Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm okay. I thought maybe Kev could work his charm and promise him some decent minutes at 9 and a form of leadership role.

Adam Reynolds and Brendan Smith would be HUGE additions to the spine as a combination and sides would take us seriously from round 1.

I have no idea what kind of cap position we are in so wouldn’t know what it’d take to sign Smith. The longer time goes on it seems like the more cap we free up.. So who knows.
He's not available before 2023 anyway. Melbourne wouldn't release him early unless we offered them 10 million dollars in gold bullion.

He's not available before 2023 anyway. Melbourne wouldn't release him early unless we offered them 10 million dollars in gold bullion.

I dont think they will let him leave early, but i do think he will leave.

Alright, I'll bring it up if no one else well.

Things appear to be pretty strained between Gutherson and the Eels at the moment, presumably because Gutherson thinks he's got Parra boxed in and is demanding overs.

Should we table an offer? We could play both sides to get him on a more realistic amount if we were smart about it. Apparently him and his managament stuck their noses up at 750k, which seems like a suitable enough amount for him to me. Maybe we could land him for something in that vicinity but with more years attached, and the prospect of playing with Haas, Reynolds and Capewell as a sweetener.

On the other side of the coin, he seems like the exact sort of egotistical cockhead that thinks too much of himself that we need the least around the playing group right now, but if the choice is between him and Niu at fullback, I know which way I would be leaning.

Things appear to be pretty strained between Gutherson and the Eels at the moment, presumably because Gutherson thinks he's got Parra boxed in and is demanding overs.

Should we table an offer? We could play both sides to get him on a more realistic amount if we were smart about it. Apparently him and his managament stuck their noses up at 750k, which seems like a suitable enough amount for him to me. Maybe we could land him for something in that vicinity but with more years attached, and the prospect of playing with Haas, Reynolds and Capewell as a sweetener.

On the other side of the coin, he seems like the exact sort of egotistical cockhead that thinks too much of himself that we need the least around the playing group right now, but if the choice is between him and Niu at fullback, I know which way I would be leaning.
Question is, are you happy to thrust your hips with him?

If he's doing that to a club he "loves" imagine how he'll treat a QLD club that he joins.

Huge pass on that how you say ...'egotistical cockhead'.

Better yet...table him an offer for 700k

I dont think he loves parra, more that he enjoys playing for BA.

If he's doing that to a club he "loves" imagine how he'll treat a QLD club that he joins.

Huge pass on that how you say ...'egotistical cockhead'.

Better yet...table him an offer for 700k
I wouldn’t even table him an offer. He’s good, but I just don’t want him in a Broncos jersey.

Chris Garry reporting on 7 that we’re looking at Manu for ‘23 and also, Matt Parcell is looking to return home.
Matt Parcell.. Yes please.. The only reason I stopped mentioning his name was because someone here said he re-signed in Super League.

Matt Parcell.. Yes please.. The only reason I stopped mentioning his name was because someone here said he re-signed in Super League.

He signed a one year extention with Hull so unless they release him early he wont be here until 2023. He may be a decent bench option, but he's been way too inconsistent to be a starting NRL hooker.

He signed a one year extention with Hull so unless they release him early he wont be here until 2023. He may be a decent bench option, but he's been way too inconsistent to be a starting NRL hooker.
Maybe during a pandemic clubs may be more lenient in releasing a player to return to his home country. Maybe we could make a trade? Who knows.

Personally I don’t think I’ve posted enough highlight reels. I can find another one of Pauli Pauli if you’d like?

I'm still waiting for the Napa one, I was really excited for it. Don't let me down man!

TBH your 1-17 isn't really too much different from what the haters would put. The bench is great IMO but might be lacking if someone goes down in the backline unless we put Bullemor out there (which could prob work given he has decent speed)

edit: nevermind, missed Carrigan.
I’m confused?!?

The 1-17 is what most people would put because that’s the actual squad we have (sans Dunamis) in the positions they normally play.

So who are the “haters”?

I’m confused?!?

The 1-17 is what most people would put because that’s the actual squad we have (sans Dunamis).

So who are the “haters”?
well I asked him who he would have in the squad for next year and that's who he came up with, he had free reign to list all his SL nominees but chose not to. I'm very disappointed in you @upthebroncs

the haters are everyone who jumps on him everytime he suggests someone. that would include me too at times, but at least he's putting different names out there, it gets a bit old seeing the let's sign BSmith/Grant/Manu posts over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Rah88
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.