmer.
It could be worse, you could be considering becoming a farmer's wife.

Hope this rumour about re-signing Niu isn't true.

How long is the proposed extension for?

I’m not against re-signing Niu, as long as it reflects his position in the squad, which will still be battling it out for full time fb. He’s probably 5th choice at centre next year too. So if he’s not at fb he’s in ISC. If he can nail down fb next year then he can ask for big bucks. A one year deal would be ideal imo.

My original point was the excuse doesn’t pass the sniff test that he walks away from 1.4M to be a farmer, same way as Cartwright’s didn’t. It’s a bullshit and salary cheating just like Prince’s house was but nothing is done about it.
Thouroughbreds have entered the chat

Thouroughbreds have entered the chat
Offering up premium "farmland" in Bulimba, Hamilton and Ascot

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

i think Nui is like Walsh in a way, they both struggle under the high ball and in defence, but have great attacking skills. i reckon he will alright with a full preseason at FB and maybe cutting a few kilos

Hope this rumour about re-signing Niu isn't true.
Your entitled to your opinion but I just want to ask you this. Who else are you going to pick? Will they be close to Tesi or top 8 standards? What other 19 year old fullback is doing the stuff Tesi is doing?

I’m not against re-signing Niu, as long as it reflects his position in the squad, which will still be battling it out for full time fb. He’s probably 5th choice at centre next year too. So if he’s not at fb he’s in ISC. If he can nail down fb next year then he can ask for big bucks. A one year deal would be ideal imo.
I reckon 2 years at the bucks he deserves, not overs not unders. He has time to work for a good deal and if he blows up and goes great guns next year we are at least a bit protected from vultures

And the media reporting it as a huge offer :rofl
He could easily get a mill on the open market

That's the problem, Paps and Smith aren't million dollar players- it should be like the bell curve and only a 1-3 on a million. The clubs that hand out million dollar contracts normally get dudded- Milford and Taylor straight away come to mind.

If you're getting a million dollars which is a 10th of the cap, you need to be the Australian, Queensland or New South Wales captain, best in your position and close to top two-three players in the competition. Not just good to great. Good to Great should be on 400-600k.

Teddy, Cleary and Turbo would be pretty much all I would consider with JT13 a maybe- I know he is on it but has come back to the field a bit in the last 18 months same as DCE.

Your entitled to your opinion but I just want to ask you this. Who else are you going to pick? Will they be close to Tesi or top 8 standards? What other 19 year old fullback is doing the stuff Tesi is doing?
What IS he doing, other than a slightly above average running game?

That's the problem, Paps and Smith aren't million dollar players- it should be like the bell curve and only a 1-3 on a million. The clubs that hand out million dollar contracts normally get dudded- Milford and Taylor straight away come to mind.

If you're getting a million dollars which is a 10th of the cap, you need to be the Australian, Queensland or New South Wales captain, best in your position and close to top two-three players in the competition. Not just good to great. Good to Great should be on 400-600k.

Teddy, Cleary and Turbo would be pretty much all I would consider with JT13 a maybe- I know he is on it but has come back to the field a bit in the last 18 months same as DCE.
yea but that's just your opinion on what they are worth we have been told by the media time and time again a player is worth what a team will offer them

Think the point mitch was making is the media are not saying boo about it.
the same media that lay the boot into us for not offering fafita that ludicrous offer. the same media the lay the boot in when we dont offer these young players 500+ contracts on potential.

the same media that are bagging us now for only paying hass 500+ and its insulting to him and he should be on way more

yet now its the storm involved in offering what most fans would consider low for the likes of paps and smith and nothing is said.

guarantee you if the broncos did this they would be screaming from the rooftops.

and alot of us are just sick of it because there is no explanation for it except pure bias

According to Badel we've re-signed Palasia for an extra season and are keeping a close eye on the situations of Ryan James & Dylan Napa, one of which we'll probably look to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.