Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGAIN... the reason we are getting him cheap is because he hasn't been good for years..

If Bellamy signed Napa to Storm, we'd all be saying what a great pick up it is.
Melbourne have a deeply ingrained culture and the best coach of all time.
I wouldn’t call it a good signing but I’d watch with interest to see what Craig could do with him.

We have a club with a leadership vortex and a coach who hasn’t proven anything.

Melbourne have a deeply ingrained culture and the best coach of all time.
I wouldn’t call it a good signing but I’d watch with interest to see what Craig could do with him.

We have a club with a leadership vortex and a coach who hasn’t proven anything.
I'm actually not the one making the calls at Broncos believe it or not.

I think Kev and old mate Davo are backing themselves though.

I'm just trying to look at the positives.

It could be worse... Signing Lodge was a nightmare..

just hypothetically here, if you were, what would your 1-17 look like. remember it's a hypothetical so you can shift players within reason.

it'll be like flies to honey mate, watch the h8'ers roll in.

just hypothetically here, if you were, what would your 1-17 look like. remember it's a hypothetical so you can shift players within reason.

Including who I would recruit for next year? or with the current signed squad?

Rhys Kennedy would be my captain

Including who I would recruit for next year? or with the current signed squad?
Both mate, who would you trade out in our current squad, who would you replace them with, and who would you sign for next year/23?

Both mate, who would you trade out in our current squad, who would you replace them with, and who would you sign for next year/23?
Okay just give me a moment. Will get back to you. Obviously, I can't undo some signings like Brenko Lee so will have to work with what I've got to some extent.

I think Kev and old mate Davo are backing themselves though.

I'm just trying to look at the positives.

It could be worse... Signing Lodge was a nightmare..
Yeah signing Napa isn’t the worst thing in the world, I just think there are better options for similar money.

If the club does sign him I’m not going to sulk about it - I’ll be interested to see what we can get out of him.

Hopefully they do a better job of unlocking Napa’s talents than they did with Asiata.

AGAIN... the reason we are getting him cheap is because he hasn't been good for years..

Because he can coach? The jury is still very much out on Kevvie.

Dobbo saying Brisbane are going HARD for Napa.
Uh oh.

"going hard" is a subjective phrase that the media can use for sensationalist purposes. for example, going hard for someone like Harry Grant, probably means your offer starts at $1 million and goes up.

going hard for someone like Napa could mean you've offered a 200k take it or leave it contract.

on the possible Napa signing, i'm not against it at the right price. our pack for next year doesn't really have that fear factor, which is what Napa would bring. if we could get those brain snaps out of his game then he could be a value buy for us. I'd have him working with Petero, he seems to have done a decent job with TPJ, maybe he could do the same for Napa.

Napa is only 28 as well, so we could get several good years out of him

I dunno mate, when I was writing this I kinda wanted to detonate the squad and start again. It's probably how Kev is feeling. Who knows what combination of these 30 players could be best. Hard to know who we can recruit without knowing how much salary cap we have to work with.

* = not signed but I would like it if they were

1. Herbie Farnworth
2. Corey Oates
3. Brenko Lee
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Cory Paix
10. Dunamis Lui*
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Thomas Flegler

18. Brendan Piakura
19. Tesi Niu
20. Xavier Willison
21. Keenan Palasia
22. Tyson Gamble
23. Billy Walters
24. Selwyn Cobbo
25. Wiremu Greig*
26. Darryn Schonig*
27. Jordan Grant*
28. Dylan Napa*
29. Linc Port*
30. Michael Purcell*
31. Edene Gebbie*

I wouldnt. Bellamy wouldnt touch Napa with a 10 foot pole anyway.

While we are on this Napa thing, how did we get Big Papi put into a conversation with Tallis. One is one of the greatest forwards ever to play the game, and the other is Dylan Napa.

I wouldnt. Bellamy wouldnt touch Napa with a 10 foot pole anyway.

While we are on this Napa thing, how did we get Big Papi put into a conversation with Tallis. One is one of the greatest forwards ever to play the game, and the other is Dylan Napa.
Haha I was talking about a team needing some sort of intimidation factor. Gordy was a great intimidator for the Broncos.

I agree Napa's career has gone down hill..

I dunno mate, when I was writing this I kinda wanted to detonate the squad and start again. It's probably how Kev is feeling. Who knows what combination of these 30 players could be best. Hard to know who we can recruit without knowing how much salary cap we have to work with.

* = not signed but I would like it if they were

1. Herbie Farnworth
2. Corey Oates
3. Brenko Lee
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Cory Paix
10. Dunamis Lui*
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Thomas Flegler

18. Brendan Piakura
19. Tesi Niu
20. Xavier Willison
21. Keenan Palasia
22. Tyson Gamble
23. Billy Walters
24. Selwyn Cobbo
25. Wiremu Greig*
26. Darryn Schonig*
27. Jordan Grant*
28. Dylan Napa*
29. Linc Port*
30. Michael Purcell*
31. Edene Gebbie*
TBH your 1-17 isn't really too much different from what the haters would put. The bench is great IMO but might be lacking if someone goes down in the backline unless we put Bullemor out there (which could prob work given he has decent speed)

edit: nevermind, missed Carrigan.

To be fair, Kev has really accomplished nothing yet as a coach.. Madge has accomplished quite a lot in his career.
Kev has actually instilled a sense of optimisim in the team. He has the confidence of Dave and Ikin.

Madge has taken a premiership team and wittled them down to 12th, and then done nothing with this Tigers team. They have no where near the optimisim we have for our future.

Madge has no idea how to maintain success or get back to where he was. He is 100% not worth getting rid of Kevie for.

Madge is just another Green/Sheens. Got a premiership on their resume, but no idea how to win one again.

TBH your 1-17 isn't really too much different from what the haters would put. The bench is great IMO but might be lacking if someone goes down in the backline unless we put Bullemor out there (which could prob work given he has decent speed)

edit: nevermind, missed Carrigan.
Well there really isn't much wiggle room in the line up.. It's fairly predictable how it will be.. Can't get it too wrong at this point. The only changes can be through personal preference or if you felt like a punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • jd87
  • Broncorob
  • Culhwch
  • Shane Tronc
  • Financeguy
  • Mister Wright
  • Dash
  • Lurker
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.